• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

I like the whole no stars and 30 sul campo btw.

I still think the '30 sul campo' will look a bit tacky, I didn't know we were getting rid of the stars though. It kind of makes sense now I guess. I'd still rather see us battling the FIGC where it actually counts - in courts.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I still think the '30 sul campo' will look a bit tacky, I didn't know we were getting rid of the stars though. It kind of makes sense now I guess. I'd still rather see us battling the FIGC where it actually counts - in courts.

Better than "finding a way" to add three stars. We'll have our proper three stars in two seasons anyway.

:p

And apparently the 2nd kit is ALL black, with no badge?

Clegg

Modric threw a tantrum last season and it didn't gt him anywhere.

£35m is too much for United these days.

If he was a 24 year old then maybe we'd spend that amount. But I don't think we'll go that far for a player that turns 27 at the start of the season.

Zabojnik

"Calvo: la seconda maglia sarà interamente nera" "The away kit will be totally black"

Totally black!?! :p

JuventusAwayDesign.jpg

Should look something like this. I will rage however, if they'll put 'Jeep' on a retangle like here.

Salvadora

Xavi
“Mourinho won’t go down in football history,” said Xavi. “For me Guardiola is the best, and he has been during the four years he’s been in charge at Barça, because he’s revolutionised football.
“Barça continue to be the reference point for football the world over. Barça has also been an example, Madrid not so much. They’ve only recognised that we were better when we won.
"We’ve always been respectful, but they haven’t been so gracious. It’s a personal feeling.”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...n-squad-and-takes-swipe-at-Jose-Mourinho.html
Here's hoping the fractures don't come through at the Euros.

Lightning

Banned
http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/soccer_irish/111134/

Rodgers interested in Bendtner? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha A big headed fool like Bendtner will only make Liverpool's problems worse and 8mil for him? You've got to be kidding... You need to be paid 8mil just to tolerate this useless clown. He's a disruptive character hence why we shipped him on loan instead of keeping him as our back up as he is no where near good enough to start.

Modric is going no where. And is there anyone shocked Spurs are playing hardball? Come on... Spurs don't want their best players leaving, they've been very clear about this.

Scum

PL teams need to do more FM shenanigans with their squads.

• Strengthen the U18s, and get them involve with 1st team'ers.
    Don't pay much heed to the Reserve squad. If he's been there for far too long, then it's obvious he's not 1s team material. Flog him off to a team that will need him.
    Loan out talented youngsters to teams with managers who have a good working with youngsters.
£40m for one player is fucking absurd. I hear it costs Barca around £8m - £10m a yr for La Masia. That's 4 to 5yrs worth of talent for the cost of Modric...

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
PL teams need to do more FM shenanigans with their squads.

• Strengthen the U18s, and get them involve with 1st team'ers.
    Don't pay much heed to the Reserve squad. If he's been there for far too long, then it's obvious he's not 1s team material. Flog him off to a team that will need him.
    Loan out talented youngsters to teams with managers who have a good working with youngsters.
£40m for one player is fucking absurd. I hear it costs Barca around £8m - £10m a yr for La Masia. That's 4 to 5yrs worth of talent for the cost of Modric...

Developing talent is fading. It is quite sad.

Clegg

Football Weekly are doing a daily podcast for duration of the Euros.

The first one is up.

It's 30 mins long its not like they're being thrifty on content.

elsk

Banned
Bayern also invest around 8m euros yearly in the youth section and reserves. Results: Schweini, Lahm, Contento, Alaba, Mueller, Badstuber, etc. Not bad.

rififi

Xavi

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...n-squad-and-takes-swipe-at-Jose-Mourinho.html
Here's hoping the fractures don't come through at the Euros.

Wtf Xavi, why would he say that in an interview? I lost a bit of respect for him, especially since both Busquets and Pique have said the opposite in interviews, not saying anything bad about Madrid players and trying to say everyone is working for one goal, together.

In reality - from what I understand - the tension was mainly between Pique and Ramos. Del Bosque said that they were acting like children and he would have no problem benching both of them.

I'm watching the Canal+ interview right now to see if there was some sort of mistranslation.

elsk

Banned

Heh, actually is less than that:

Bayern Munich, Germany's richest and most successful club, buys international stars (eg Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben) and top domestic talent (eg Manuel Neuer and Mario Gomez) -- but its starting lineup usually includes four or five homegrown players.

“Every time Bayern has been very successful it’s had a lot of players from its youth program,” says Director of Sport Christian Nerlinger, who himself joined FC Bayern as a 14-year-old and won league titles and the UEFA Cup with Bayern in the 1990s. “They have a special identification with the club.”

The club spends about 5 million euro ($6.5 million) a year on its youth program.

“It is not a question of budget,” says FC Bayern President Uli Hoeness. “If we need 5 million, that’s OK. If we need 7 million, we will do it. Because you cannot give a limit. You spend what is necessary. One year 4 million, next year 6 or 7 million.”

Last year, Bayern sold Munich-born Mehmet Ekici, who joined the club at age 8, to Werder Bremen for 5 million euros -- but Hoeness insists the youth program’s focus is on boosting the first team.

“We are not a selling club,” Hoeness says. “Our aim is always to invest money for players who can play for Bayern. If sometimes you can sell a player like Mehmet Ekici for 5 million – OK, that’s fantastic, it pays for one full year the academy.”

rodvik

Modric threw a tantrum last season and it didn't gt him anywhere.

£35m is too much for United these days.

If he was a 24 year old then maybe we'd spend that amount. But I don't think we'll go that far for a player that turns 27 at the start of the season.

I am no ManU fan but that statement is true and also disgraceful. Realy ManU should be mentioned in any big transfer discussion, they are a gigantic club. Fergie getting starved for money is absurd.

pPVmv.jpg

DAT MANCINI.

Thats all I need. My wife already has a crush on him 8[

Meier

New report from the Independent.

Spurs ready to play hardball over sale of £40m Modric

United should just walk away.

I suggested £40 million when Chelsea's name was being floated last week. He's definitely a £30-35 kinda guy on his own right, but they've got him under contract for a few more years and he's their most important or second most important player.. no way I expected they'd take less than £40 (or at least ask for less than that).

Horrible, horrible match (Mexico 3 - 1 Guyana). Team played like utter shit, with unexplainable starters that hadn't played a whole match in months. The guys at El Salvador will rip them a new asshole at Cuscatlán if they mean to stroll through the pitch like they did tonight.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mexico I am disappoint. :I

I was only able to listen to the match on radio and I was still screaming. Fucking awful performance despite the win. We always play like poop against inferior teams like these. Fick sytinfjjfkfjjhakkfifirudiksjjsjucheythdh

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Holy fuck Panamá is up. :eek:

EDIT: And there's the second one! I told you guys Panamá was no minnow. Honduras 0 Panamá 2
EDIT2: And there's a penalty for Panamá. Holy shit.
EDIT3: But they failed it lulz.

Watching Jackie Brown. Roommate gone for the weekend so I'm naked and drinking an icy beverage. Life is good. Could only be better if the gf was sitting naked next to me.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Woah, Panamá really impressed. Well deserved result, they were the better team today.
I was only able to watch the second half. I was surprised to see Panamá playing so well on the counter and Honduras to be so clueless upfront. imo Panamá is a serious candidate for the third CONCACAF berth.

MPW

I was only able to watch the second half. I was surprised to see Panamá playing so well on the counter and Honduras to be so clueless upfront. imo Panamá is a serious candidate for the third CONCACAF berth.

nah, Canada got 3rd spot locked

we beat cuba away so we must be awesome :p

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Is anyone watching Costa Rica versus El Salvador? The cuscatlecos just scored an incredible goal on the counter to tie it 2-2.

If Mexico plays next Tuesday like we did today we are gonna lose convincingly.
nah, Canada got 3rd spot locked

we beat cuba away so we must be awesome :p
Pfft, everyone beats Cuba.

Tegris

oy what the fuck New Zealand got knocked out of the OFC cup? :O

I don't want to talk about it.

Nelsen and Paston weren't playing, but that doesn't excuse the fact that we couldn't score against New Caledonia... we had been awful for the whole tournament too, it wasn't a one off. Not really sure how to explain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom