• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lung I want to personally thank you for killing any small amount of excitement I had left for playing LA Noire with your screenshots in the PC thread :/

I hear it looks worse in motion as well, on top of the game being pretty shit.

No problem! That must be some old post though. :p

They did apparently roll out some patches though, but haven't bothered playing it since as it also performed pretty badly on my 570.

Yeah I am staying out of there until the next games. Once the important matches come in its much harder to take for fans. Would suck to be a Dutch supporter, their team really failed them. Then there's the ridiculously old Messi vs Ronaldo battles which never end. Madridistas/Portuguese people vs the rest.

Cant wait to see once the quarters/semis come around lol.

What battle? Messi is a 100 times better than Ronaldo.

Dutch fans deserves some shit. ;)

Most definitely, especially they were cheering against us. But it´s funny. The Dutch always think and have high hopes of winning tourneys, but they always crash and burn. I think that´s enough. No need to rub it more in.

IceCold

All this talk about who is better, Messi or Ronaldo, is stupid.

The best player is this guy:
iyhkY.png

You're delusional if you think otherwise.

elsk

Banned
Lahm should get one (Ballon d'Or) before retiring. The guy is an incredible player and professional.
He could have won everything with Barcelona but preferred to stay at Bayern.

Fry

Lahm should get one (Ballon d'Or) before retiring. The guy is an incredible player and professional.
He could have won everything with Barcelona but preferred to stay at Bayern.

Well, he won't. No defender (or any player, really) will get a BdO while the freaks Messi and Ronaldo are still playing. Which sucks.

elsk

Banned

??

Well, he won't. No defender (or any player, really) will get a BdO while the freaks Messi and Ronaldo are still playing. Which sucks.

At least I want him to win a CL, or a WC. The rest of the team don't deserve to win it, but Lahm (and Neuer) do.

People don't really give a fuck about Lahm, outside of Bayern fans, but the guy is the best full-back in the whole world. And he's a true professional, he gives everything and doesn't come with bullshit like the rest of top players.

Fry

Schweini was a crybaby in the final. He couldn't take the pressure, Lahm was super solid as always and ice cold the whole match... what a player.

Well, he did miss the penalty. I would have cried in Neuer's arms, or something.

elsk

Banned
^Stop posting Bayern related pics. FLASHBACKS :(

What did he said? Only post I see he mentioned Devolution is a post inside this thread.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I can't see pics so I'm going to assume it's the one and only Badstuber!

^Stop posting Bayern related pics. FLASHBACKS :(

What did he said? Only post I see he mentioned Devolution is a post inside this thread.

Cat fight, Jeff was trying to mark his territory.

The papers seem to think West Ham are about to spunk a load of money - as much as I'd like that to be true, and as much as we need to spend to stay up, I can't see most of the signings mentioned going through, as today alone we're linked with;

Joselu from Real
Eljero Elia from Juve
Luc Castaignos from Inter
Burak Yilmaz from Trabzonspor
Demba Ba from the Barcodes

Throwing around 6-8m for each, not fucking likely! And I find it pretty hard to believe that we'd go in for Demba Ba after one of the Daves pissed off Newcastle by publicly talking about his contract in the press.

GorillaJu

Demba Ba joins West Ham. West Ham are relegated, Demba Ba leaves West Ham. West Ham return, Demba Ba joins West Ham?

More Borini rumors with Liverpool. I'd really like that signing. Luuk de Jong, Ricky van Wolfspenis, Stevan Jovetic and Fabio Borini would all be great coups. Of course, one of those is infinitely less likely than the others :lol

#thfc start with Newcastle (A), then West Brom (H). Then Norwich (H), Reading (A), QPR (H), Man United (A)

Ben Pearce ‏@BenPearceSpurs
#thfc November will be fun: Man City (A) followed immediately by Arsenal (A), West Ham (H) and Liverpool (H).

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Arsenal v Tottenham - November 17th

Tottenham v Arsenal - March 2nd

Last match of the season at home to Sunderland.

Lightning

Banned
Where can I see Arsenal's fixtures?

Hopefully not the bullshit start we were handed last season. Don't want Old Trafford too early in the season again....

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Where can I see Arsenal's fixtures?

Hopefully not the bullshit start we were handed last season. Don't want Old Trafford too early in the season again....

August 18 Sunderland (H)
August 25 Stoke (A)
September 1 Liverpool (A)
September 15 Southampton (H)
September 22 Man City (A)
September 29 Chelsea (H)
October 6 West Ham (A)
October 20 Norwich (A)
October 27 QPR (H)
November 3 Man Utd (A)
November 10 Fulham (H)
November 17 Tottenham (H)
November 24 Aston Villa (A)
November 28 Everton (A)
December 1 Swansea (H)
December 8 West Brom (H)
December 15 Reading (A)
December 22 Wigan (A)
December 26 West Ham (H)
December 29 Newcastle (H)
January 1 Southampton (A)
January 12 Man City (H)
January 19 Chelsea (A)
January 29 Liverpool (H)
February 2 Stoke (H)
February 9 Sunderland (A)
February 23 Aston Villa (H)
March 2 Tottenham (A)
March 9 Everton (H)
March 16 Swansea (A)
March 30 Reading (H)
April 6 West Brom (A)
April 13 Norwich (H)
April 20 Fulham (A)
April 27 Man Utd (H)
May 4 QPR (A)
May 12 Wigan (H)
May 19 Newcastle (A)

Lightning

Banned
What a shit start to the season that is and January looks bullshit as well. The only good thing about that list is the end to season looks to be a comfortable one with only a home game against Utd vs a top 4 club.

Oh well, if we get our shit together in the transfer market early this time around we should start well.

Bumhead

Banned
We have Derby away first game, Bolton away on boxing day and Middlesborough at home final day of the season.

I forgot how tough the Championship is until this morning. We don't appear to have any "easy" run of games.

dc89

Hang on.

City & Chelsea have a right fixture pile up at the start of the campaign.

City V Chelsea - Charity Shield - 12th August
England V Italy - International friendly - 15th August (being held in Switzerland!!!1!)
City V Southampton - Premier League - 18th August

How is that right?!

UNITED START WITH NORTH-WEST DERBY

Manchester United's bid to reclaim the Barclays Premier League trophy in 2012/13 will begin with a short trip to Goodison Park to take on Everton.

This opening match is initially scheduled for Saturday 18 August but like all fixtures, it's subject to change and fans are advised to wait for confirmation on ManUtd.com before booking travel or accommodation.

First five games
Sat Aug 18 Everton A
Sat Aug 25 Fulham H
Sat Sep 01 Southampton A
Sat Sep 15 Wigan Athletic H
Sat Sep 22 Liverpool A

Last five games

Sat Apr 20 Aston Villa H
Sat Apr 27 Arsenal A
Sat May 04 Chelsea H
Sun May 12 Swansea City H

Sun May 19 West Bromwich Albion A

Everton away first game. Good shit. Time for our revenge, ey lads?

Hang on.

City & Chelsea have a right fixture pile up at the start of the campaign.

City V Chelsea - Charity Shield - 12th August
England V Italy - International friendly - 15th August (being held in Switzerland!!!1!)
City V Southampton - Premier League - 18th August

How is that right?!

It's right in the sense that if you're a big team you just deal with it :)

dc89

It's right in the sense that if you're a big team you just deal with it :)

I guess we're just gonna have to.

Also thank you based City for your wonderful website. I can download the fixture list straight to my iCal and if fixtures change it will automatically update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom