• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
I was gonna say Jimena is a hottie and then she started dissing Mario. :( Boner letdown.

hahahaha, I prefer Tania Rincón. Jimena es una putita hecha y derecha.

edit: y vos crees que ella sabe una mierda de juegos? seriously. "Van a estar fusionados el PS3 y PSVita" FUSIONADOS?!

mozfan12

Banned

Its one of the few things I really like about Concacaf qualifiers. It adds a lot of color to the game. Though they sometimes go to an extreme. I remember the year we had the pig flu epidemic, and some of the salvadorean fans wore masks as a joke. That was a bit disgusting in my opinion.

Mexico should win, but after Fridays performance, I'm not too sure about out chances of taking the three points back home. We always tend to lose over there.

elsk

Banned
CONCACAF qualifiers would be amazing if we dropped the caribbean countries (and the pseudo-countries like Guyana). Jamaica is the only one with a good team.

edit: I can't believe the concacaf president is again, a caribbean dude. Seriously, do they even have a league in his country? ffs.

Hey bjaelke, guess Per didn't like hearing the bank box is nearly empty.
KuGsj.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
According to Daily Mail, PSG are interested in Modric

I honestly don't think Modric would be interested. Yes they'd offer him money and CL but he wants to play at the highest level. If he goes it will be to a club in Italy, Spain or Germany.

sohois

I honestly don't think Modric would be interested. Yes they'd offer him money and CL but he wants to play at the highest level. If he goes it will be to a club in Italy, Spain or Germany.

With the players PSG are accumulating, they will very swiftly be a force in the CL. Lavezzi and Silva were probably moving with that they will be CL challengers soon and Modric would probably think the same.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
With the players PSG are accumulating, they will very swiftly be a force in the CL. Lavezzi and Silva were probably moving with that they will be CL challengers soon and Modric would probably think the same.

I just don't think Modric would be interested in the domestic side of things. If he went it would be because he wants to take it easy and collect a nice pay check, because for a player who has been rabbiting on about playing at 'the highest level', a move to Ligue 1 makes no sense. The PL top 4 will still have better teams than PSG and the quality of opposition in the league is dreadful by his standards.

PaulLFC

'A big blow to Ronaldo's self of steam' - Duncan Jenkins reviews the first round of Euro 2012 matches

Hullo and welcome to Duncan Jenkins' review of the opening round of fixtures at euro 2012, with me Duncan Jenkins.

The football world has now seen every team at euro 2012 and that includes me. my mam met another new fella on friday night and i am delighted to report she’s hardly been home since, meaning i’ve seen every kick of every ball. My mam’s not coming home - football’s coming home L.O.L.

A turner for the books

In my "day one preview" I put my head above the parrot pit and said the prospect of the first two games was totally boring. for all intensive purposes I was bang wrong and late on friday night I was forced to eat a huge slice of crumble pie after a great pair of opening games.

Poland’s keeper Woichejch Szhechesny saw red in a 1-1 draw, but the Poles will be annoyed they didn’t make the extra man count against ten man Greece, who also had a man sent off.

Russia said "auf weidersehn pet" to the cezchs blowing them away 4-1 in a game that was evenly balanced firmly in russia’s favour. on that evidence i have a feeling the russian's could well enjoy a really good run in the tournament unless they get knocked out, while the Cezchs look a team going nowhere. they'll be going home soon.

The gruppa del morte

Day two brought us to group B, which is known in the industry as "the gruppa del morte" . Holland and Denmark met in a repeat of the last time they faced each other but with a very different result this time.

The Danes shocked "de oranges" 1-0 after R.V.P and co missed literally hundreds of guilt edged chances. They will probably be a bit disappointed with that but on the other hand I can only imagine the amount of Danish pastries that were consumed during the wild celebrations in Denmark that night. Probably hundreds and rightly so, they are absolutely deliscious.

Germany took there time against Portugal in what was a very dull affair. Gomez missed a few chances but julie obliged with a 72nd minute header to win the game for the Germans and improve on there 100% record so far.

Portugal once again failed to get the best out of C.R.7 who spent most of the game demonstrating with his team mates. ronaldo is the greatest portugalese footballer ever imho onion, even better than eusebio A.K.A "the black pele", and i feel the camp Real Madrid star needs to be at the centre of the tension. he should play as a false nine instead of a winger, and the fact the useless postiga was preferred up front must of been a real blow to Ronaldo's enormous self of steam.

The third group, group c (3)

Defending champions Spain changed there national anthem from "viva espanya" to something very poor and deservedly paid the ultimate price with a 1-1 draw against italy. vincente del bosque could not resist showing off his tatical mouse with the tournaments first false 9. i absolutely love false nines and was delighted to see the false nine – cess fabregas - score the goal.

Slovia failed to qualify but there deadly rivals croatia looked a side with ability and lots of temperament when they beat the republic of ireland 3-1. The Irish will be staring deep into there stew with Spain and Italy coming up and they need to pull a real miracle out of the fire now.

Jools rimay is still breathing

England got an increditable draw against France but it was not pretty. Roy Hodgson set out his stool and it really stank the place out, but it worked for the English players who look like they've bought into Roy's idea.

In the groups other game the Ukraines took on Sweden in the birth place of the chicken kiev, Kiev. The home team ran out 2-1 winners with veterinarian striker Andrei Shevchenko scoring both goals.Itt was a superp way to end the first round of games and the tournament is really cooking with gas now.

Opening round conclusion

That concludes my round up of the opening round of matches.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

choodi

Banned
On the bus I on the way to the Australia v Japan match and am listening to some douche complain that Samsung copied the iPhone 4s with the Galaxy S III.

Fuck me I hate geeks sometimes.

Salazar

On the bus I on the way to the Australia v Japan match and am listening to some douche complain that Samsung copied the iPhone 4s with the Galaxy S III.

Fuck me I hate geeks sometimes.

Brisbane is truly a vibrant place. Lots going on, culturally-speaking, to talk about.

bjaelke

Tom Williams ‏@tomwfootball
Nasri: "It doesn't unsettle me because I don't read the press but my mother is ill and when she reads that her son is 'rubbish', it hurts."

Salazar

Tom Williams ‏@tomwfootball
Nasri: "It doesn't unsettle me because I don't read the press but my mother is ill and when she reads that her son is 'rubbish', it hurts."

If only Samir were a classier human being and wasn't so quick to sling insults at other pros, the point he's making wouldn't be so clouded.

choodi

Banned
Just realized that when we lose tonight we will be 8 points behind Japan and probably 3 points behind Iraq or Oman.

Salazar, give me some sort of positive about the Socceroos that will get me through the night!

Salazar

I reckon Japan will have to play through the middle quite a bit more.

Which they can probably do pretty effectively. But it is harder, and it will leave them open if we have any kind of pace going for us.

Is it raining ?

I mentioned it a few days ago..and now the papers are catching on. They put in two bids for Giroud after the first was rejected. Now just waiting for M'Vila to be official..

So far Arsenal have bought Podolski and (practically) M'Villa. They also put a bid in for Giroud and are interested in Dempsey.

Hope the Affelay rumours are true, I thought he played quite well for Holland.

choodi

Banned
No rain.

Cahill starts! Yes!

Brosque and MacKay at probably the closest thing we have to pace in the team.

What is Carneys pace like? I haven't watched him pay in a long time?

Salazar

God, some of the commentary is agonising.

"Wow, Japanese players are capable of fouling".

Australian football is laughably remote from being able to regard Japanese football as some kind of juvenile species.

Swag from Shinji. Daamn.

pappe

God, some of the commentary is agonising.

"Wow, Japanese players are capable of fouling".

Australian football is laughably remote from being able to regard Japanese football as some kind of juvenile species.

Swag from Shinji. Daamn.

Shinji could have tried his luck by taking a shot over there.

Salazar

Japan just need a clinical finisher in the box, and they'd be a powerhouse. Is Honda still at CSKA? Should be in a bigger team. Class player.

Reckon they will push ahead in the second half.

Australia's chances have largely been "AAAH what the fuck is going on" affairs.

Japan just haven't put in that composed last touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom