• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

That PM is nowt anyway. I got my DT teacher bollocking me in a PM on readytogo years ago cos I was laughing at him. Next time I went to class I was shitting it but he said nowt.

Really don't think people should share PM's to the rest of the forum.

Still, that was pretty funny. Kenka seems like a level headed poster so I was surprised to see he was so...hurt...by Phantast. Ah well :lol

Linius

what was his reason anyway to pull his shorts down?
Showing the brand name of a company that is owned by a friend of his.

j5S5y.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Really don't think people should share PM's to the rest of the forum.

Still, that was pretty funny. Kenka seems like a level headed poster so I was surprised to see he was so...hurt...by Phantast. Ah well :lol

Depends on the content I think. If its as ridiculous as that PM and it isn't breaking rules to post it, so be it. Like you say, can't believe it elicited that reaction.

haha.
should have known that you will the be first to post it after my post. in general over defensive fans are funny but don't need to ridicule anyone in public.
but that's just my opinion

Meh, shouldn't have done it in the first place. If he'd said it in the thread it would have been funny enough but actually resorting to PM to say that? It's hilarious haha

Like Wooden said, if a Liverpool fan PM'd me telling me to cut it out or whatever, I'd do the same.

o wats dis a pm from dc64

Bendtner gets 100k for showing pants, Porto get 40k for racist fans

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
As much as I hate Adam, he made a great point.

" 100k is about the maximim 2 week wage fine for Bendtner right? How much profit does an FA like Croatia's make?

It isn't that racism is less important than pants, it's a reflection of each parties level of responsability surely? Not difficult is it?
"

" 100k is about the maximim 2 week wage fine for Bendtner right? How much profit does an FA like Croatia's make?

It isn't that racism is less important than pants, it's a reflection of each parties level of responsability surely? Not difficult is it?
"

It's about the message that sends. No the FA probably has nothing to do with the racism and are probably trying to fight it, but if it's not their fault why fine them in the first place? It's especially stupid when Platini and Blatter are running around saying racism is not that big a deal and players walking off for racial abuse should get fined and carded.

Wilbur

Banned

"

What's the excuse for Porto then?

Fine for showing off a pair of pants: €100,000.
Fine for Porto fans' racist behaviour against Manchester City: €20,000.

They make enough money to pay that off easy. I appreciate that its a bit harsh to fine a club for their fans behaviour, but when City get fined 10 grand more because they come out a minute late, you wonder what the fuck goes on in their heads.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If it's up to me, I'd fine millions for racism. Edit: Won't rule out hanging people.

Wilbury said:
I believe he has Kuba at Dortmund

So you're saying it's possible then? HYPE!

PaulLFC

duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC
#lfc fans should ignore all reports of "other teams" going for #sigurdson, he will sign for #lfc as i said 2 weeks ago

Neil Jones ‏@neiljonesecho
Hoffenheim have confirmed that Gylfi Sigurdsson has been granted a "prolonged holiday" until June 30 to secure move to Premier League (#LFC)
Markus Babbel (Hoffenheim head coach): "Gylfi want to stay in England and is in negotiations there.
Babbel: "Thus, it makes no sense for both sides, for him to return to Hoffenheim, perhaps only for a few days.”
Babbel: “If, by 30 June, he has done nothing, then he is here and will return to his pre-season with us. We have agreed this with him."

faridmon

We are going to start the Premier League Fixture against Manchester United at home and end it with Chelsea Away. Not Bad, not Bad at all.

Here is the most important fixture:

August:
Man Utd H Sat 18th

October:
Liverpool H Sat 27th

November:
Arsenal H Wed 28th

December:
Man City A Sat 1st
Chelsea H Sat 29th

February:
Man Utd A Sat 9th

March:
Arsenal A Sat 9th
Man City H Sat 16th

May:
Liverpool A Sat 4th
Chelsea A Sun 19th

Really strong challanging second half of the season. However, as long we start strong, we will be alright. The problem is starting strong in itself. The fixtures are quite varied and doesn't lump hard games at once which is good.

GorillaJu

duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC
#lfc fans should ignore all reports of "other teams" going for #sigurdson, he will sign for #lfc as i said 2 weeks ago

Neil Jones ‏@neiljonesecho
Hoffenheim have confirmed that Gylfi Sigurdsson has been granted a "prolonged holiday" until June 30 to secure move to Premier League (#LFC)
Markus Babbel (Hoffenheim head coach): "Gylfi want to stay in England and is in negotiations there.
Babbel: "Thus, it makes no sense for both sides, for him to return to Hoffenheim, perhaps only for a few days.”
Babbel: “If, by 30 June, he has done nothing, then he is here and will return to his pre-season with us. We have agreed this with him."

Good! It'll be nice to start off the transfer window with an actually exciting signing.

On Kenka's PM: just as others have said, when you act like an idiot in private you shouldn't complain when your idiocy gets exposed and gets laughed at. Think of the fb/twitter assholes/racists that get exposed on a daily basis. And it's not like I exposed his real name or anything like that.
When I posted it I had an educational effect in mind (&
maybe a tag, lol
), I didn't think he'd be banned as he hasn't really breached the TOS.

Dortmund sign Oliver Kirch from Kaiserslautern.

http://www.bundesliga.de/en/liga/news/2011/0000214887.php

Never seen him play. Any good Bundesliga GAF?

I'm fairly sure he's just a back-up for back-ups kinda like da Silva/Kringe have been in this season. Normally he won't play more than 3-4 games. I'm ok with this.

Rumors about Juve being interested in Kuba debunked. The name wouldn't fit on the jersey.

bascicoso.png

So you're saying it's possible then? HYPE!

I'm sure he'll sign a new contract, but if he really wanted to leave I'm sure we'd let him go for some 7-10m.
He was pretty weak for the most part and lost his starting spot to Götze from 10/11 on, but when the latter got injured he came back full force.
Jakub Blaszczykowski Best Skills 2012 HD

Quite glad that West Ham avoid any of the big clubs in our first 6 fixtures;

. Aston Villa (H)
. Swansea (A)
. Fulham (H)
. Norwich (A)
. Sunderland (H)
. QPR (A)

And Arsenal away on Boxing day should be fun :)

Feorax

Great signing. Exactly the type of player we would have missed out on over the last few years.

Anxious to see who Rodgers has in mind for our attacking roles.

"
Why do you hate him?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I thought Kenka was a BVB supporter? I feel really stupid right now.

I'm sure he'll sign a new contract, but if he really wanted to leave I'm sure we'd let him go for some 7-10m.
He was pretty weak for the most part and lost his starting spot to Götze from 10/11 on, but when the latter got injured he came back full force.
Jakub Blaszczykowski Best Skills 2012 HD

Meh, I only want Hummels from you guys!

Viva said:
Why do you hate him?

He's arrogant. That's all I'm going to say :p

Hixx

John Ruddy just got sent off in an FA Cup semi on my FM game. Which is great for me obv but he picked it up under no pressure outside the box from a throw in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom