• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
Diego Contento is about to sign a new contract running until 2016.
According to Bild he rejected offers from Milan, Lazio and Napoli.

:D

Korez

270893_431697173537171_245877738_n.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Why? They're rich. I do see Lugano leaving, tho.

So they have more room and wage space for more signings. FFP will give them some leeway, but they could easily get rid of Hoarau and not miss him.

Didn't Pastore only join them last season? I'll be Suprised if they sell him, wasn't he touted as the next star midfielder

He won't leave for sure, just saying how many attacking options they already have. Stockpiling players

elsk

Banned
So they have more room and wage space for more signings. FFP will give them some leeway, but they could easily get rid of Hoarau and not miss him.

They will have to worry about that like in 6 years. FFP is getting in action (banning teams) in season 2018 or something like that.

Wilbur

Banned
They will have to worry about that like in 6 years. FFP is getting in action (banning teams) in season 2018 or something like that.

Eh, suppose so. Just makes sense to get rid of one or two players at least. Luyindula has no need being there.

Clegg

I'm watching highlights of the Spain/Italy game and I can't get over how good Iniesta is.

His dribbling and close control in congested areas is phenomenal.

Clegg

I wasn't impressed by Alonso this evening. Del Bosque likes the added cover that Alonso and Busquets bring but only 1 DM is necessary imo. Torres was awful when he came on but Spain played better when they had someone up front to pass to.

For the next game I think Spain should line up with Busquets and Xavi in the middle. Iniesta, Silva and Pedro in the more advanced role and one of Torres/Llorente up front.

I picked Pedro because he's an effective wide player as well as a goalscorer.

Wilbur

Banned
I wasn't impressed by Alonso this evening. Del Bosque likes the added cover that Alonso and Busquets bring but only 1 DM is necessary imo. Torres was awful when he came on but Spain played better when they had someone up front to pass to.

For the next game I think Spain should line up with Busquets and Xavi in the middle. Iniesta, Silva and Pedro in the more advanced role and one of Torres/Llorente up front.

I picked Pedro because he's an effective wide player as well as a goalscorer.

Yep yep yep

I would probably go with...

Ramos - Pique - Martinez - Alba
Xavi - Busquets - Iniesta
Silva - Llorente - Pedro

Salsa

Happy with the result (4-2) but we played like shit. Peru scoring 2 goals is 2 goals too much, they shouldnt have been able to even touch us. Referee also sucked.

but all good

edit: oh also I was there!

253349_397171940318367_111117146_n.jpg

Clegg

Italy played very well too.

Cassano was a big threat and Pirlo was his usual classy self. But Balotelli never really got into the game. Di Natale added a much greater threat when he came on and took his goal well. He should start ahead of Balotelli in Italys next game.

De Rossi looked very classy in defence. He read play well and broke up a lot of Spanish attacks. He also showed some brilliant long range passing. But that was only when Spain we playing without a striker. As soon as Torres came on Italy looked a lot shakier in defence. He needs to be moved back into midfield where he's in his most effective position. I think he'd get horribly exposed against teams that play with good strikers.

Spain/Italy is the game of the tournament so far.

Wilbur

Banned
Italy played very well too.

Cassano was a big threat and Pirlo was his usual classy self. But Balotelli never really got into the game. Di Natale added a much greater threat when he came on and took his goal well. He should start ahead of Balotelli in Italys next game.

De Rossi looked very classy in defence. He read play well and broke up a lot of Spanish attacks. He also showed some brilliant long range passing. But that was only when Spain we playing without a striker. As soon as Torres came on Italy looked a lot shakier in defence. He needs to be moved back into midfield where he'ss in his most effective position. I think he'd get horribly exposed against teams that play with good strikers.

Spain/Italy is the game of the tournament so far.

Yeah I was impressed with De Rossi, and Maggio was good as well, gave them some real width and caught Alba out a few times. They're really missing Villa and Puyol I think.

That little flick Pirlo did in the first few minutes and his burst of pace and assist... I could watch them all day.

Clegg

Spain are definitely missing Villa.

He's the best striker the national team have ever had. Spain can very their attack when he's on the pitch. He's good at drifting out wide and cutting inside for a shot. He can play off the shoulder of the last defender and he's even a good poacher.

But they don't have him so they need an alternative. Playing Fabregas in the false 9 role doesn't really work. Llorente or Torres should start the next game.

And Sergio Ramos really isn't that good at CB imo. Martinez would be a better option to have playing there.

sneaky77

Pedro on the right then yeah.

Not for Spain I wouldn't have Alonso. He was poor today while Busi was brilliant. If they're going to play like Barca, might as well take a key cog

I would say Italy's goal was lazy defending from bisquits, he barely opposed Pirlo as he watched him pass him by and didn't really try to get back in the play.

And Sergio Ramos really isn't that good at CB imo. Martinez would be a better option to have playing there imo.

Ramos is really good at being out of position most of the time.. he didn't really play well today

elsk

Banned
Spain are definitely missing Villa.

He's the best striker the national team have ever had. Spain can very their attack when he's on the pitch. He's good at drifting out wide and cutting inside for a shot. He can play off the shoulder of the last defender and he's even a good poacher.

But they don't have him so they need an alternative. Playing Fabregas in the false 9 role doesn't really work. Llorente or Torres should start the next game.

And Sergio Ramos really isn't that good at CB imo. Martinez would be a better option to have playing there imo.

Soldado is the perfect striker for the Spain NT, it was a huge mistake to let him out of the Euro.

Hixx

Shank is the worst fucking game ever, what I press on my controller and what happens on the screen never fucking matches up. Proper nerd rage ripped my controller out and flung it.

fake edit: where did all my quotes go!? I cba to re-quote but I surmise that England will win tomorrow. Even if I did make this

Wilbur

Banned
Shank is the worst fucking game ever, what I press on my controller and what happens on the screen never fucking matches up. Proper nerd rage ripped my controller out and flung it.

fake edit: where did all my quotes go!? I cba to re-quote but I surmise that England will win tomorrow. Even if I did make this

If we do win I'll photoshop a picture of me giving Niall Quinn fellatio and send it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom