• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

tumblr_m5d6l4xyej1qdcnbej2.gif

Going to be a hero.

Arnie

tumblr_m5d6l4xyej1qdcnbej2.gif

Going to be a hero.

Sometimes your gifs exude 'cute', and sometimes they exude a different four letter word beginning with C. Perhaps it's the context or perhaps it's because I'm hungry. Either way I'm going to buy a pasty and try to get over Jeff being banned.

Clegg

It looks like United got fed up waiting for their IPO to be approved on the Singapore Stock Exchange.

They're looking to the US market now.

Mac_Lane

Apparently, Silvio Berlusconi himself confirmed that Milan is selling Thiago Silva to PSG.

Said he could not refuse the 46 million euros Paris offered.

I'm truly delighted that we are now able to sign world class players such as Silva. Can't wait for next season's CL !

Wilbur

Banned
Apparently, Silvio Berlusconi himself confirmed that Milan is selling Thiago Silva to PSG.

I'm truly delighted that we are now able to sign world class players such as Silva. Can't wait for next season's CL !

Also your kits are beautiful

Arnie

Do you not feel it's a wee bit pointless considering the relative strength of those you'll be facing each week?

I'd love it if Ligue 1 became this ultra competitive competition that rivalled the likes of England, Italy and Germany; but realistically that isn't going to happen with Montpellier and Lille selling their best players.

This influx of ridiculous spending, despite helping you have a good run in the Champions League, runs the risk of turning France into Scotland: a one club competition.
So, these two initialisms:

PSG

FFP

Do they work together?

No, but the initialisms 'FFP' and 'LOL' do.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sneijder: "It is time we let these pathetic egos go, If somebody is creating a mess, I will stand up against them now.

"We don't need a psychologist with the Dutch team, we are grown-up men. The ones who have a problem with other players or the manager should tell them face-to-face. That is the only psychology we need.

"We have to stop living on little islands. We must all go for the same goal, be united or face the consequences."

21814379414847680_44lG4vUc.jpg

Lets hope it happens again.
:(

Mac_Lane

Do you not feel it's a wee bit pointless considering the relative strength of those you'll be facing each week?

I'd love it if Ligue 1 became this ultra competitive competition that rivalled the likes of England, Italy and Germany; but realistically that isn't going to happen with Montpellier and Lille selling their best players.

This influx of ridiculous spending, despite helping you have a good run in the Champions League, runs the risk of turning France into Scotland: a one club competition.

No, but the initialisms 'FFP' and 'LOL' do.

That is an important risk. Our competitors simply do not have the financial means. Lyon and Marseille are reducing their budgets and might have to sell some of their top players to stay afloat (we have a very tight regulation regarding debts and deficits).

However, signing top players such as Lavezzi and Silva may strenghthen the attractivity of the Ligue 1 as a whole.

Plus, many clubs are building stadiums in the prospect of the Euro 2016. Stadiums that will truly be their own (as well as the revenues that go with them), as opposed to the current State or city-owned ones.

I need a beginner's mode for FM. There is so much you can do in that game that I get wrapped up in everything and lose interest because time stands still. I need everything but transfers and team sheets disabled for my first real run through so I can actually play the damn game.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sneijder: "It is time we let these pathetic egos go, If somebody is creating a mess, I will stand up against them now.

"We don't need a psychologist with the Dutch team, we are grown-up men. The ones who have a problem with other players or the manager should tell them face-to-face. That is the only psychology we need.

"We have to stop living on little islands. We must all go for the same goal, be united or face the consequences."

122058_news.jpg

Arnie

That is an important risk. Our competitors simply do not have the financial means. Lyon and Marseille are reducing their budgets and might have to sell some of their top players to stay afloat (we have a very tight regulation regarding debts and deficits).

However, signing top players such as Lavezzi and Silva may strenghthen the attractivity of the Ligue 1 as a whole.

Plus, many clubs are building stadiums in the prospect of the Euro 2016. Stadiums that will truly be their own (as well as the revenues that go with them), as opposed to the current State or city-owned ones.
Very good points, didn't think about the stadiums. I suppose you're right, better players attract better players, and if teams can build their own grounds which are owned by the club then that's a huge step forward for the league.
Oh you guys.

So.. 77 Million for Aquilani?
I wish. I'm resigned to losing him and it won't be for more than £5 million.

The guy's just had it with England.

Messi

I need a beginner's mode for FM. There is so much you can do in that game that I get wrapped up in everything and lose interest because time stands still. I need everything but transfers and team sheets disabled for my first real run through so I can actually play the damn game.

THIS, SO many emails.

Premier League clearly not fans of Portugal or Denmark. Presser for announcement of domestic TV rights called for 5pm. #EPL

Packages on offer:

Package A: 26 at Sat 12.45pm
- 13 1st picks
- 13 4th picks

Package B: 16-18 at Sat 5.30pm; 6-7 at Sun 12pm or 1.30pm/2.05pm; 2-3 Bank hols
- 22 3rd picks
- 4 5th picks

Package C: 26 at Sun 1.30pm/2.05pm
- 13 2nd picks
- 13 3rd picks

Package D: 26 at Sun 4pm/4.10pm
- 20 1st picks
- 6 4th picks

Package E: 18-22 at Mon 8pm; 4-8 at Sun 4pm/4.10pm or Sat 12.45pm
- 12 2nd picks
- 10 4th picks
- 4 5th picks

Package F: 12 at Sat 5.30pm
- 8 2nd picks
- 4 4th picks

Package G: 10 Midweek and Bank hols; 2 at Sat 12.45pm
- 5 1st picks
- 5 2nd picks
- 2 5th picks

Club Quotas (in alphabetical package order):
Maximum: 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 2, 2 (Total = 28)
Minimum: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0 (Total = 5)

Pick totals:
- 38 1st picks
- 38 2nd picks
- 35 3rd picks
- 33 4th picks
- 10 5th picks

Salazar

Fans in Kiev are advised to be aware of a street scam where a cash filled wallet is dropped in front of you, basically don't pick it up

Not so much a scam as a pretext to batter someone.

Edit: lol at dc scandalised by exorbitant spending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom