• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Where is Fady yo ?

Bravo? That just makes him look like the biggest fucking cunt in football after what he just said in that article.... That desperate to leave Arsenal that you'd take a massive pay cut to pay for your own transfer and has the nerve to suggest that RVP should stay? Who does he think he is? Makes Nasri look like a saint.

And what kind of club makes their own player pay for their fucking transfer? Scum. Not even to mention Barcelona received a huge discount on his price in the first place.

Pay 66 million for Zlatan and can't afford to pay an extra 5 million for the Premier Leagues bet midfielder lol.

He wasnt THAT desperate to leave Arsenal, but he was THAT desperate to go back home and play for the team he really loves. Nothing wrong with that.

And Zlatan was 65mil(US) + Eto'o. Not just 60mil.

Should have gone with Busquets :/

Afellay and Busquets were my suggestions to you weren't they? You didn't listen ! :(

Remember when Faubert went to Real Madrid temporarily? :lol

:lol
Was so confused by that...

I hear Pato is fit and ready to play??

Lol, poor guy.

Watch out Juve !!

I remember when Messi had heaps of injury problems, so glad that got sorted out. Imagine how much less he would have progressed if those injuries continued.

8FkLv.png

:lol

it seems like we are buying de zeeuw and de guzman...is this good or bad for us? :D

anyone from moscow or villarreal fans here?

Not me, but I watched Villareal quite a bit, De Guzman is a good player. Pretty good vision and passing. I think he is like 23 as well, so pretty young. He had potential/hype couple seasons ago, never really lived up to it but he deserves better than 2nd division imo.

Cavani can go fuck himself after the Coppa finale. God, I'm never watching 3D football in a cinema again. It was a horrible experience. :/

what did he do ?

Aye, he doesn't seem to know what he wants to do half the time and just passed the ball back to Evra. It's not that hard to run to the byline and whack the ball in like a winger should do rather than running, stopping and playing the ball backwards.

He's got pretty good pace about him and is a good dribbler yet you'll never see him really try to take anyone on.

Take issue with these.

I think he has a fair idea of what he wants to do but doesn't have the skill to do it. Following from this, I really don't think he's a good dribbler, he has awful balance and poor close control.

Saying he's a good dribbler is like the misconception that Walcott is a good dribbler.

Bumhead

Banned
£425 to see City, that's awesome value considering. And there are no bad seats in that stadium.

Disagree. The only time I've been to the Etihad I was stood two or three rows back from the front of the stand in the away end behind the goal. I thought the view was crap and the ground is so open aired it's difficult to get an atmosphere going.

I'm just being picky mind but.. yeah, I get the point. That is a good price to watch top of the league Premiership football, no question.

Zabojnik

what did he do ?

Nothing, Cavani just netted the penalty that lead to our demise. :p Worst Juve of the season by far and I paid 15 euros to watch it in 3D at the cinema. With a dozen or so annoying Napoli fans behind me, screaming random stuff the whole time. To make things worse, the screen was way too fucking dark, as it always is when I go to see a 3D movie. It's fast becoming the thing I hate the most about 3D. I don't get it. Are the projectors unable to display an image that's bright enough? Would the 3D suffer if they upped the brightness? What is it?

Yurt, fade, be it in the next season, be it in 2013/2014 ... Verratti better not disappoint, because you're hyping him to the max.
KuGsj.gif
I got burned with Giovinco (and yet there's still hope!), so I'm taking it slow and easy this time. Same with Pogba, if his highness decides we're worthy of his services after all.

Wait, why did you sell the rest of Merkel? I don't get it. He's amazing. No, really. I know it's "just because" but there has to be some logic that I'm missing. Also, Muntari says he only wants Milan. I think you guys are obligated to buy him after all the press Allegri gave him. And anyways, what's Galliani going to do with the video of the ghost goal that he saved to his iPhone?
I'm actually glad that you guys lost against Inter so that, in all honesty, that ghost goal became a footnote for the season rather than a prolonged bitchfest (which I don't think would have done either of us any good).

We had to sell his other half (previously it was 50% Milan, 50% Genoa) so that we could buy the other half of El Sharaawy (which was as well 50-50). I personally would've kept both of them, Merkel is too good to play in Genoa. Muntari is pretty much confirmed to stay next year as well.

Oh and the spoiler: I was """fine""" with losing this scudetto to Juve, but not by giving it to you guys while losing the derby. But as usual, they had to come back from the dead on that particular day.

Later today we will present our new third goalkeeper: Gabriel, 20 years old, from Cruzeiro, €500.000. Never saw him play, but everything I read about him was pretty good.

Salvadora

I think its something like 30 percent dimmer in 3D. Movies can be brightened but I've never seen sports in 3D. May be different now though.

FootballFan

Nothing, Cavani just netted the penalty that lead to our demise. :p Worst Juve of the season by far and I paid 15 euros to watch it in 3D at the cinema. With a dozen or so annoying Napoli fans behind me, screaming random stuff the whole time. To make things worse, the screen was way too fucking dark, as it always is when I go to see a 3D movie.

Ahh I see. I hate 3d movies so I am guessing watching sport would be the same.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
The Red Bulls are playing if anyone is interested. Henry (Yay!), Conde (Yay!), and Marquez (Ugh.) are back from injury. Working on a club record 6 wins in a row!

Zabojnik

...why would anyone watch live events in 3d?

Well, the 3D effect per se wasn't that bad actually, it was mostly the darkness of the screen (and the lower than usual camera angle) that ruined it for me. I never saw a football match or any other sporting event in 3D, that's why I went - to check it out. Won't happen again anytime soon. :)

The Sun's story was a contract offer to Bale. £70K. I assume that's a move to try and ensure we're not forced to sell next summer. I'm sure his agent will tell him not to sign that.

Arnie

£70K? Bale could get double that in a transfer. And CL football. Will be interesting to watch that unfold over the summer, not for Spurs fans though.

Clegg

The Times are reporting that Arsenal are the fourth club interested in Hazard.

I'd post the article but it's behind a paywall.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
How long does he have left on his contract? Modric has a long while left.

3 years. Modric has 4. It will take ridiculous money to buy them, Bale is still so young and has plenty of time to develop more at Spurs before moving on. Modric is basically at the chairmans mercy with those years left on his deal.

Salvadora

Times are saying that the this money was originally going to be spent on Gotze last season.

But the offer was turned down.

Forgot about that sneaky bid.

3 years. Modric has 4. It will take ridiculous money to buy them, Bale is still so young and has plenty of time to develop more at Spurs before moving on. Modric is basically at the chairmans mercy with those years left on his deal.
Makes you wonder why Arsenal has so much trouble tying their players down.

Hazard-"Of course. It's always more fun when it's beautiful [the football]. In addition, at Arsenal, there is a coach and French players. And Thomas Vermaelen," Hazard told Sport Foot Magazine.
So no, Not the same situation at all.

He's just being nice. It's probably more fun to be paid big time and win titles. Not that I was seriously comparing it to a french regional league bidding for Messi, that much should have been clear. :p

kharma45

Take issue with these.

I think he has a fair idea of what he wants to do but doesn't have the skill to do it. Following from this, I really don't think he's a good dribbler, he has awful balance and poor close control.

Saying he's a good dribbler is like the misconception that Walcott is a good dribbler.

Fair enough point actually.

GorillaJu

The Guardian reckons we've offered the sporting director job to Van Gaal, and that Martínez and Rodgers remain front runners for the manager job.

If Rodgers came, surely that would put us in a good position to bring in Gylfi Sigurdsson. I'm still hyped about him. Think he could be one of the PL's best attacking midfielders.

Salvadora

He's just being nice. It's probably more fun to be paid big time and win titles. Not that I was seriously comparing it to a french regional league bidding for Messi, that much should have been clear. :p

Its obvious we can't compete on wages or transfer fee's but we did come third this season. I may question the clubs ambitions at times but league titles/cups are hardly pie in the sky thoughts.

kharma45

The Guardian reckons we've offered the sporting director job to Van Gaal, and that Martínez and Rodgers remain front runners for the manager job.

If Rodgers came, surely that would put us in a good position to bring in Gylfi Sigurdsson. I'm still hyped about him. Think he could be one of the PL's best attacking midfielders.

Can't see Rodgers taking it after publicly declining it no matter what the Guardian say, it'll be Martinez I'd bet.

GorillaJu

Can't see Rodgers taking it after publicly declining it no matter what the Guardian say, it'll be Martinez I'd bet.

He didn't rule himself out – that was the media's spin on it. All he said is that it would be disrespectful to the fans to interview for the job, and if Liverpool are interested, then everything we need to see on what he brings to the table is already out there.

kharma45

He didn't rule himself out – that was the media's spin on it. All he said is that it would be disrespectful to the fans to interview for the job, and if Liverpool are interested, then everything we need to see on what he brings to the table is already out there.

Hadn't seen any of the quotes from him, just saw the one from Swansea where they said "The club is pleased to confirm that Brendan has declined the current opportunity to speak to the Anfield club about the vacant position."

Jay Sosa

gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

rodvik

So VillaGaf.

Who do you want as the Villa manager? Now OGS has stomped on our dreams?

Rodgers & AVB for me. Then its a long long way down to Poyet (issues) and maybe Martinez.

No Lambert thanks.

Wilbur

Banned
So VillaGaf.

Rodgers & AVB for me. Then its a long long way down to Poyet (issues) and maybe Martinez.

No Lambert thanks.

Lambert's a better manager than Rodgers and Martinez.

rodvik

Lambert's a better manager than Rodgers and Martinez.

But his football is uglier than Rodgers at least. Sorry man. We are going to win nowt for awhile. I may as well watch something good.

There is also the dour scotsman factor. I cant handle two in a row.

Wilbur

Banned
But his football is uglier than Rodgers at least. Sorry man. We are going to win nowt for awhile. I may as well watch something good.

There is also the dour scotsman factor. I cant handle two in a row.

I think Norwich are quite fun to watch actually, like Newcastle last year.

So VillaGaf.

No Lambert thanks.

I like the idea of Paciencia, or another manager we haven't considered from a different league. If we could get anyone it would be Bielsa or Pep I think. I was really excited for OGS.

EDIT: Also, I would love to see Laursen take on a role at the club and be groomed as a future manager.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Boca Juniors just tied at Fluminense's stadium 1-1 and went through to the Libertadores semis after winning 1-0 at home. Is Boca finally back?

rodvik

I think Norwich are quite fun to watch actually, like Newcastle last year.

Maybe, maybe. I am mainly going by our two games against them which were numbing. That good of been us of course. But we didnt drag Swansea down to our level.

I like the idea of Paciencia, or another manager we haven't considered from a different league. If we could get anyone it would be Bielsa or Pep I think. I was really excited for OGS.

Good shout. Has Paciencia expressed interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom