• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Löw is rumored to think about playing Lars Bender as RB.

Fuck you Löw, get over it and fucking put Lahm on the right. We have no decent RB other than Jantschke who's a bit too young. Schmelzer is a decent LB at least, great on a good day.

Bonus pic of "Klose with it"
owIjH.jpg

pulga

Banned
Highest paid manager in Italy now.

Based Conte <3

You guys are probably right on Dzeko, I know it's too early, but it was a statement from his agent :/ (again)

I fucking hate this transfer bollocks.

Deserves every penny of it <3

Carbonox

I honestly can't see it myself, but I would be one very happy guy if it does come off.

I hear he could be snapped up for a measly 10m Euros. Something like that anyway. Ba will go for £7m anyway.

It's likely IMO. Have faith! We will be getting a new striker whatever happens anyway, and I don't really want anyone else that would fall under our budget.

Nigel De Jong?

Hah, you wish. Would be epic having him and Ben Arfa in the same squad. But no, Luuk.

fuenf

Löw is rumored to think about playing Lars Bender as RB.

Fuck you Löw, get over it and fucking put Lahm on the right. We have no decent RB other than Jantschke who's a bit too young. Schmelzer is a decent LB at least, great on a good day.

Robben alone should be reason enough to play Schmelzer.

What's the word on Veratti?

HE'S COMING HOME BABY!
More like kidnapping him but let's not dwell on technicalities

And no worries, Cavani is clinical.

It may all be just smoke in the eyes to further raise Verratti's price, but I think there's a distinct possibility that Marco will stay at Pescara for another year. Yurt will be gutted, I'll be disappointed to say the very least, but it would actually make a lot of sense for him to play for his home town in Serie A. The smart thing for us would be to buy him immediately and park him there next season, if indeed he and Pescara's president aren't inclined to close the deal with Juve just yet. In case they are though ... VERRATTI GET!

Cavani can go fuck himself after the Coppa finale. God, I'm never watching 3D football in a cinema again. It was a horrible experience. :/

Yeah, I'm hoping we can get him on a co-ownership deal at the very least!

They don't mind selling him, but they're asking for 12M!

Cavani :lol Dzeko will destroy them in the Supercoppa and in Serie A next season, and he's going to love it.

edit:
Chiellini "I hope for him (Verratti) he joins Juve. He can join a club where he can grow as a player and a person. I'll talk to him." :p We'll seal the deal as soon as he trains with ItalJuve.

I was thinking of doing an epic Verratti-cum-Fady K mega post but I'll just lump these together now. I think Zab is right. I think he's staying in Pescara for another year, possibly we get 4m co-ownership, and then when he performs amazingly in Serie A we end up paying another 8m so Pescara get their 12m anyways. I think that's what we're going to pay in any case. They aren't playing hardball. They just know that if they wait it out they'll get to keep an awesome player and get their money too. I can't really blame them.

But, BUT, for my money, we say fuck it, pay 12m now (think of the money we're saving on Pogba!), give him the fucking #10 and lets do this shit. I don't think it's worth fucking around with a player who clearly a) wants to play in the shirt to the point that he's already saying we won 30 scudetti, despite the fact that cornuto Zeman is their coach, and b) he's unquestionably amazing. I want him in a Juve kit, I want him playing behind Pirlo and coming on as 60th minute sub in league games that we're playing comfortably, and rotating in on busy weeks when Pirlo needs to be rested. I want him starting in Coppa Italia so we can save Pirlo for Champions. I don't see the point in mucking about. Yes, it's a lot of money for a kid, but he'll always be worth close to 10m even if he does, say, average in a couple years. If you look at it that way, it's always going to be a 2m difference.

Merkel will play with Genoa next season, Preziosi bought him today. One of the best players that came out of our youth team has been bought by another -mediocre- team.

Basically, we can't buy important players because we don't have any money, and we don't keep our best young players just because. Merkel was involved with the El Sharaawy offer, still...

Meanwhile, Mesbah: "Milan assured me that I'll still play with the rossoneri next year."
1579594_oyezb5.gif

Next year will be what, Juve, your 31st scudetto, right?

Wait, why did you sell the rest of Merkel? I don't get it. He's amazing. No, really. I know it's "just because" but there has to be some logic that I'm missing. Also, Muntari says he only wants Milan. I think you guys are obligated to buy him after all the press Allegri gave him. And anyways, what's Galliani going to do with the video of the ghost goal that he saved to his iPhone?
I'm actually glad that you guys lost against Inter so that, in all honesty, that ghost goal became a footnote for the season rather than a prolonged bitchfest (which I don't think would have done either of us any good).

Also, apparently Sahin was in Italy. But he was talking to both Milan sides and Juve. Interesting. Not sure if I want him as between Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal, Pogba, Marrone, possibly Verratti, we don't need anyone else in our midfield. Well, maybe another hardnosed defender. I'd give Pazienza another crack if he'd be happy to play a Manninger-like role (don't really care for Padoin, not quite sure what the logic was of loaning Pazienza but loaning in Padoin).

Is AT here? If he's still offering away that XL Liverpool away from a couple of seasons ago I'll gladly take it off his hands. My step dad isn't renewing his Blackburn season ticket because of the Venkys and it's his birthday coming up so I'd like to give him that shirt and say, "look mate, you know where your heart lies."

Fuck right off lol

We'll be back at Ewood when we get our club back!

Clegg

I'll say it again.

I'll go bonkers if we miss out on Kagawa because we weren't willing to pay what Dortmund wanted.

We spent £16m on Ashley Young ffs.

Arnie

Fuck right off lol

We'll be back at Ewood when we get our club back!

To be fair he's watched a fuck ton of Liverpool over the years given the connection, so he'd probably like it. Don't think it'll displace his Givet shirt from a couple season ago, wore it on Christmas Day the berk.

dc89

I'll say it again.

I'll go bonkers if we miss out on Kagawa because we weren't willing to pay what Dortmund wanted.

The last thing United want is for a club to miss out on a target and start turning attention to the likes of Kagawa.

it's aguero and de gea. one plays for city and the other for united. I guess that's why he laughs.

OK, I see. But they're both dressed in Atletico Madrid attire so I don't really see anything lol-worthy here. Pretty dumb premise for a "lol" if you ask me..

Löw deserves a kick in the groin if he plans on leaving Schmelzer on the bench in favor of a shittier version of Lahm (right wing > left wing for him) and a player out of his position (be it Boateng or L. Bender).

Wilbur

Banned
I'll say it again.

I don't know why we don't just fucking cough up 20m. I really don't.

20m on a fantastic, double league winning creative player, as opposed to the 20m we spent on an English winger who played for a mid table side.

Clegg

If we don't sign him SAF will say that he was too expensive for someone in the last year of his contract.

That just doesn't wash.

WJD

20m on a fantastic, double league winning creative player, as opposed to the 20m we spent on an English winger who played for a mid table side.

Maybe we're waiting for the Hazard deal to fall through before putting up more cash for Kagawa?

K1LLER7

Kagawa's away with Japan at the moment, once they finish their matches I think we'll hear more. It'll be stupid not to go for him at 20m and he's even had talks with SAF. Wouldn't be surprised if Hazard agrees to come and we don't get Kagawa. Either way I think we'll get 1 of them.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I was thinking of doing an epic Verratti-cum-Fady K mega post but I'll just lump these together now. I think Zab is right. I think he's staying in Pescara for another year, possibly we get 4m co-ownership, and then when he performs amazingly in Serie A we end up paying another 8m so Pescara get their 12m anyways. I think that's what we're going to pay in any case. They aren't playing hardball. They just know that if they wait it out they'll get to keep an awesome player and get their money too. I can't really blame them.

But, BUT, for my money, we say fuck it, pay 12m now (think of the money we're saving on Pogba!), give him the fucking #10 and lets do this shit. I don't think it's worth fucking around with a player who clearly a) wants to play in the shirt to the point that he's already saying we won 30 scudetti, despite the fact that cornuto Zeman is their coach, and b) he's unquestionably amazing. I want him in a Juve kit, I want him playing behind Pirlo and coming on as 60th minute sub in league games that we're playing comfortably, and rotating in on busy weeks when Pirlo needs to be rested. I want him starting in Coppa Italia so we can save Pirlo for Champions. I don't see the point in mucking about. Yes, it's a lot of money for a kid, but he'll always be worth close to 10m even if he does, say, average in a couple years. If you look at it that way, it's always going to be a 2m difference.

I'm in the "fuck it and give them the money" camp :p He IS worth it. Hmm and I know Pirlo gave us a whole season without getting injured and all, but who knows what's going to happen two years from now? As in, in the year Verratti is supposed to be studying him. He might pull a 2010-2011 and spend most of his time on the treatment table!
Next to Iaquinta

fadetoblack said:
Also, apparently Sahin was in Italy. But he was talking to both Milan sides and Juve. Interesting. Not sure if I want him as between Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal, Pogba, Marrone, possibly Verratti, we don't need anyone else in our midfield. Well, maybe another hardnosed defender. I'd give Pazienza another crack if he'd be happy to play a Manninger-like role (don't really care for Padoin, not quite sure what the logic was of loaning Pazienza but loaning in Padoin).

All these midfielders and no strikers....lol.

Milan/Inter signing Sahin would be a MASSIVE coup! :0

*edit: Damn it's late here! I'll continue tomorrow!

keit4

Banned
Xisco is trending topic xD!!

(he just scored an important goal for Deportivo's promotion to Primera division)

PS. anyways, he is an awful player... xD

You guys need to calm down a bit re:- Kagawa. There may come a time when the panic should set in...but not yet. What's there to worry about? He flew over here and had a meeting with Fergie. That was the last bit of news, so far so good. There are no concrete reports of other clubs being interested (though I am certain they are) or any reports of him getting impatient with us.

The reason we're not just bidding £20m for him is because that's a stupid thing to do. It doesn't matter (yet) whether he is worth £20m or not, I'd say he is worth more as a footballer. But in his current position you can make a very good argument that we can sign him for less than that. Dortmund have named their price at £20m...usually that suggests that they'll be willing to let him go for a bit less, especially when you consider they're not exactly in a position of power.

Let's just see how this develops. I think so far we've done really well on this "deal". Got in early and met with the player and made contact. Now we're trying to agree a fee with the club, not a straightforwards process.

And I don't want to hark back to it time and time again but yes that debt effects us big time and we can't afford to just pay whatever teams demand of us anymore. If we miss out on Kagawa I will be pissed but let's all just calm down for now...we're a long way from that happening and we've got a £30m+ bid in for Hazard.

Arnie

It seems I've confused two equally entertaining BBC3 wonder programmes. You're talking about Euro's greatest moments or something aren't you? I was referring to England's worst ever team.

Both make fantastic viewing.

Must be nice having owners that are able to charge whatever they want.
City's ticket prices have gone up a fair bit over the last two years I think. Think they're up by 10% this year in some areas of the ground.

It's par for the course really, fans are getting to see a much better standard of football and City need to ramp up their revenue. It'll be interesting to see where they draw the line actually.

Still cannot believe how expensive some of the Arsenal/Spurs tickets are. It's just ridiculous.

kharma45

Say all you want about Young, United fans, he showed up quite a bit when you needed him too.

I don't like him really and do find him to be rather over-rated but his stats this year have been pretty good for a debut season 25 games, 6 goals and 7 assists. He'll be a good back-up next year I hope to supplement Nani and Valencia.

Cracker player in FIFA mind.

Wilbur

Banned
He did.

Still don't rate him. Very unimaginative player.

I don't like him really and do find him to be rather over-rated but his stats this year have been pretty good for a debut season 25 games, 6 goals and 7 assists. He'll be a good back-up next year I hope to supplement Nani and Valencia.

Cracker player in FIFA mind.

Does well cutting in but he runs into so many dead ends and spends hours making decisions. Brilliant on FIFA though yeah.

But a colossal diving bellend.

dc89

Must be nice having owners that are able to charge whatever they want.

The tickets have gone up, no doubt about it. Now the decision which will have to be made sooner than later is do they charge more per ticket or do they expand the stadium?

kharma45

Does well cutting in but he runs into so many dead ends and spends hours making decisions.

Aye, he doesn't seem to know what he wants to do half the time and just passed the ball back to Evra. It's not that hard to run to the byline and whack the ball in like a winger should do rather than running, stopping and playing the ball backwards.

He's got pretty good pace about him and is a good dribbler yet you'll never see him really try to take anyone on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom