• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

So you think the recently promoted teams are better than Celtic?

All of them.

Imho Celtic & Rangers would struggle to be top half in the Championship. Not being infammatory just the level of play in the SPL is pretty low.

Doesnt mean there arent exciting sides, there are, its just not PL level over an entire season.

Edit for inflammatory stuff

Lightning

Banned
Yeah, a lot of sources are saying now that the GIroud to Arsenal is pretty much done and only a medical and announcement holding things up. Personal terms and a transfer fee have been done.

M'Vila to go and this will have been a successful transfer window if RVP signs to extend his contract. If he doesn't then we still need another world class striker.

K1LLER7

Spain's lack of a striker isn't helping

Iniesta could've took that himself but Dat pass to iniesta was majestic.

Think Fabregas should start over Silva and Pedro/mata over Navas

Yeah I've been using the second site :D

We'll play once I'm happy with my squad. I need coinnnnnnnns

I found it was worth $20 (in my case 60) to build a decent squad. I got lucky with an IF Pirlo though. Although before I spent money I built a great Bronze squad and a serviceable Serie A Gold squad.

Also, lol at that thread. repeatedly.

K1LLER7

Poor Croatia, at least we should hear more on Modric's transfer now.

Think England could get the result against spain. Defend well and take their chances.

WJD

Shame, I had Croatia to go through on my prediction league.

Spain boring, Italy unimpressive besides the game against Spain.

Kyoufu

All of them.

Imho Celtic & Rangers would struggle to be top half in the Championship. Not being infammatory just the level of play in the SPL is pretty low.

Doesnt mean there arent exciting sides, there are, its just not PL level over an entire season.

Edit for inflammatory stuff

I don't think Celtic are Championship level.

Bumhead

Banned
Spains possession football is admirable, but they bore me rigid. Think they're tedious to watch in the extreme.

With the way Roy has got the England team set out I don't fear playing that Spain side.

Wilbur

Banned
Spain's goal was onside.

Wouldn't mind playing Spain If they put in a performance like that. Carroll would wreck em.

Yeah just caught the BBC replay, only saw it with the in play picture on the Italy match. Onside but Busquets lucky not to give away a pen.

Just said in the other thread, I'm not scared of Spain. Defend like we did against France and they look susceptible on the counter. I'd probably start Carroll too.

K1LLER7

Wow, What's happened to Given, really bad keeping this tournament.

^ need Rooney and Gerrard to pull the strings like Modric. Would like to see Walcott start.

Bumhead

Banned
How many Celtic games did you watch last season? Southampton, for example, have a couple of ex-Celtic players who failed miserably in Scotland and start for them regularly.

This works both ways, though. Celtic have several players in their squad who were distinctly average at Championship level.

An even larger number of players go the other way, from Scotland to England, and do terrible. We have two of them. Mark Reynolds and Giles Coke, both highly rated at SPL sides, both look like boys amongst men at League One level, nevermind Championship.

For what its worth I did specifically say Celtic would probably do enough to stay up and I did specify looking at the squad as a bunch of names, rather than actually watching the team.

Arnie

Hilarious from Balotelli, scores a goal and then believes he's entitled to have a go at the manager. Such a muppet. Good on Bonucci.

FootballFan

Spains possession football is admirable, but they bore me rigid. Think they're tedious to watch in the extreme.

With the way Roy has got the England team set out I don't fear playing that Spain side.

Spain is like Barca without Messi. Which is just a lot more passing, less attacking and goals. Villa missing doesn't help at all. Playing with 2 defensive mids isn't that smart either.

Talon

Spain is like Barca without Messi. Which is just a lot more passing, less attacking and goals. Villa missing doesn't help at all. Playing with 2 defensive mids isn't that smart either.
Xabi Alonso looks out of sorts. I haven't seen that much La Liga this season, but how's he been all year?

Hurts to watch because he's always been one of my favorite players. I really enjoyed those Liverpool teams of the early 2000s.

tzare

i usually want spain to loose but i'll be happy if defeats england first and Portugal later to loose against greece in the final game

Yen

Tomorrow's @SPORTBILD coverstory: Bayern in negotiations with Pep Guardiola for 2013.

Bring it.

Tomorrow's @DailyStar coverstory: Chelsea in negotiations with Pep Guardiola for 2013.

Tomorrow's @Gazetta Del Sport coverstory: Inter in negotiations with Pep Guardiola for 2013.

Tomorrow's @Equipe coverstory: PSG in negotiations with Pep Guardiola for 2013.

Tomorrow's @TMZ coverstory: New York Cosmos in negotiations with Pep Guardiola for 2013.

And so on ad infinitum.

Fry

Tomorrow's @DailyStar coverstory: Chelsea in negotiations with Pep Guardiola for 2013.

Tomorrow's @Gazetta Del Sport coverstory: Inter in negotiations with Pep Guardiola for 2013.

Tomorrow's @Equipe coverstory: PSG in negotiations with Pep Guardiola for 2013.

Tomorrow's @TMZ coverstory: New York Cosmos in negotiations with Pep Guardiola for 2013.

And so on ad infinitum.

I have a feeling one of these are fake.

elsk

Banned
Obviously negotiations doesn't really mean shit, but it would be very interesting to see Guardiola at Bayern. They're similar to Barcelona in many ways, but they aren't a true team like Barcelona.

FootballFan

Was the WC thread this bad? I remember enjoying the WC2010 thread...

I was a lurker back then, was a great thread to my memory. I hate when offside discussions come up or people start calling teams cheaters. There is seriously people saying Spain win by cheating in the Euro thread. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom