• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Hahahahaha. Just kidding, I understand you, I wouldn't be able to support USA even if I lived there...
Are you guys playing Costa Rica at San José or at México next?
San José first, then the Azteca. Crazy CONCACAF scheduling. I think we shouldn't have too many problems with them, Cuscatlán was always gonna be the biggest hurdle.

elsk

Banned
San José first, then the Azteca. Crazy CONCACAF scheduling. I think we shouldn't have too many problems with them, Cuscatlán was always gonna be the biggest hurdle.

Yes, I don't know what's wrong with Costa Rica NT really... they have a lot of quality and they invest a lot of money in football (unlike Honduras) and still they fail to defeat any direct rival (Honduras, México, USA) or even smaller sides like El Salvador.

It's like they don't believe in themselves. I think you'll notice Joel Campbell at least in the match at San José, that kid is going to be huge in a few years.

rodvik

Harry? Gone? Bloody hell. How does Spurs GAF feel about this?

From challenging for CL and banged on the the England job to being assisted out of the door?

Amazing.

neoanarch

Why am I excited for the new Liga MX. Its just Hugol, La Volpe, Van't Schip and the shuffle.

Moyes being linked to Spurs right away has surely quelled any concerns Spurs supporters had about the sacking.

elsk

Banned
701542255-sexy-fans-teilnehmer.9.jpg

Soi-Fong

Anybody see this?

It shows Kagawa in his 10/11 season for Dortmund and his Cerezo Osaka days as well. Pretty interesting to watch how's he's changed.

It seems like he's maybe (lost?) a bit of flair from the dribbles and such that he tried in his time in Cerezo Osaka, but that may be just because he matured in not trying to take on whole defenses and constantly losing the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMY0up6ZKs

Edit: 1:37 to 1:44 for example, I've never seen him try anything crazy like that in the 11/12 season.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
How was Coloccini for Newcastle last season? I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a call up for Argentina.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Moyes being linked to Spurs right away has surely quelled any concerns Spurs supporters had about the sacking.

Sort of. I think we saw in the second half of the season that Moyes can get some nice football going when he has the right players to pick from, that was my only major worry. His teams are always hard to beat as well, sometimes Spurs can get a little too leaky.

Pienaar might actually get a look in if Moyes came as well, he showed his class this season. Really with the players we've got its hard to see Moyes getting worse results than Harry, it's just hard to see him getting better results than Chelsea et al. By no means impossible though.

choodi

Banned
How was Coloccini for Newcastle last season? I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a call up for Argentina.

Not as surprised as most Newcastle fans.

He could only be described as immense for us for the whole season. Probably one of the biggest injustices as far as national team selections goes.

A new shirt appears:

F2nXM.jpg

No idea what it's supposed to be, CL shirt maybe? Looks certainly real to me with the second star sticked on the side.

Would buy with symmetrical stars.

We're meeting with Verratti's agent today as well!

I can't view the pics but I assume it's this?

13Leak4.jpg

Au4OC7dCAAEPazX.png

13Leak5.jpg

13Leak5details.jpg

Yup, Jeep is going to be a sticker it seems. But at least it's in black and white!

The sticker will completely RUIN the black jersey :(

edit: Unless Jeep is in white?

Neat.

PaulLFC

Really not sure how I feel about BT getting the Premier League rights. Right now I don't think it's a good thing, but that could change depending on how they choose to price it etc.

At least with Sky and ESPN you had the other sport ESPN offers if you were interested in it - more football, MLB, NHL, UFC, Rugby etc. What other rights will BT have? ESPN and Sky seem to share the vast majority of them now, so what's left for BT to fill out this channel with?

Yet again it's more subscription fees for customers, especially if they like other sports and will need Sky, ESPN and BT now. The EU messed things up with the "anti competitive" ruling. All it did was ensure we end up paying more than we were previously.

Apparently BT get the best choice of games though with the combination of packages they've bought, so they get first picks on the final day. I doubt Sky are happy about that!

operon

Really not sure how I feel about BT getting the Premier League rights. Right now I don't think it's a good thing, but that could change depending on how they choose to price it etc.

At least with Sky and ESPN you had the other sport ESPN offers if you were interested in it - more football, MLB, NHL, UFC, Rugby etc. What other rights will BT have? ESPN and Sky seem to share the vast majority of them now, so what's left for BT to fill out this channel with?

Yet again it's more subscription fees for customers, especially if they like other sports and will need Sky, ESPN and BT now. The EU messed things up with the "anti competitive" ruling. All it did was ensure we end up paying more than we were previously.

Apparently BT get the best choice of games though with the combination of packages they've bought, so they get first picks on the final day. I doubt Sky are happy about that!

There going to have a football only channel from what the pr is telling us, they're going to lever their fibre network to save them a bundle on the transmission costs

Not sure if this has been posted but apparently PSG wants Andy Carroll if the T.Silva and Ibra deal fails. They offering £20 mil for him. I believe Carlo was a fan of Andy when he was manager at Chelsea and was trying to buy him.

GorillaJu

Not sure if this has been posted but apparently PSG wants Andy Carroll if the T.Silva and Ibra deal fails. They offering £20 mil for him. I believe Carlo was a fan of Andy when he was manager at Chelsea and was trying to buy him.

That simply has to be false.

If its true they better stump up some major cash for Britain's premier striker. 20m? Meh.

dc89

#England Lineup - Manc, Scally, Legend, Manc, Ash, Manc, Captain Scally, WW2 Pilot, Oxide and Neutrino, Lewis Hamilton, The Fresh Prince.

Just saw that on Twitter from Monday. It made me laugh.

JT Twitter.

Wes

venison crêpe
Whoever mentioned Silk in this thread a few days back I've got a right mind to give you a jab to the noggin.

Now I'm hooked.

dc89

I don't know if it's already been mentioned but Redknapp has told the BBC he believes he'd still have been sacked even if they finished 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom