• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

Yeah gonna go tomorrow cheers. I think it's just bruising, I can breathe okay it just kills in every position.

I was in a car accident 2 summers ago, was in a bit of pain but nothing bad, went to the doctor anyway just to be sure. Turns out I was fine, just some bruising and stuff, however merely telling the insurance company that I had had to go to the doctor caused them to offer me £900 right away no questions asked (and my brother, who was a passenger also received £900).

The moral of this story is - money is nice, especially when you get it for basically nothing.

I see Messi tore it up against Brazil.

Holy hell, Coldplay are so freaking good live, so so good!! Got loads of videos and pictures.

Please don't share them Coldplay are more boring than I am on a bad day

Hope you're ok Wilbeck, sounds like your girlfriend has classic whiplash symptoms.

If I were you I'd go and get those ribs removed, self blow jobs ahoy!

Went to buy a Chelsea shirt at Sports Direct today but they were sold out :/

Is it confirmed Hazard is taking number 10 from Mata or is his number not confirmed yet?

Please don't share them Coldplay are more boring than I am on a bad day

Hope you're ok Wilbeck, sounds like your girlfriend has classic whiplash symptoms.

If I were you I'd go and get those ribs removed, self blow jobs ahoy!

Did you not see his posts about the lack of work he did in Uni this year? If he had Gaf AND self blow jobs he'd destroy his life in weeks and be the subject of a Channel 4 documentary.

flake

Went to buy a Chelsea shirt at Sports Direct today but they were sold out :/

Is it confirmed Hazard is taking number 10 from Mata or is his number not confirmed yet?

Unconfirmed as far as i know. Hope Mata keeps the no.10, he deserves it.

Some hilarious moments in this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oRjOa2D-LE&list=UUU2PacFf99vhb3hNiYDmxww&index=1&feature=plcp/seconds;1:53

Also love the youtube comment - "let's buy every fucker that scores in the euros."

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Brazil has been using a B team for months now.
Tell me, who exactly was missing from this Brazil line-up besides David Luiz and Dani Alves? And by that I mean someone significantly better than the currently available option.

edit: Oh, Venezuela. :(

Fry

Tell me, who exactly was missing from this Brazil line-up besides David Luiz and Dani Alves? And by that I mean someone significantly better than the currently available option.

Thiago Silva

Lucas (Liverpool)
Ramires
Diego (Atletico Madrid)
Kaka
Ganso
Hernanes
Luiz Gustavo

Robinho

Clegg

I liked Thor. Its an entertaining, dumb action film.

I'll watch any movie with Stellan Skarsgard in it as I'm a massive fan.

Didn't think Portman was up to much in the movie. There was no chemistry between her and Hemsworth and I wanted more Kat Dennings.

GorillaJu

More of the same can be found here: http://stanleychowsoccerprints.bigcartel.com/

Also, if I was German, I would definitely sport a Daniel Nyari avatar:

Those are great, by the way.

I love that style - decided to let myself be inspired by this and I'm currently working on a portrait in a similar style.

Guess who? :p (obviously far from completion!)

suWuT.png

elsk

Banned
hey elsk, how are you guys doing down there?

I'm worried about Tuesday night. :s

Rumors of Luis Fernando Suárez being sacked if we lose against Canada. EVERYTHING IS GREAT :(
This was like the 5 time we lose in our stadium in the WC qualifiers, and the first time to lose by more than 1 goal. So everyone is kind of worried. He didn't call a lot of our best players in Europe (Ramón Nuñez, Edgar Alvarez, Andy Najar, Marvin Chávez, etc), he actually called most of the players from the local league and after losing so badly even the president (corrupto, ladrón) of the FENAFUTH gave him an ultimatum.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Rumors of Luis Fernando Suárez being sacked if we lose against Canada. EVERYTHING IS GREAT :(
This was like the 5 time we lose in our stadium in the WC qualifiers, and the first time to lose by more than 1 goal. So everyone is kind of worried. He didn't call a lot of our best players in Europe (Ramón Nuñez, Edgar Alvarez, Andy Najar, Marvin Chávez, etc), he actually called most of the players from the local league and after losing so badly even the president (corrupto, ladrón) of the FENAFUTH gave him an ultimatum.
It's just Canada, I'm sure you guys can do it.

elsk

Banned
Anybody watch the boxing? Wtf?

I don't see the point of any "sport" outside football, tbh. Football is just perfect.

It's just Canada, I'm sure you guys can do it.

Losing against New Zealand and now losing against Panamá at home is very worrying. I'm not so sure anymore. The coach looks clueless so far.
I still remember when we were #20 in the FIFA ranking in 2001 :( what a team we had.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Losing against New Zealand and now losing against Panamá at home is very worrying. I'm not so sure anymore. The coach looks clueless so far.
I still remember when we were #20 in the FIFA ranking in 2001 :( what a team we had.
I wanna say that New Zealand is a good team but I am watching the OFC final right now (I got nothing better to do) and these two teams that got ahead of them are awful. Incredible that one of them will be in the Confederations. I hope Mexico draws the champion!
He thinks he's Hulk?

Fry

Kaka's pretty good for the Brazilian national team. His last matches were on the World Cup if I'm not mistaken, and he was easily one of the best players. Surely that doesn't say much, but it's better than being one of the worst.

I'd love to see Kaka playing with the likes of Pato, Neymar, Hulk.

Fry

GAFfers who bought the new Germany away shirt: how do you like it? I'm about to get it for my birthday (which isn't in a couple of days, but I like early gifts)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
And Tahiti wins the OFC Nations Cup and qualifies to Confederations to join the ranks of Spain, Brazil, Mexico, Uruguay, and Japan!

..where the fuck is Tahiti?

And Tahiti wins the OFC Nations Cup and qualifies to Confederations to join the ranks of Spain, Brazil, Mexico, Uruguay, and Japan!

..where the fuck is Tahiti?

Wait does that mean that Tahiti will be in the intercontinental playoff for the World Cup? Or does OFC have a separate quailifier tournament?

flake

Just watched the replay for Brazil v Argentina. The ESPN commentator was talking about Hulk as if his already signed for Chelsea. Have I missed something?

dc89

Just watched the replay for Brazil v Argentina. The ESPN commentator was talking about Hulk as if his already signed for Chelsea. Have I missed something?

I don't think you've missed anything. It's just heavily rumoured, that's it. Awesome avatar by the way.

---

_60806423_60806219.jpg

Yeah... Juve can have him. Unless that was just a one off horror game.

Apparently he has agreed personal terms with Chelsea, then he started following Chelsea and a few Chelsea players on twitter and also said thanks for the support to all Chelsea fans who has written to him... Then he said something along the lines of "it has been some great years now and I'm sure the Porto fans can understand if I will move". So yeah, it seems to be happening but Porto wants a bit more than Roman wants to spend right now.

elseanio

Messi was at Anfield in 2007, but Arbeloa played a brilliant game at LB (Messi was only 20, mind). Wasn't at the game, so yeah.. hope I get to see him live when he's still world class. Barcelona will go out the Group Stages, and we'll play them in the Europa League!

dc89

Messi was at Anfield in 2007, but Arbeloa played a brilliant game at LB (Messi was only 20, mind). Wasn't at the game, so yeah.. hope I get to see him live when he's still world class. Barcelona will go out the Group Stages, and we'll play them in the Europa League!

CL 2012/13

Barcelona
Manchester City
Juventus
Dortmund

Believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom