• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

You've got a point though, he was woeful. Phantom's a bit of a Madrid fanboy, he's the only one arguing really

Ronaldo isn't always bad against the big teams, just inconsistent.

But I can't help but think that he has more bad games than good against the big teams, while playing for Madrid.

I don't think he was this inconsistent when he was with United.

Slizz

http://euro2012girls.com/

Bookmark, unzip pants, enjoy.

Gracias.

Is this the Russian in question?

EJ60i.jpg

Saw the .gif in the Euro thread, not better than the Dane.

This the Irish one?

gOI5X.jpg

I remember her .gif as well. Tied with the Dane.

Almost Impossible. I need to go backpacking in Europe.

I'd love to do that, and wish I had three+ years ago. But if I do it now, it is with a partner. I'm tied to a woman.

Another question about FM: Can I get a break-down as for what attributes determine how well a player performs for each position? I hate that there is no overall ranking even if I understand why.

I'd love to do that, and wish I had three+ years ago. But if I do it now, it is with a partner. I'm tied to a woman.

Another question about FM: Can I get a break-down as for what attributes determine how well a player performs for each position? I hate that there is no overall ranking even if I understand why.

You can click somewhere and I think it highlights the important attributes. Not to sound patronising, but it's mostly common sense. It depend what role you want them to play as well. For example, if you're playing with wing-backs then pace, dribbling and crossing would be more important. Or a defensive midfielder would require more strength, tackling and positioning than a deep-lying playmaker (creativity, passing, etc..).

Edit: I think it's in the tactics section somewhere. If you click on a position and choose one of the tabs on the left hand side it should come up. I'll check now.

Yeah, it's tactics and then player instructions. It highlights the important ones for each position (which you can choose to view from the drop down menu).

You can click somewhere and I think it highlights the important attributes. Not to sound patronising, but it's mostly common sense. It depend what role you want them to play as well. For example, if you're playing with wing-backs then pace, dribbling and crossing would be more important. Or a defensive midfielder would require more strength, tackling and positioning than a deep-lying playmaker (creativity, passing, etc..).

I do understand that a lot of it is common sense, but there are a lot of attributes man!! Plus, which ones are easier to increase and which ones are more likely to be set in stone? Which ones can you train to improve? I'm safe in assuming the attributes have characteristics like that right?

I do understand that a lot of it is common sense, but there are a lot of attributes man!! Plus, which ones are easier to increase and which ones are more likely to be set in stone? Which ones can you train to improve? I'm safe in assuming the attributes have characteristics like that right?

You can train to improve most of them. Some of the mental stats I think you need to use tutoring for, but I'm not 100% on that. Physical stats are much harder to increase when they get older. Technical stats are a bit easier I think. You can tailor your training schedules to get players to improve in the 'right' areas, but that's a little complicated if you've just started playing. It's easier just to go to the training tab for that player and set an individual training focus for him, i.e. quickness if they could do with a boost in pace and acceleration.

Meier

There is some sort of cheat program that I think tells you what every guy will ultimately end up with or something.. I've never used it personally.

Ultimately, you want to try and get a scout who has as high of Judging Potential as possible and rely on him (hopefully many "hims") to find you talent. I like to have 1 permanent coach as well that I can accept is not as good at training if he has a 20 in JP so I can get a real idea of where the player may end up after I've signed him. Andres (I think) Seabra is one I've had for awhile in my save but he may not be in a standard save since I manage in Portugal and he's Portuguese himself.

It's all a bit of a crap shoot really though -- some guys turn out to be as good as your scouts expect and some flame out. To get the best out of your training, you want to focus on MDD for your coaches - Motivation, Determination and Discipline. A coach can have 20 attacking but only be a 4* coach but if he has high MDD he may get you 5* training with 15-16 attacking.

Clegg

Go to your squad list of players then click on the name of the player you want to view.

You'll be brought to his profile page where you'll see the table of all his stats. Under the table there will a clickable icon. I think it says view player attributes.

You'll then be able to pick from a drop down table. You'll have 3 options , defence, midfield, attacking. Click one of these and you'll then be shown all the possible roles associated with the position.

So say you pick an attacking position. You'll then be shown all the roles associated with that position. Say you click on trequartista. The attributes table will then highlight the attributes most vital for a trequartista.

I hope I've explained that alright.

Yeah, as Meier said there's a certain limit to how good players can become (it's a number /200 which you can't see). For young players this is slightly different in everyone's game.

Meier

I've been running a 4-4-2 but occasionally I'll do a 4-1-2-1-2 (4-4-2 Diamond).. obviously it's going to make a difference how your squad is made up. For a little while I was running a 4-3-3 and doing quite well with it since my strikers were all world class.

I've found that most of the best strikers in the game work best as poachers -- under your coach report, they'll typically let you know which type of forward they're best operating as. I run with a Poacher and a Complete Forward who operates in a support role. He has unbelievable stats so CF seems to work well.

I have only ever played it by myself.. I assume the network play works like an asymmetric iPhone game? I'd hate having to wait my turn. :(

No you play at the same time and you can set your games to be at the same time (within reason). You just have to wait for the other person to press continue, or shout at them on Skype until they do!

We tried a GAF network game once. It took like 5hours to progress a week :lol

Yeah you probably shouldn't do it with more than 2-3 players!

Arnie

Football Manager network games took literally 28 hours of my life since last Thursday. Which is horrendous. Luckily we've all gone home for a bit so I expect the addiction to regress for a while.

bjaelke

It was free for us beta testers. Was a hassle getting decent players if you weren't ready at very moment a game world was opened.

It was free for us beta testers. Was a hassle getting decent players if you weren't ready at very moment a game world was opened.

Sounds like the problem I experienced this morning when trying one of those browser based managers. I logged on to see a gutted Arsenal team with no defenders, but had Ronaldo, Messi, Hulk, Lavezzi, Ozil, Gotze, Alves, and Neuer instead. He used all of his players as trading tips and stacked his attack. So much for realism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom