• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

The current team? Yeah he doesn't have anything to do with that. But his illegal funding to the club is the whole reason they are in the league, hell they would probably never have existed without him.

All respect to Wieghorst and Hjulmand though, they have done fantastic the last couple of years, they deserve this way more than we do. Sadly doesn't help the bitterness when we lost it mainly due to incompetent management. :/
Missquote?

Sappy113

At least we will have some quality in the league next year. Glad to see Lyngby and Køge go down, such shitty teams and both will be replaced with teams that can beat any danish team on a good day.

Yea, I feel ya. Take what ridiculously little solace in the fact that it's always worse somewhere else. You guys only need to look 20 km's to the west :). Still, know that really doesn't help worth a crap right now.

faridmon

James McArthure signs a new deal with Wigan. Good for them, he is quality player. Oh, and Christian Grindheim can come back Vålerenga. He desrves better. He is a confidence player and did play shit when Vålerenga lost few games in succession, but when he is good, he is like Gravesen in terms of midfield defensive role.

Wilbur

Banned
James McArthure signs a new deal with Wigan. Good for them, he is quality player.

Him and McCarthy could be a great partnership. I never really rated McArthur until this season but McCarthy in particular is class.

With regards to Hazard, it's weird PSG and Madrid arent in for him. Didn't Zidane personally recommend him? Would probably rather him over Di Maria.

Sappy113

Him and McCarthy could be a great partnership. I never really rated McArthur until this season but McCarthy in particular is class.

With regards to Hazard, it's weird PSG and Madrid arent in for him. Didn't Zidane personally recommend him? Would probably rather him over Di Maria.

Madrid probably wants to see if he can cut it with the big boys. If he can, and do so consistently, they know they can just swoop in with a bag of money, and secure him in his prime. Since money doesn't seem to be an issue, it's basically a win-win.

faridmon

You're just going in their hype train. Hazard is hugely over hyped.

He is quality though unlike many other players out there who getting various attention, but yeah, the media is just all over the place when it comes to his transfer Saga.

ATF487

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddbal...as-code-for-ugly-girls-says-wojciech-szczesny

The 22-year-old shot-stopper, who was giving an interview to the Polish version of Playboy, admitted the Blues skipper’s name acts as a code word when one of his team-mates wants to escape from an awkward situation with the opposite sex.

‘At Arsenal it [the name John Terry] is another word for an ugly girl,’ said Szczesny.
‘If there’s a girl around that we don’t really like, we use it as a smokescreen, as in: “Have you seen John Terry recently? He’s terrible. I recommend this, it really works.”’

rodvik

Don't think like that. Even in jest. I don't approve.

Also, if you think AVTV is well worth it, then I will take a chance with it. Also, I didn't know we get reserve matches those will be awesome to watch. I still wish they offered more media content for free though :/

Yeah its nice and the closest we are going to get to supporting the team via a season ticket.

Anyways if you like you can wait a couple of weeks. Last year they did a cut price discount & free trail during pre season.

^^I was going to wait until closer to the season to purchase since I probably won't get much use now anyways^^

Off-topic: Why the fuck to people post on twitter and facebook where they are. I don't care that you're getting an oil change or at the gym. I understand when you're going to a cool restaurant or going to catch a show, but seriously, you went to Whole Foods to get organic fucking oreos? Gah!

K1LLER7

Madrid will wait for United to help him Develop, he is only 21, then when he's our best player they'll take him from us. Just like Ronaldo :(

Sanchez is probably the best young winger out there IMO.

Salvadora

Madrid will wait for United to help him Develop, he is only 21, then when he's our best player they'll take him from us. Just like Ronaldo :(

You got 80 million. Look at the price we had to let Cesc go for!

Rad-

I called Hazard overhyped last summer. Not sure if I agree with that anymore. This season was amazing for him, he had like what 20 goals and 15 assists in the league this year. And he just turned 21.

Whichever team gets him will definitely improve quite nicely. Though I personally don't like his "superstar" / attention seeker attitude.

faridmon

reports: Everton boss Moyes eyes Kieran Richardson as Baines replacement

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

CMeHml.jpg

PaulLFC

Chelsea have a larger wage bill than City? I am shocked. I'm assuming it's all the old players on stupid high wages. It can't be the new signings like Torres and co, or is it?
I could be wrong, but I'm sure Torres is on something silly like £200,000 a week there. I remember reading that Chelsea offered to double his wages from what he was on with us, how much truth there is to that though I'm not sure. I wouldn't be surprised if it was true to be honest.

Wilbur

Banned

Sanchez is brilliant, yeah. The definition of explosive winger.

You got 80 million. Look at the price we had to let Cesc go for!

80m is a fucking bargain regarding what he's done.

fuenf

From the preview of tomorrows Kicker:

• Kagawa - ManU makes the first offer but its insufficient
  • Heynckes: Yes, i'll stay
  • Robben: No more Bayern?

Wilbur

Banned
From the preview of tomorrows Kicker:

• Kagawa - ManU makes the first offer but its insufficient
  • Heynckes: Yes, i'll stay
  • Robben: No more Bayern?

I don't understand why we're not just bidding 20m for Kagawa, or thereabouts. It's not like he isn't worth it.

What is that supposed to tell me? Did you (dc89) really laugh out loud at that pic and if so why? Or is that a "Lol" as in: "omg, he so close to the other guy, he must be gay"?

Why do I even care?

On Kagawa news. Why you so stingy, SAF? :(

On Robben: hope he stays to stir more shit at Bayern :O

Meier

Dzeko is staying with City.

So Borriello then?

It's early and the transfer window technically hasn't even opened yet. I would be shocked if he was still with City on September 1st. I'd be shocked if he was still at City on July 2nd.

fuenf

Bild:

• Pizarro already had his medical @ Bayern, will sign sometime in June.
  • Bayern isnt interested in Luuk De Jong anymore.
  • Dortmund is offering up to 6m for Schieber, Stuttgart wants 9m
  • Robbens father (agent) refuses to comment on the situation
  • Contento and Petersen want to leave Bayern

edit: nothing about Dzeko so far...

edit: something worrying with regards to the CL Final / Euros; Löw already said that they wont have enough time to train set-pieces. :(

Bild:

• Pizarro already had his medical @ Bayern, will sign sometime in June.
    [*]Bayern isnt interested in Luuk De Jong anymore.
  • Dortmund is offering up to 6m for Schieber, Stuttgart wants 9m
  • Robbens father (agent) refuses to comment on the situation
  • Contento and Petersen want to leave Bayern

edit: nothing about Dzeko so far...

edit: something worrying with regards to the CL Final / Euros; Löw already said that they wont have enough time to train set-pieces. :(

Quick Pardew...ATTACK!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Highest paid manager in Italy now.

apxfh.jpg

Based Conte <3

You guys are probably right on Dzeko, I know it's too early, but it was a statement from his agent :/ (again)

I fucking hate this transfer bollocks.

Arnie

Is AT here? If he's still offering away that XL Liverpool away from a couple of seasons ago I'll gladly take it off his hands. My step dad isn't renewing his Blackburn season ticket because of the Venkys and it's his birthday coming up so I'd like to give him that shirt and say, "look mate, you know where your heart lies."

spidye

What is that supposed to tell me? Did you (dc89) really laugh out loud at that pic and if so why? Or is that a "Lol" as in: "omg, he so close to the other guy, he must be gay"?

it's aguero and de gea. one plays for city and the other for united. I guess that's why he laughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom