• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Because he's a prick.

untitled-6ojbve.gif

So Nasri's finger on lips after scoring yesterday was aimed at the French press. Anyone know why?

Aimed at L'Equipe, the biggest sport newspaper in France because of their negative critics aimed at him earlier this year.

He tried to give it a better spin, saying it was because his mother was sick recently and was very sad about the comments she read in the press. And that he wanted to protect the whole France squad because they were unfairly judged. Long story short, he's just a classless brat and he didn't gain any respect yesterday for sure. Embarassing moment for Laurent Blanc when he had to dodge the question.

Gods this ref in the Australia vs Japan is dreadful..... Let Honda take the last free kick at least???

GorillaJu

Fcking stupid bullshit referee shit for brain cock nosed jealous pricks.

Wrf Honda put his shirt back on?? Fick this shit. Also, that was the fastest bottle of sale I've ever drunk

Well that was fun! Went to a dingy pub to watch the match, everyone stuck a quid in for first-goalscorer and player names were picked out of a hat. I got Cole.

Then we drank more and more and before I knew it I ate a cigarette butt for 25 quid. Stomach is doing flip-flops right now :lol

Oh, and I'm very happy with a draw!

Slizz

Well that was fun! Went to a dingy pub to watch the match, everyone stuck a quid in for first-goalscorer and player names were picked out of a hat. I got Cole.

Then we drank more and more and before I knew it I ate a cigarette butt for 25 quid. Stomach is doing flip-flops right now :lol

LMFAO. You sound like someone I'd want to go drinking with.

Carbonox

I'd let Wilbury goatse me for 25 quid.

choodi

Banned
Heading home from the Australia v Japan match tonight and must say I was completely surprised by the Aussies.

Definitely the best performance we have had in a long time.

Japan seemed very tentative, not a sure if they were a bit fearful of being Cahilled, but they should definitely have pressed us more.

Aussies did well pressing early and high up the pitch and really unsettled the Japanese. Losing Bresciano so early was unfortunate as he was really in good form, pretty much bossing the middle of the park.

We could easily have been 2-0 up in the first half.

Some very strange refereeing decisions which changed the game too.

Overall, I am much more confident of qualifying now than before. Aus-footyGAF, how do you feel about our chances now?

flake

Overall, I am much more confident of qualifying now than before. Aus-footyGAF, how do you feel about our chances now?

Thought it was a great performance. We'll never have the technical ability to boss a game for 90 mins, but if we play with the same energy and tenacity then hopefully we'll qualify for the WC.

----

Also, Glen Johnson forgets about the team photo before the game against france, haha.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/spot-missing-england-player-10-lined-official-photo-pre-france-euro-2012-match/

Anyone who's been to Old Trafford: Is it worth using a park-and-ride for £10, or will I be able to find a street nearby (walking distance). It's for the Olympics next month, will need to be there from 3pm-~11pm
Depends how far you're willing to walk. You probably can find somewhere to park and then walk about 15/20 minutes to the ground.

elseanio

I have been once, took my bro to Neville's testimonial.

We went in the car and parked at the stadium itself an got the tickets from the box office. So I have no idea of park and ride systems.

All I'd say is driving round there is confusing as hell because it's one way close to the stadium and getting out was time consuming cause it was busy.

So yeah, a park and ride system does sound good.

Thanks for the info. I believe the official carpark will not be available for the game, so will research the other places to park. Tenner seems a bit steep, but seems the price for convenience.

Wilbur

Banned
Thanks for the info. I believe the official carpark will not be available for the game, so will research the other places to park. Tenner seems a bit steep, but seems the price for convenience.

Last time I went I think we parked in that car park. I didn't really notice, I fell asleep in the car.

I don't even get in the photo?

Also Celtic fans rejoicing on twitter should watch megamind, a supervillain without their nemesis is nothing

Same for a biggish team in a tinpot league

Wilbur

Banned
The two on the ground are considering a defection to that milky-skinned party animal.

Nonsense, they were just told to look away while Wooden and I oiled up for the wrestling competition

I don't even get in the photo?

Also Celtic fans rejoicing on twitter should watch megamind, a supervillain without their nemesis is nothing

Same for a biggish team in a tinpot league

you can be that bald bloke in the foreground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom