• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumhead

Banned
I know Germany are a quality side but the Dutch are absolutely abject. They've got absolutely nothing about them. An attack of Van Persie, Sneijder and Robben is totally void of creativity or ideas. Unbelievable.

Wouldn't surprise me if this ends up 3 or 4 nil.

Wes

venison crêpe
I'd make all three substitutions at the half.

Van der Vaart for Van Bommel
Huntelaar for Affellay, RvP moved to wide left.
Cardboard cutout for the Left Back.

Wilbur

Banned
I know Germany are a quality side but the Dutch are absolutely abject. They've got absolutely nothing about them. An attack of Van Persie, Sjneider and Robben is totally void of creativity or ideas. Unbelievable.

Wouldn't surprise me if this ends up 3 or 4 nil.

Robben is so fucking one dimensional it's unreal. Willems is getting torn apart.

And somehow Alan Shearer is speaking sense for once

dc89

bc0b20ecb53d11e19894123138140d8c_7.jpg

1 month ago to the day.

:D

Their LB is the youngest player ever to play in a Euros, he got skinned all night long. Poor kid. You can tell he's got zero experience at this level.

The Netherlands have been terrible going forward, no run, no creativity. Germany have been pretty bad themselves but Gomez is on fire right now.

Meier

Wait, he said Boateng hasn't scored for like his last 4 clubs or Germany?!

Code:
2006–2007	Hertha BSC II	25	(1)
2007	        Hertha BSC	10	(0)
2007–2010	Hamburger SV	75	(0)
2010–2011	Manchester City	16	(0)
2011–	        Bayern Munich	27	(0)

2004–2005	Germany U17	4	(1)
2005–2007	Germany U19	17	(2)
2007–2009	Germany U21	15	(1)
2009–	        Germany	        23	(0)
That's kind of amazing. Usually a defender finds a way to get at least 1 goal every season or two..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jérôme_Agyenim_Boateng

bjaelke

Gavin Hamilton ‏@WorldSoccerEd
Strange tournament for Arsenal fans. Goals for Nasri, Fabregas, Bendtner, form of Arshavin, Van Persie's misses, Szczesny's red card

Fry

Guy's only 23 though.

And if he grows older and gets better at defending and still doesn't score goals, I think I'll be fine. :)

Fintan

Set up a Paddy Power account. So far I've bet on Holland to win on a live bet and a Brazilian women's game. I'll be raking it in in no time.

elsk

Banned
Most defenders nab a goal from corners.

Boateng is usually the guy in the center of the midfield to defend if a counter comes after a corner, because he's fast. Badstuber is the one trying to get a header on corners.

And that's like saying "Hey, you know that guy Messi? Yeah, it's amazing he doesn't tackle well!"

While it is kind of surprising that he hasn't scored in a really long time, that stat is pretty trivial.

Question about FM12, where do I go to make my Asst Manager do stuff?

Meier

Boateng is usually the guy in the center of the midfield to defend if a counter comes after a corner, because he's fast. Badstuber is the one trying to get a header on corners.

And that's like saying "Hey, you know that guy Messi? Yeah, it's amazing he doesn't tackle well!"

It is absolutely NOTHING like that.

And for what it's worth, Boateng played literally over 100 games at places other than Bayern without scoring a goal so your very specific example is pointless. For a defender to literally never score a single goal in top flight football off a corner in 6 seasons is quite unusual. It's obviously not going to affect his playing time or anything of that nature, but yes, it's unquestionably uncommon and to say otherwise makes one look like a fool.

I don't mind answering questions.

I had the same problems when I started playing FM.

I'm hoping that my fervor for FIFA dies down and I can become addicted to FM instead. Although the fact that you can reload old saves is always a tempting option. I'm pretty good at preventing myself from doing that though.

elsk

Banned
It is absolutely NOTHING like that.

And for what it's worth, Boateng played literally over 100 games at places other than Bayern without scoring a goal so your very specific example is pointless. For a defender to literally never score a single goal in top flight football off a corner in 6 seasons is quite unusual. It's obviously not going to affect his playing time or anything of that nature, but yes, it's unquestionably uncommon and to say otherwise makes one look like a fool.

hahaha, ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom