• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Meh. Gomez scored more goals in the Bundesliga + Champions League in the past two seasons, more than any of the players you mentioned.
And most of the ones you mentioned are penalty takers. Gomez must've taken 1 or 2 last season.

My point is he's just a goal scorer and I'd rather have them because they contribute more to team play

What's the site if you don't mind me asking?

And hope we don't lose him. 25-30m if he does go.

How much are one of those passes? Sky is disgustingly expensive at times.

And yeah Nani was good, he's played the fuck out of Ronaldo so far.
KILLER7, check your PM.

It's £6 for 2 months. I've done this up until now because I was hesitant paying for a year incase it wasn't reliable. I can think of maybe one or two occasions when it failed me throughout the year and I wasn't able to watch an event I wanted to (never failed in regards to football) and I watch almost all the main Football, F1, Boxing, UFC, Golf, Tennis and Cricket events. So yeah, pretty good. Annual pass is £28. HD streams. Less than you pay for a month of Sky Sports. Can watch on iPad and on all Android devices. Basically, amazing.

dc89

The new PL rights is insane when you think about it, especially when you factor in the other revenue streams top clubs get.

2014 season could be like this;

£70m p/y - PL rights
£40m p/y - Etihad
£30m+p/y - Champions Leauge
£12m p/y - Nike

FFP - we'll piss it.

Imagine what the CL rights are going to fetch the next time they are up for negotiation?!

KILLER7, check your PM.

It's £6 for 2 months. I've done this up until now because I was hesitant paying for a year incase it wasn't reliable. I can think of maybe one or two occasions when it failed me throughout the year and I wasn't able to watch an event I wanted to (never failed in regards to football) and I watch almost all the main Football, F1, Boxing, UFC, Golf, Tennis and Cricket events. So yeah, pretty good. Annual pass is £28. HD streams. Less than you pay for a month of Sky Sports. Can watch on iPad and on all Android devices. Basically, amazing.

PM PLZ

dc89

SSN yellow ticker: Redknapp to leave Tottenham.

Benitez has also cancelled his TV for appearance for tomorrow apparently. Benitez to Spurs.

Yen

The new PL rights is insane when you think about it, especially when you factor in the other revenue streams top clubs get.

2014 season could be like this;

£70m p/y - PL rights
£40m p/y - Etihad
£30m+p/y - Champions Leauge
£12m p/y - Nike

FFP - we'll piss it.

Imagine what the CL rights are going to fetch the next time they are up for negotiation?!

That doesn't even cover your wages most likely.

dc89

dc: first with the city news, last with the rest

To busy finding GIF's of Euro chicks and City PR.

God, Spurs could be cherry picked now for their top players. Didn't a few say they were there mainly cause of 'Arry?!

Edit: Hit me up with this PM guyz!

Clegg

Pipe Dream:

Moyes signs for Spurs

United sign Baines and Fellaini from a managerless Everton for half the original price.

Zabojnik

I know it's easy to say now, but out of all the strikers rumored to be our transfer targets, RVP is the one I like the least. I think I'd even take Damiao over him. Crazy, I know.

Fry

My point is he's just a goal scorer and I'd rather have them because they contribute more to team play

Even though they don't score as much?
If you have a good enough team behind the striker, you don't need him to be a well-rounded one, you just need a lethal goalscorer.

'Complete' strikers are overrated, look at RvP, he doesn't have the Holland team built around him, and he sucked more than Bendtner in this competition.

K1LLER7

KILLER7, check your PM.

seems like theres no registration available though, keep getting "404 not found". Have to check back later.

Hixx whats FSS? pm link please.

Wilbur

Banned
Even though they don't score as much?
If you have a good enough team behind the striker, you don't need him to be a well-rounded one, you just need a lethal goalscorer.

'Complete' strikers are overrated, look at RvP, he doesn't have the Holland team built around him, and he sucked more than Bendtner in this competition.

How are complete strikers 'overrated' haha?! I think this is just you fighting Gomez's corner.

p2MRG.jpg

Still hasn't learnt to keep his pants up. Will probably get fined now for advertising.
KuGsj.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Because they don't score as much as the supposed 'poachers only'?

But they contribute more to play and set up goals and take part in them. For instance, Lewandowski scored less, set up more and ended up in a winning team. Aguero and Rooney take part in a lot of goals directly and indirectly. I'd just rather have them. Gomez scores a lot but if his providers are having an offday he won't conjure something up by himself

K1LLER7

Because they don't score as much as the supposed 'poachers only'?

He's a good goalscorer and thats what he's in the team to do pretty much. They don't expect him to drop deep and set players up. It helps that he's got top quality players assisting him for both club and country. Would love to see how Falcao would do if he was at a top team.

Why would Moyes even consider Spurs? Everton are a team on the up where as Spurs are on the way down after missing out on CL and having clubs come in for their big players etc etc

Have PM'ed all of you guys (I think!). Site is currently not accepting new members but I think it will be soon, anyhow, whenever they do I will let you guys know but keep checking back.

It's worth it.

Wilbur

Banned
Have PM'ed all of you guys (I think!). Site is currently not accepting new members but I think it will be soon, anyhow, whenever they do I will let you guys know but keep checking back.

It's worth it.

Thanks baby.

Don't think Moyes or Benitez are right for Spurs. Considering the speed of some of their players, AVB would be better if they can keep Modric and Bale

Fry

But they contribute more to play and set up goals and take part in them. For instance, Lewandowski scored less, set up more and ended up in a winning team. Aguero and Rooney take part in a lot of goals directly and indirectly. I'd just rather have them. Gomez scores a lot but if his providers are having an offday he won't conjure something up by himself

We gotta agree on something, strikers related....

Do you also think Fernando Torres is hotter than Fernando Llorente?

K1LLER7

Thanks Viva and Hixx :D

Harry could've got the England job and now he hasn't got either. Maybe he should work for sky and try and be a source for transfers. Or even better have the Redknapp pundit show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom