• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Nothing wrong with Spain's football or more defensive minded sides. It all comes down to personal preference.

Just don't run around telling people "that's not how you play football".

edit: I'm surprised Chelsea are still getting shit for their CL win. They had absolutely no other choice! Unlike Inter back in 2009-2010.

Wilbur

Banned
Nothing wrong with Spain's football or more defensive minded sides. It all comes down to personal preference.

Just don't run around telling people "that's not how you play football".

This is the stickler. When they cry about anti football, that's what makes me want to throw it back in their faces.

Slizz

Scored some ridic goals today in FIFA, chipped the keeper from outside the box.... Like a legit chip, one of those ones where the keeper just keeps backing up but can't get to it.

Then I had a goal where I must have completed 20 passes before the goal. Felt so good, probably the best goal I've ever scored because of the consecutive passes... Guy quit though, I wasn't able to save it.

rodvik

Kinda random post but putting it here, staying out of Euro thread for a while lol.

Chelsea play 10-0-1 formation counter-attack. =
People complain =
"lol bitter!" "Salty tears!" "It gets the result"

Spain pass around whole game. =
People complain. =
"It's beautiful!" "it gets the result!"

Fact is, both ways can get teams results. And the same people that say stuff like Salty! Bitter! etc are the same ones that complain about the opposite tactics.

I personally don't care how a team plays as long as they aren't just out there trying to slide-tackle and break peoples legs. Of course I prefer the Barca style but it's good that teams of inferior quality(like Real Madrid or Stoke) can give big teams challenges by counter-attacking or defending. Otherwise the sport would be way too predictable.

I didnt want this to slip by .. Well played man, well played.

I give far more credit to Spain/Barcelona when they play the occasional boring game of
possession style play that I do other teams when they play boring because possession style play takes skill in and of itself.

That said I would say the Chelsea/Barcelona games this year were genuinely riveting to me because of the extreme contrast in styles, I also think that in that in that particular match up what Chelsea did was hard and required a lot of discipline to pull off.

But in general tikka takka for the win imho. It is just beautiful and very hard to do.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This is the stickler. When they cry about anti football, that's what makes me want to throw it back in their faces.

Yeah, both of them are a form of anti-football. Spain are not showering us with goals, it's mostly 1-0's isn't it?

You can argue that passing the ball around is a defensive tactic as well.

edit: I'm not hating on Spain here, no one deserves/deserved to win it more than them.

elsk

Banned

Only anti-football I know of is this guy:

CarlosVelascoCarballo-walks120512R300.jpg

Clegg

Tabloids running a story that United will put Nani up for sale if contract talks break down.

United will then use the money from that sale to buy James Rodriguez from Porto.

FootballFan

I didnt want this to slip by .. Well played man, well played.

:p

I agree though, with all of you! (something Fady would do)

Scored some ridic goals today in FIFA, chipped the keeper from outside the box.... Like a legit chip, one of those ones where the keeper just keeps backing up but can't get to it.

Then I had a goal where I must have completed 20 passes before the goal. Felt so good, probably the best goal I've ever scored because of the consecutive passes... Guy quit though, I wasn't able to save it.

Sounds good but too bad you can only save the last 5 seconds of replays, which means you would have got nothing but the actual goal. Right? Or is that just on ps3 ?

rodvik

Tabloids running a story that United will put Nani up for sale if contract talks break down.

United will then use the money from that sale to buy James Rodriguez from Porto.

Bloody hell. Nani is class. I assume you would be gutted if he left? From the outside he seems like a very big deal to you lot.

Slizz

:p

I agree though, with all of you! (something Fady would do)

Sounds good but too bad you can only save the last 5 seconds of replays, which means you would have got nothing but the actual goal. Right? Or is that just on ps3 ?

Yea same for 360, but you'd def get to see at least 3 lead up passes that picked the lock.

If Nani leaves I'll be fucking pissed..... I got a feeling United will get the deal done though.

elsk

Banned
I wonder if we're still going to sign Javi Martínez. The interest in M'Vila was dropped like 2 days after the first new, and the only players like Vidal I can think of are Javi and Yaya.

Where is Ba rumoured to be going?

TO YOUR ASS.

Messi

IMO, British players in general are overrated, but I'm confident of Given's quality.

Given isn't world class(wasn't even in his prime) but he's a reliable keeper with, as you said, an odd wonder save here and there.

He was excellent against Spain, even though Ireland lost 4:0.

olivia-wilde-wtf-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-99.gif

Wessiej

20? Fuck that.

Would rather just give Lille the 8 they want for Debuchy and look for a different Striker.

You could probably get him for 8, translates to 11 million right? Something like that. But the chairman from Twente is so stubborn, so you won't sign him in 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom