• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Simon Clancy ‏@SiClancy
Disappointing news that Rafa (Benitez) won't be joining us on 5 Live tomorrow night as our studio guest. Was hoping to say hello. Something came up.

5live producer.

elsk

Banned
GUYZ GUYZ
GOMEZ TOTALLY SUCKS!
WORST STRIKER EVER.

I will wait until you guys face Italy or Spain. Lets see how he does against teams that actually know how to defend.

edit: Cristiano saying that Messi was already eliminated with Argentina at this point in the Copa América. And in his own country.

I'm pretty sure they were eliminated in Quarterfinals

Fry

I will wait until you guys face Italy or Spain. Lets see how he does against teams that actually know how to defend.

This is the group of death and you're still waiting for him to score against better opponents?

It's not like Spain or Italy have great defenders. Only Pique and Chiellini are god-tier.

Wilbur

Banned
you mean like stuttgart?

He done well with them, sure. But the thing about Gomez is that a lot of play goes right to him and he's out of the game a lot. He's very like Hernandez for me (obviously better), but he's never in a game until he scores. It's a great trait to have but he's certainly not a fantastic player, just a fantastic goalscorer

spidye

He done well with them, sure. But the thing about Gomez is that a lot of play goes right to him and he's out of the game a lot. He's very like Hernandez for me (obviously better), but he's never in a game until he scores. It's a great trait to have but he's certainly not a fantastic player, just a fantastic goalscorer

well, but that's his style. he's an old fashioned striker. he needs other players to play the ball to him and he does what he does best. scoring goals.
I don't understand why so many people pick on him when he continunenly scores goals for his team.

Wilbur

Banned
well, but that's his style. he's an old fashioned striker. he needs other players to play the ball to him and he does what he does best. scoring goals.
I don't understand why so many people pick on him when he continunenly scores goals for his team.

I guess it's just the high profile games, for instance the CL final which a lot of casual viewers watch he was shit. So that's what a lot of people will know.

I think he's a great finisher but I'd pick a lot of strikers over him

Besides David Villa, who would you pick over him?
Rooney, Aguero, Tevez (on ability alone this is) and maybe Eto'o (I haven't seen him play for a while now..) and Cavani cos I have a crush on him.

Gomez is brilliant of course. Just if I was picking one player, I'd like somebody who can do something more than stick it in the net. At that alone though, Gomez is amazing.

Wilbur

Banned
Rooney, Aguero, Tevez (on ability alone this is) and maybe Eto'o (I haven't seen him play for a while now..) and Cavani cos I have a crush on him.

Gomez is brilliant of course. Just if I was picking one player, I'd like somebody who can do something more than stick it in the net. At that alone though, Gomez is amazing.

Yeah this is the point I'm making

dc89

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_euro12chick6.gif

Ah, forgot him, good shout.

Wow at the new PL deal, amazing. Much greater cost for the fans though. I stream everything, I have a pass to one of those awesome sites which stream everything and often in HD. Every sport I want to watch is on there, perfecto.

Nani was good today. Very worried we will lose him.

K1LLER7

Wow at the new PL deal, amazing. Much greater cost for the fans though. I stream everything, I have a pass to one of those awesome sites which stream everything and often in HD. Every sport I want to watch is on there, perfecto.

What's the site if you don't mind me asking?

And hope we don't lose him. 25-30m if he does go.

Wilbur

Banned

How much are one of those passes? Sky is disgustingly expensive at times.

And yeah Nani was good, he's played the fuck out of Ronaldo so far.

Fry

Rooney, Cavani, Drogba (ignore age), Aguero, Benzema, Cleverley. Off the top of my head.

Benitez would be a weird move. Dunno if it would work.

Meh. Gomez scored more goals in the Bundesliga + Champions League in the past two seasons, more than any of the players you mentioned.
And most of the ones you mentioned are penalty takers. Gomez must've taken 1 or 2 last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom