• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

This Samaras bloke is shit. All I have seen from him is wayward passes and big misses at goal.

Was he this crap for Celtic? He plays there right?

Or Russia.

untitled-11fqlvz.gif

Doesn't seem likely, I don't think. If he was in it for the money he would have gone to City. I think he just wants to win something important and he'll have a far better chance at Juve than Arsenal, or in the Russian league.

GorillaJu

These commentators just said "were watching the two worst teams in the tournament." lol who the fuck says that in the commentary box? Christ

faridmon

Lol at Ukraine keeper crisis. All of the 3 first keepers are injured and the one who is playing on Monday isn't even number 1 in his club.

dc89

Nikica Jelavic says you are wrong!

Don't get me wrong, some really good players are in the SPL and a few of them come and tear the PL up. But as a whole, how many of those SPL teams would survive in the Premier League or even the Championship, as that is a very competitive league.

faridmon

I am staying here exclusively (whenever I can, that is)

Don't get me wrong, some really good players are in the SPL and a few of them come and tear the PL up. But as a whole, how many of those SPL teams would survive in the Premier League or even the Championship, as that is a very competitive league.

I can see what you are saying and, largely enough, it is true that many of those players are even quite poor for Campionshuip. However, I can see most of those Celtic and Rangers (Well, before their whole financial problem that is) players doing really good in PL. Their level is way above than any other team in SPL. Yes, SPL is quite poor competitively, however, Cletic and rangers are not. They do good in europe and lumping them with other teams in SPl is really unfair.

GorillaJu

Poland just lost the plot during that second half. They didn't work the right flank at all - Piszczek stopped getting forward, Kuba was largely ineffective, and the other attacking midfielders didn't pick up the pieces at all.

dc89

I just noticed that the Racism in Football committee is currently meeting in Parliament.

Hopefully it gets sorted cause it's still a issue in the UK.

Wilbur

Banned
Poland just lost the plot during that second half. They didn't work the right flank at all - Piszczek stopped getting forward, Kuba was largely ineffective, and the other attacking midfielders didn't pick up the pieces at all.

Yeah they completely shit the bed

faridmon

Haha, There is a strong rumor that Tim Cahill is planning a move to Middle East. Even him haven't ruled out the possibility. I hope this is true. Absolutely love him, but he needs to stop playing since he is way past it.

faridmon

Damn, they are talking about girlfriends and dates over there in the Euro thread. What are those? They are starting to scare me :/

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbury will call Evilore "cock-nose" and it'll be all downhill from there.

Will cunt-nose fly? Is that preferable?

Meet the hero of the upcoming Russia- Czech match, Russian Joey Barton, Roman Shirokov.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/may/30/euro-2012-russia-roman-shirokov

My favourite? Getting loaned out, not showing up, disappearing for 2 months and then trying to cover it up with a fake broken leg.

I read this last week haha, got a few laughs. Is he talented or just a mental? More akin to Balotelli or Barton?

Will cunt-nose fly? Is that preferable?

I read this last week haha, got a few laughs. Is he talented or just a mental? More akin to Balotelli or Barton?

He's like a likeable version of Barton. He's also in great form and has a knack for being in the right spot. He's scored or assisted on 6 of Russia's last 7 goals. And he had a good champions league campaign for Zenit, scoring 5 times. Like a lot of players on this Russia team he is sort of a late bloomer.

Bo-Locks

Are the BBC really that cash strapped? Even ITV can afford to send the main presenters out there and set up some sort of make shift studio.

Wilbur

Banned
Passed all my first year modules but scraped a few hahaha... failed two exams by three marks but passed overall. Fuck it, that's fine for not touching a book all year.

Hixx

Passed all my first year modules but scraped a few hahaha... failed two exams by three marks but passed overall. Fuck it, that's fine for not touching a book all year.

Post less in here, go and learn some shit and be more INTELLIGENCE

dc89

Good stuff!

My GF graduated last year, she missed out on a first by half a mark. HALF. A. MARK!

kharma45

Congrats dude :) another 2 weeks until I can get my results, already got one back as the module was wholly coursework and it finished about a month or so before the semester did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom