• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
Me and a couple of friends created a Euro 2012 app (0.99) support us GAF!
It is ranked No. 1 in Paid Sports section. Around 100 overall.

Official app website: www.matches.net

devices1.png

Nice. I would buy it, but I don't really care about the Euros :p If you make an app for the CONCACAF Qualifiers, or Champions League/Europa League/Bundesliga, I would buy it.

Just curious, from what site are you getting the info (red cards, goals, etc)?

Meier

Surely a keeper who gives up 4 goals should be penalized more than 2 points?! That's crazy that Cech's performance was not worthy of less than a 0 in the official fantasy league.

Not sure but he only has one year left on his contract I think so I doubt he would cost that much.

With Danny coming back from his knee injury I don't know where we could fit Arshavin in but with the foreigner limit in the Russian league you can never have enough competent Russian players.

Salvadora

I've never thought that Szczesny was as good as people claimed.

He's a good shot stopper but makes some absolutely daft decisions sometimes.

He's just another Arsenal keeper.

This was not a typical game, He is prone to making some stupid decisions but it isn't like this regularly. Only 22 as well so will improve massively.

Bumhead

Banned
I've seen him play a couple of times for Leicester and he's always looked very impressive.

Same. He was quality at Leicester. Sounds like his big money move to West Brom didn't go to plan, but was at Brighton on loan last season and by all accounts they're disappointed they're not signing him permanently.

We're putting a decent side together at the minute. Him and Chris Kirkland in particular both seem like solid Championship signings for me, for a cost of £0.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This was not a typical game, He is prone to making some stupid decisions but it isn't like this regularly. Only 22 as well so will improve massively.

I don't know, Chesney has been consistently gaffe prone this season but has made up for that with some excellent reflex saves. He's a bit too confident, he leaves his line at the wrong time and is poor in 1 v 1 situations.

Agree that he will turn out great though. He's already better than most keepers aged 30.

Messi

Today I purchased:

HeG8Z.jpg

Spain Away w/ Iniesta
Spain Home w/ Alonso
brazil away w/ Neymar
Brazil home w/ Alves
Netherlands home ( Afellay name on order)
Netherlands Away w/ Snijder
Port ( ronnie on order)

Salvadora

I don't know, Chesney has been consistently gaffe prone this season but has made up for that with some excellent reflex saves. He's a bit too confident, he leaves his line at the wrong time and is poor in 1 v 1 situations.

Agree that he will turn out great though. He's already better than most keepers aged 30.
I don't deny he has problems. I remember the infamous cup final and the Barcelona semi-final had me pulling out my hair but I don't think people should write him off as 'just another Arsenal keeper'. We'll get another keeper this summer so hopefully its the kick up the ass he needs.

Today I purchased:

HeG8Z.jpg

Spain Away w/ Iniesta
Spain Home w/ Alonso
brazil away w/ Neymar
Brazil home w/ Alves
Port ( ronnie on order)
Where'd you get them from?

Just curious, are you addicted to buying new shirts?

Wilbur

Banned
Messi is in Orlando?

Jealous, disneyworld is my Mecca

Also the fat girl my wife knows just went in big brother, she's so Blackburnian

Is she worth watching for? Will she mention she knows this guy Jeff with the biggest piece in Lancashire?

I think I've seen 2 minutes of BB in my life.

Stubo

Banned paper is reporting spurs want £35m for Modric, that seems more realistic. Not that I can see that happening either, but it makes much more sense than the previous figure.

Is she worth watching for? Will she mention she knows this guy Jeff with the biggest piece in Lancashire?

I think I've seen 2 minutes of BB in my life.

No she's batshit insane

Lame, overused forum game now but how did you guys come up with your usernames?

Mine is boring but it's just because I like comic book guy

I imagine wilbury's came from:

'If I get chance I Wilbury my penis in anything under a certain age'

Wilbur

Banned
No she's batshit insane

:lol if only I'd put that much thought into it. Sadly my penis is drier than one of Kermit witticisms.

Traveling Wilburys. Petty, Dylan, Orbison, Harrison. I like usernames with one name (sorry) because they're easier to say. It was between that and Rhubarb

No she's batshit insane

http://failbook.failblog.org/2010/0...t-dino-before-they-were-extinct/?from=recMap2

Randomfooditem+saurus Rex is pretty popular. Also, I think there are some copycats out there. After changing my GT to Baconsaurus Rex I witnessed an increase in Baconsauri on the internet.

Messi

Messi prefers buying Inter kits.

HEY YURT, FUCK YOU.

whaaaaaat
that's the opposite of being classy.
and the exact same of being a fucking cunt.

THEY WERE GIFTS, FUCK INTER. I'll never buy one of those rags.

Before you die, tell your parents that I wear the same size shirt as you, thanks. I'll have the non-toxic ones.

You don't have the space.

Messi is in Orlando?

Jealous, disneyworld is my Mecca

Also the fat girl my wife knows just went in big brother, she's so Blackburnian

Was never a fan on Disney sadly. Theme parks are not for me.

Nah man, they were "gifts".
kidding Messi :p

Nice kits Messi, especially the Afellay and Iniesta ones.

Excited to get the Afellay one in a few days. Had to special order it.

No she's batshit insane

My gamer tag is 'Willkiller07'. I chose that because my name is Will, I bought my 360 with Gears so I fiqured I'd be killing people and I bought it in 2007 :D

Lightning

Banned
Today I purchased:

HeG8Z.jpg

Spain Away w/ Iniesta
Spain Home w/ Alonso
brazil away w/ Neymar
Brazil home w/ Alves
Port ( ronnie on order)
Nice! I've only got the Netherlands home and away. RVP for home and Sneijder for away. My 2 favourite Dutch players.

Szczesny confirmed he was playing the latter half of last season with pain killers. Yeah he made some poor decisions but in general his shot stopping is very good. Where Szczesny needs to work is on his positioning, decision making and distriubtion and i do not believe he is error prone at all. Aside from today's explosion and the Norwich game for us he has been a consistent performer for us. Yes he makes mistakes but with some of Arsenal's calamity defending the task on his shoulders was rather high...

Judderman

drawer by drawer
No she's batshit insane

I used to be into card flourishes, shuffles, etc. and the site I used to visit for videos and tutorials had a prominent member named The Judderman. He got banned for some reason and I grew out of that hobby, but when I had to make a handle for some game or forum, I stole his name b/c I thought it was cool (YevonCrusader, Ace of Hearts, or Darkhorse were not as cool.). I've just stuck with it.

This post made me search my old names:

GY7YU.png

Carbonox

No she's batshit insane

Ratchet & Clank 2 got me in to gaming forums (originally the SCEA one back in '03). So I jacked my name from the game. BOOYA.

Surname is Marshall..

I've been told I'm laid back..

96 is an arbitrary number attributed to my email address. Used it in my gamertag, psn, etc.

Yeah.

Soi-Fong

Nice! I've only got the Netherlands home and away. RVP for home and Sneijder for away. My 2 favourite Dutch players.

Szczesny confirmed he was playing the latter half of last season with pain killers. Yeah he made some poor decisions but in general his shot stopping is very good. Where Szczesny needs to work is on his positioning, decision making and distriubtion and i do not believe he is error prone at all. Aside from today's explosion and the Norwich game for us he has been a consistent performer for us. Yes he makes mistakes but with some of Arsenal's calamity defending the task on his shoulders was rather high...

My girlfriend will be going to Paris this Sun for a week so told her to get me an M'Vila French home jersey! Hopefully she can find one! As for the Netherlands, I do want to get their away jersey with Strootman on it. lol

Scum

Holy shit! Russia scaring up Group A already! o_O
How were the Czechs? Average??

No she's batshit insane

I just thought, "Let's see if it'll accept Scum..."

Clegg

Banned paper is reporting spurs want £35m for Modric, that seems more realistic. Not that I can see that happening either, but it makes much more sense than the previous figure.

£35m makes more sense for Spurs.

Time for United to walk away.

He's not worth that amount.

Salvadora

£35m makes more sense for Spurs.

Time for United to walk away.

He's not worth that amount.

If it was Chelsea/City I think Spurs' would get it but there is no way SAF pays that. Modric will probably want out this summer again so you might be able to unsettle him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom