• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

You guys really like the ACoN? Comparing their football abilities to South America or Europe it's absolutely nothing :p

Well at least they kick each others heads in.

Fuck no, ACON is one of the worst tournaments around. It's like where all common sense goes to die and the tactical levels are danish third division level.

Linius

Not to forget the fact that some teams aren't even sure if they will make it to tournament in one piece...

Also, I noticed when going on Gaf on my mobile I could see how many posts the different members had made in a topic. Can't seem to find this function on the desktop version :S

I really liked this show. It was cool, loved the idea and how it was so NYC based. I think it had potential but sadly it was cut.

My issues with it is that it really only has one compelling story line (maybe 1.5). They need to remove the Rasta Monsta stuff and Luiz Guzman in general. The tone of that story works against the rest of the show so much. They should have introduced another two characters and worked with another plotline with young adults in NYC. Just my opinion though.

Also, I noticed when going on Gaf on my mobile I could see how many posts the different members had made in a topic. Can't seem to find this function on the desktop version :S

Just gotta click on replies

HSJyG.jpg

Hixx

Not to forget the fact that some teams aren't even sure if they will make it to tournament in one piece...

on the topic list click on the post count

Aston Villa August & September Schedule:

A West Ham United
H Everton
A Newcastle United
H Swansea City
A Southampton
H West Bromich Albion

I'm happy with that. Hopefully we can come out of it with at least 10 points (I think we could at least get 13).

This scares me:

Sat 10 Nov H Manchester United
Sat 17 Nov A Manchester City
Sat 24 Nov H Arsenal

and

Sat 15 Dec A Liverpool
Sat 22 Dec A Chelsea
Wed 26 Dec H Tottenham Hotspur

The second half of our season looks pretty reasonable though.

No. The man is a dick and whatever his remit from Roman, he handled the phasing-out of the older players in the worst possible way. To sack Harry for some upstart Chelsea reject would be embarrassing.
You've already got a few ex Chelsea men among your ranks including the always overrated Scott Parker. What's one more? I actually think AVB could do well at Spurs. I'd just hate him to actually do so.

Arnie

Just woke up after a dream whereby Liverpool won their sixth European Cup.

Seen the fixtures and our first three home games are City, Arsenal and United. Crap. At least they'll be good games to go to.

Do you guys want the next OT to be for 2012/13 season, since the fixtures are out?
Reckon we should wait cos we'll probably get through another thread before the season kicks off but it's not that important really. Maybe the pre-season thread? Teams will be going on their tours and stuff in about a month.

Bulk of the transfer activity is still to come too.

Reckon we should wait cos we'll probably get through another thread before the season kicks off but it's not that important really. Maybe the pre-season thread? Teams will be going on their tours and stuff in about a month.

Hmm...so like a Football Thread 2012-13 Season Pre-|OT| Coming to America Idiots Abroad

Linius

Yes indeed. Looking forward to it. Transfer talks and pre-season fixtures. Hopefully there will be a Amsterdam Tournament this year. Always good for some joy with some big clubs visiting Amsterdam for a two day tourney.

Wilbur

Banned
You don't sign some NDA when writing a PM, if you write dumb shit expect people to post it.

Exactly. I get PMs when you're just conversing off board, talking private stuff or whatever, but to threaten a ban because he doesn't like Bayern hahaha grow the fuck up

elseanio

Yeah, just mainly wanted to add the promoted teams to the league list etc.

Will add the Twitter Gaf link too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom