• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

All the team have to work 2x, or 3x more, to make him score. He adds nothing to the team, doesn't provide support for his teammates. He limits the flow/play of his team.

Yeah, if it was Klose in his place, combined with the rest of the team having to work 2x more, he would finish the season with 80 goals.

No way, Germany's crossing was poor today, he did more than enough. Gomez also helps the defense many times when playing for Bayern.

Arnie

jay2.jpg

In return for that photo, in a similar vein to my hunt for a striker this afternoon, does anyone have any hot tips for defenders in FM11? They need to be able to come to Blackpool, and can't break the bank.

Gomez does more harm than good to both Germany NT and Bayern. All the team have to work 2x, or 3x more, to make him score. He adds nothing to the team, doesn't provide support for his teammates. He limits the flow/play of his team.

He sure is something special.
Mah man!

There is a reason he's unable to get the A team spot vs. a footballing pensioner.

Clegg

Spearing needs to step his game up.

Even this asthetically challenged male managed to shack up with this fine woman

517555.jpg

doicare

Gomez does more harm than good to both Germany NT and Bayern. All the team have to work 2x, or 3x more, to make him score. He adds nothing to the team, doesn't provide support for his teammates. He limits the flow/play of his team.

He sure is something special.
Gomez as good as Lewandowski confirmed.

Arnie

Looking for someone a bit more immediate. Just got turned over by Bolton in pre-season and I'm worried Evatt just won't cut it with the style of football I want to introduce (high line).

Clegg

Then getting someone on loan is probably the best bet.

As Wilbury suggested, Smalling might be a good player to get.

jay2.jpg

In return for that photo, in a similar vein to my hunt for a striker this afternoon, does anyone have any hot tips for defenders in FM11? They need to be able to come to Blackpool, and can't break the bank.

The girl in the white outfit intrigues me. I'm talking about the one on the left

FootballFan

That Brasil Argentina game was awesome, bad defending but entertaining.

Messi you so amazing, even for Argentina(excluding that '11 Copa where he was way below his standard lol). Doing good atm though 3 vs Switzerland, 2 vs Ecuador, now 3 vs Brazil. 8 in last 3 games. :D 3rd goal was so good.

Goddamn, Hummels was really horrible today. But it's simple, here, we already learned some days ago that Hummels and Badstuber can't play together because there is no defender that stays back all the time. I really hope Mertesacker will play the next match to give us stability.

also Hup Holland!

Goddamn, Hummels was really horrible today. But it's simple, here, we already learned some days ago that Hummels and Badstuber can't play together because there is no defender that stays back all the time. I really hope Mertesacker will play the next match to give us stability.

also Hup Holland!

I thought he was one of the best players...

spidye

I thought he was one of the best players...

it was clever sarcasm directed to me.

also Hup Holland!

I stand corrected. what I said about him was not ill meaned or anything. you guys should stop taking it so personally if I say anyything about a player. this was by far his best game for germany. good for him and good for germany

it was clever sarcasm directed to me.

I stand corrected. what I said about him was not ill meaned or anything. you guys should stop taking it so personally if I say anyything about a player. this was by far his best game for germany. good for him and good for germany

...he was..

edit
Wow sarcasm on the internet is hard to detect haha.

*sarcasm*

Lol /facepalm I fail at seeing sarcasm :D

Arnie

Crisis over lads, I've agreed to loan Curtis Davies for a season and pay half of his wages. He's got the pace I need for my system, I expect him to strike a good partnership with Baptiste.

No, you don't. Hummels needed a few matches to get in the national team and that's rather long gone already. He played extremely solid in the more serious matches. He really was only "bad" in the matches where the whole defense/team was fucked up and the media kept talking him bad. There really was no doubt that he'd play well in important matches if he gets Löw's confidence.

elsk

Banned
No, you don't. Hummels needed a few matches to get in the national team and that's rather long gone already. He played extremely solid in the more serious matches. He really was only "bad" in the matches where the whole defense/team was fucked up and the media kept talking him bad. There really was no doubt that he'd play well in important matches if he gets Löw's confidence.

Players from Bayern do well in their NT, no news there ;)

Fry

You and phantast2k take things way too seriously. Chillax bro.

Hummels was only awful in the Champions League. He wasn't as good as he was last season, but he was still pretty good. Him and Badstuber could form one of the best partnership in the world.

spidye

No, you don't. Hummels needed a few matches to get in the national team and that's rather long gone already. He played extremely solid in the more serious matches. He really was only "bad" in the matches where the whole defense/team was fucked up and the media kept talking him bad.
what do you mean by I don't
anyway, I am glad for hummels, I really am.

Wilbur

Banned
UGHHH I was in a car crash today and didn't mention it because I was okay but... my ribs are fucking killing me. I can't lie on them without them fucking aching.

Gonna try and get the day off tomorrow, I can barely move without them hurting :/

You and phantast2k take things way too seriously. Chillax bro.
He's our only player that has an actual chance to play. Also Schmelzer gets totally fucked over by Löw and I feared the same for Hummels. It's serious business.

what do you mean by I don't
anyway, I am glad for hummels, I really am.

It was supposed to refer to your first sentence, you don't stand correct with that point, sorry :).

UGHHH I was in a car crash today and didn't mention it because I was okay but... my ribs are fucking killing me. I can't lie on them without them fucking aching.

Gonna try and get the day off tomorrow, I can barely move without them hurting :/

Stick a claim in!

elsk

Banned
He's our only player that has an actual chance to play. Also Schmelzer gets totally fucked over by Löw and I feared the same for Hummels. It's serious business.

I'm not a fan of Loew but you can't blame him for benching Schmelzer. Schmelzer had his chances and he looks very mediocre everytime.

spidye

It was supposed to refer to your first sentence, you don't stand correct with that point, sorry :).

I stand corrected means I admit I was wrong. ;)

Clegg

You should really be going to a hospital if you were involved in a car accident.

Fry

At the EUROs? Yes probably, you can't blame him for not using Götze so soon, and risking Reus (inexperience at the big stage). Theyll probably be stars at the World Cup though.

I was okay until about an hour ago... Some guy pulled out of his drive into the front of her car but my ribs have started killing me. Gonna sleep on it and will probably go tomorrow.
The thing is that most often the pain will be worse the second or third day. Best of luck man. How bad is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom