• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Also thank you based City for your wonderful website. I can download the fixture list straight to my iCal and if fixtures change it will automatically update.

6608_eb95.gif

Carbonox

Whoever comes up with these fixtures needs a punch in the teeth.

Spurs then Chelsea at the beginning of the season? Another bullshit Christmas period with Man Utd, Arsenal and Everton in the space of a week? Go fuck yourself.

I see other teams are shafted too, especially during the Christmas period. Fucking stupid.

Whoever comes up with these fixtures needs a punch in the teeth.

Spurs then Chelsea at the beginning of the season? Another bullshit Christmas period with Man Utd, Arsenal and Everton in the space of a week? Go fuck yourself.

I see other teams are shafted too, especially during the Christmas period. Fucking stupid.

I agree

draperpunchg0883.gif

It's done by a computer though.

Hixx

Motherfucking shit this fuck. our fixtures in december suck.

Saturday 8 December Chelsea H

Tue 11/Wed 12 December Capital One Cup Rd. 5 Saturday 15 December Manchester United A

Saturday 22 December Southampton A

Wednesday 26 December Manchester City H

Saturday 29 December Tottenham Hotspur H

Fucking computers.

Greg Stobart says we want make Laurent Blanc our new manager. Backed him at 33/1 so fingers crossed!

edit: dc posted something not related to City!

Linius

So, I take it most supporters of English clubs are angry with the schedules. Some weeks a go they announced the firt version of the Eredivisie schedule (will change because of WC Qualification/CL fixtures/EL fixtures) but I was really content with it. Ajax played almost all of it's matches at our traditional sunday. And most of them at 2:30 PM, a timeslot at which Ajax seems to be doing best.

Ushojax

The only worry with Blanc becoming Spurs manager would be the 'race quota' fiasco that englufed the FFF. Assou-Ekotto was quite outspoken about it:

Blanc has suffered in the affair, although he has been cleared by an inquiry of supporting discriminatory practices. Bassong said that Blanc had been "touched really badly" but Assou-Ekotto went further.

"The thing is that Blanc was at the meeting and it raised certain subject matter, to which he contributed," Assou-Ekotto said. "If Laurent Blanc were black, do you really think he'd have sat there and gone 'They are doing quotas for the national team. OK, cool?"

I know Blanc was cleared of any wrong doing by the FFF
lol
but I bet BAE would hold it against him.

Ushojax

You happy with AVB if you get him?

No. The man is a dick and whatever his remit from Roman, he handled the phasing-out of the older players in the worst possible way. To sack Harry for some upstart Chelsea reject would be embarrassing.

elseanio

So, I take it most supporters of English clubs are angry with the schedules. Some weeks a go they announced the firt version of the Eredivisie schedule (will change because of WC Qualification/CL fixtures/EL fixtures) but I was really content with it. Ajax played almost all of it's matches at our traditional sunday. And most of them at 2:30 PM, a timeslot at which Ajax seems to be doing best.

Fixture times will be all over the place. Hardly ever get a Saturday 3pm kick off any more. Also, they get rescheduled a couple weeks before the game to accommodate the TV schedule. Always a bugger trying to get the right day off work.. Must be worse if you need to travel

dc89

I have a feeling Spurs will get David Moyes.

I just think he's at the stage in his career now where he needs to make a move to another club which can challenge at the top. Because if he doesn't now, I can't see him doing in the future.

I have a feeling Spurs will get David Moyes.

I just think he's at the stage in his career now where he needs to make a move to another club which can challenge at the top. Because if he doesn't now, I can't see him doing in the future.

That's a reason for him to want us, not for us to want him.

dc89

Isn't Moyes waiting for the United hot seat though?

Can he just walk into a club like United though?

That's a reason for him to want us, not for us to want him.

They were saying on the radio yesterday that Levy is becoming more concerned over the wage bill and he wants to start using more of the talent coming through the ranks at Spurs. Moyes is a manager who can work on a lesser budget.

He would be good at Spurs.

Ushojax

They were saying on the radio yesterday that Levy is becoming more concerned over the wage bill and he wants to start using more of the talent coming through the ranks at Spurs. Moyes is a manager who can work on a lesser budget.

I think the younger players are good enough for them to be involved anyway, players like Caulker, Livermore, Townsend and Kane have had good seasons. I like Moyes and he wouldn't do a bad job but Levy seems set on a more contintental structure.

Wilbur

Banned
No. The man is a dick and whatever his remit from Roman, he handled the phasing-out of the older players in the worst possible way. To sack Harry for some upstart Chelsea reject would be embarrassing.

Loving that a quadruple unbeaten winner with Porto is just a Chelsea reject.

Tough start for us.

He would be good at Spurs.

I've not heard that, and I don't see any reason to be concerned with the wage bill, so I'd be interested to know who said it. It was reported that Levy isn't a big fan of David Moyes anyway.

Ushojax

Loving that a quadruple unbeaten winner with Porto is just a Chelsea reject.

Eh, managing in such a poor league and doing well when you have Falcao in your team is nothing special. I'm sure AVB has talent, I just don't think it's appropriate to appoint someone so inexperienced at such a crucial time in Spurs' development as a club. When you are winning or drawing every week like he was at Porto and the rest of the teams are floundering, it's easy to keep things ticking over. When you are in a 7 way PL top 4 slug-fest where teams are dropping points every single week it's a lot harder, and I don't think he's ready for that.

dc89

I think the younger players are good enough for them to be involved anyway, players like Caulker, Livermore, Townsend and Kane have had good seasons. I like Moyes and he wouldn't do a bad job but Levy seems set on a more contintental structure.

You mean with a director of football?!

I've not heard that, and I don't see any reason to be concerned with the wage bill, so I'd be interested to know who said it. It was reported that Levy isn't a big fan of David Moyes anyway.

It was Danny Kelly and some journo's discussing it yesterday. But I guess most radio shows involve guesswork.

Fixture list isn't too bad for us in the sense that there isn't a pile up of difficult fixtures concentrated within a few weeks. But the games we have after our CL groups games are really tough;

Liverpool (A)
Newcastle (A)
Chelsea (A)
Aston Villa (A)
Man City (A)

Can't remember who the home one is against. But yeah, there is a big discrepancy between league results in and outside of CL weeks and some of those fixtures are tough as it is, especially away from home. We will have to get off to a very good start and things will be made worse if we get a tough CL group. Wouldn't be surprised if we are lagging behind going into the new year.

Of course that fixture list changes so many times through the season so we'll see how it plays out.

Linius

I still don't understand why teams always seem to be struggling with matches after an CL/EL match. Even against the lower ranked clubs they're having the biggest of problems. Players must be able to play two good matches in a week right?

Fixture list isn't too bad for us in the sense that there isn't a pile up of difficult fixtures concentrated within a few weeks. But the games we have after our CL groups games are really tough;

Liverpool (A)
Newcastle (A)
Chelsea (A)
Aston Villa (A)
Man City (A)

Ferguson is going to be pissed as hell with that. He went off on one last time something like that happened. "I've got my doubts," said Ferguson. "I'm not saying what they do down there, but next year we'll be sending somebody to see how it happens, I can assure you. I just don't understand how you can get the fixtures like that."

operon

Liverpool has a tough start to the season, baptism of fire for the new man
In other news I received amongst other things for Fathers day the new Liverpool home Jersey, I love it its sexy, herself bought our son one as well :))

Ferguson is going to be pissed as hell with that. He went off on one last time something like that happened. "I've got my doubts," said Ferguson. "I'm not saying what they do down there, but next year we'll be sending somebody to see how it happens, I can assure you. I just don't understand how you can get the fixtures like that."
I think that was in reference to the crazy run of fixtures we had after the new year when we played a lot of the top teams in the space of a few weeks. We actually won almost all of those but still messed up in the end :(

You're right though he'll be real mad. Was the exact reverse last year though. Can't complain too much.

I'm a bit late but Woodenlung +1 for Beagles

Mine:
3GxSU.jpg

The T-shirt was because she just had an operation and it was to stop her getting at her stitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom