• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

ibb3lUa9Ht3JnK.PNG

We should try and get Eboue to post in here. He'd fit in nee bother.

Meier

You can make it so that your assistant controls pep talks and game preparation as well as press conferences.. I always do that personally.

I would suggest starting out with an MLS team or something that's a little less intense in terms of competition and difficulty. Maybe play as a lower level team in Brazil so you can loan some talented guys for cheap and go for the achievement while you're at it.

I started with FM11 and really was able to jump in right away since the career mode is always my favorite in any sports game. You may want to search the net for recommendations on young guys (wonderkids is the terminology) that you can buy for cheap. Some of them don't pan out in every game (there's at least some level of randomness for most all players) but it gives you a good idea and it teaches you about upcoming talent from around the world which is nice. :D

Btw: My last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/meier

Quoting for the next page.. let me know if you guys have any other FM questions. I'm kind of obsessed.

Linius

I see we have a super compatibility at Last.fm Meier :)

And I'm off watching tonight's games. Rooting for Portugal will be new for me.

Meier

I posted this last month in the FM thread.. the ultimate FM 2012 player, Vaclav Kadlec. I ended up loaning him out for the remainder of the 2020-2021 season to Real Madrid and then outright selling him to Man U during summer 2021. Sorry Vaclav.. you had a good run.

2013-2014: 13 goals, 15 assists in 32(1)
2014-2015: 37 goals, 18 assists in 41(2) - World Team of the Year
2015-2016: 42 goals, 11 assists in 41(2) - World Team of the Year, Golden Boot Runner-Up
2016-2017: 53 goals, 12 assists in 52 - World Team of the Year substitute, Golden Boot
2017-2018: 37 goals, 14 assists in 49 - Golden Boot Runner-Up
2018-2019: 45 goals, 12 assists in 41 - World Team of the Year, Golden Boot
2019-2020: 20 goals, 19 assists in 26

247 goals, 101 assists in 282(5). Beastly is an understatement. :D

Have a 4* striker from my youth academy and 4* Brazilian that I've had for 6-7 years (worth $56 million now after buying for $4m) so Kadlec was squeezed out since he was getting older and down to a 3*. My 4* Brazilian, Robertinho, scored 56 for me last season to set a new record for Porto.

Meier

Sky (116 games) and BT (38 games) have got the rights to the Premier League.

£3.01bn deal.

That's surprisingly cheap comparitively speaking. Check out much ESPN is paying the NFL to get 1 game a week...

Earlier this season, the NFL and ESPN reached an eight-year extension to keep "Monday Night Football" on the cable channel through the 2021 season, increasing the rights fee from $1.1 to 1.9 billion annually.

They get a few billion annually from Fox, NBC and CBS as well.

Yeah Marcotti has Tweeted it. Before that it was Collymore and Matterface. And now Chelsea themselves.

https://twitter.com/chelseafc/statuses/212939259194245121

It had been expected he'd be retained on a 1 year deal. Looks like he got 2 though so good for him. I think he and everyone knows that he's just there until Pep wants to coach again.

LegoArmo

Nope. Scudamore said in the press conference BT's channel will be multi-platform.

I assume they're going to charge for it though, and I can't cancel ESPN because they have the UFC events. Ugh.

They say competition is good for the customer, but I really wish everything was on Sky Sports.

dc89

Interesting that BT won Package A, that gives them 18 of 38 first-choice picks, so the Manchester derby etc. could be on their TV platform.

dc89

Based on new @premierleague tv deal, team that comes bottom in 2013-14 could receive £65M+ - more than City got for title win

FUUUUUUUUU

Rob Harris on Twitter

Hixx

Wonder what the big teams are getting then.

You'd be looking at £100m surely...

However this will just mean higher wages for players. Ticket prices will continue to rise as well as Sky Sports prices already being confirmed to rise in September.

It's great following football...

edit: shit BT got the saturday dinner time kick offs. Always enjoy watching the first half when getting ready :(

elseanio

Might just cancel the sky and stream everything, or go the pub. Get espn for free, so wasn't a problem. No way I'm gonna get charged more for sky sports and pay out for this bt channel aswell.

TrueBlue

Happy to see RDM get the hotseat, though I am surprised it's for two years. Will be interesting to see if he can bring continued success while keeping Roman on side.

dc89

Wonder what the big teams are getting then.

Not a clue but it's usually a extra £750,000 per place! But seriously now, if the team which finishes bottom gets £65m are people still doubting the likes of City and Chelsea passing FFP.

Yen

Not a clue but it's usually a extra £750,000 per place! But seriously now, if the team which finishes bottom gets £65m are people still doubting the likes of City and Chelsea passing FFP.

The "big" clubs will just spend their extra £20m-£30m paying massive wages or buying expensive players.

Clegg

Is it just me or has Ronaldo been extra shit so far?

Nani has played pretty well imo.

Get him to sign that contract extension ffs.

Is it just me or has Ronaldo been extra shit so far?

Nani has played pretty well imo.

Get him to sign that contract extension ffs.

It's interesting to watch, because Ronaldo is not the leader of that team. I think Nani should have the armband. Ronaldo isolates himself on an island. He doesn't even look very happy when his teammates score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom