• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoanarch

What are the odds they get kicked out of the 1st division? After they got that trade embargo overruled, I'd be surprised if the SFA didn't come back with that punishment.

Reckon they will push ahead in the second half.

Australia's chances have largely been "AAAH what the fuck is going on" affairs.

Japan just haven't put in that composed last touch.

Do they have Havenaar he seems big and clinical.

Carbonox

This is what he'll do if they make it to the knockout stage:
T3NlR.gif

First thing that came to mind is a combiner from Transformers. Someone needs to add the transformation sound to the source video of this.

Hixx

What are the odds they get kicked out of the 1st division? After they got that trade embargo overruled, I'd be surprised if the SFA didn't come back with that punishment.

The SPL teams are voting on whether to allow them to remain in the league or not soon I think.

Carbonox

Hmm, Newcastle's bid for Anita of Ajax has been turned down. Reportedly 4m. Wonder if we return with a higher offer. Going by what Dutch GAF says, he's good enough to warrant a higher offer.

elseanio

Anyone who's been to Old Trafford: Is it worth using a park-and-ride for £10, or will I be able to find a street nearby (walking distance). It's for the Olympics next month, will need to be there from 3pm-~11pm

Clegg

Martin Lipton has just made a tit of himself.

Martin Lipton
Arsenal signing of Yann M'Vila effectively confirmed by statement from Rennes on French Stock Exchange. So that's Podolski, M'Vila and Giroud, all heading for the Emirates. If anything can persuade Robin Van Persie to stay at the club, surely these statements of intent will. Three big and important signings, which will surely please Arsene Wenger and the Arsenal fans. Major contrast to last summer when it was all about exits. Onus now on RVP to clarify his position

There is no French Stock Exchange.

Top quality reporting, Martin.

GorillaJu

Oh it was Kurihara?! Must have been a set piece then?

Fuck! Improve your live commentary you mugs!! I've still got 8 more minutes on the train!'

Equalized? Fuck!!

dc89

Apparently the CVA was structured in such a way that HMRC had to reject it.

A guy on TalkSPORT who understood the whole situation was saying that Rangers offer was to pay 8-10p in the pound of the debt. Why the hell should HMRC accept that?

If I don't pay my income tax I face the law.

Also it's the belief that if Rangers don't exist anymore the players are allowed to leave for free.

The other SPL Chairman are apparently not willing to back the SPL and keep Rangers in the top flight. They will have to start in Division 3. But the guy was saying some Chairman may allow Rangers to stay in the top flight but only if they let go of their stranglehold over the Scottish FA. He was saying the Old Firm have way too much influence.

Martin Lipton has just made a tit of himself.

There is no French Stock Exchange.

Top quality reporting, Martin.

Brilliant.

dc89

Anyone who's been to Old Trafford: Is it worth using a park-and-ride for £10, or will I be able to find a street nearby (walking distance). It's for the Olympics next month, will need to be there from 3pm-~11pm

I have been once, took my bro to Neville's testimonial.

We went in the car and parked at the stadium itself an got the tickets from the box office. So I have no idea of park and ride systems.

All I'd say is driving round there is confusing as hell because it's one way close to the stadium and getting out was time consuming cause it was busy.

So yeah, a park and ride system does sound good.

Wilbur

Banned

Where To Park
There are lots of small private car parks near to the ground, otherwise it is street parking. Peter Bennett suggests parking at Old Trafford Cricket Ground (cost £10). Try to arrive early (before 1pm) as if you arrive later, it takes ages leaving the car park after the game. Gareth Hawker adds; 'I parked at the Salford Quays Lowry Mall, a ten minute walk away from the stadium, the cost of which was £3.50. There was virtually no traffic on leaving, and the road takes you straight onto the M601 which joins up with the M62/M6. This avoids the congestion of the traffic heading South'. This car park also offers free parking for four hours if you spend £5 or more in the shopping centre and then get a store to validate your receipt/car parking ticket). There is also the MediaCityUK Multi Storey Car Park located at Salford Quays, it has 2,300 spaces and is only a ten minute walk from Old Trafford (see more details below).

From here - http://www.footballgroundguide.com/manchester_united/#Old-Trafford-Manchester-Car-Parking. More about the car park as well

Probably trying to make up for the terrible decision to send off Milligan.

Japanese defender should have got a second yellow for that deliberate handball

Just caught the game right when Australia got awarded their pen so can't comment on that. Fine effort from Australia, hit the crossbar. Japan losing their organization behind. Bad miss from Maeda there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom