• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Hazard to Chelsea is most likely.

Gotta say pretty incredible deal for Chelsea to pull off. How massive that Drogba goal could be for them, no chance of signing Hazard otherwise.

L'Equipe say he'll earn £110k a week, net, so his wage is actually close to £200k. Moneyz.

Bo-Locks

Some funny gossip:

A friend of mine has been engaged for a while and has had a Castle booked in Ireland for nearly two years. A week ago she got a call from the owners asking her if she would be wiling to move the date of the wedding back by a week. They were being very cryptic and so naturally, she declined. The owners told her that there had been a double booking with a very wealthy individual that wanted the Castle on the date that she had booked it. She stood her ground and said that it would be too much hassle to change the date and that she was entitled to the Castle as she had booked it well in advance.

She got a call from the owners a few days ago and they put her in touch with the wealthy guest, which turned out to be Frank Lampard. He was quite polite, understanding and asked her what it would take to move the wedding back. He said that he didn't want to push her into anything, and that she could always go to the papers and sell the story for X amount, but he would prefer it of she didn't. He asked if it would be possible to put all the guests up in a hotel for the interim period. He then asked how much she has on her mortgage, which she told him "£300,000". £400,000 has been deposited into her account. O_O

So yeah, expect a secret Lampard wedding in the next few weeks.

Slizz

Some funny gossip:

A friend of mine has been engaged for a while and has had a Castle booked in Ireland for nearly two years. A week ago she got a call from the owners asking her if she would be wiling to move the date of the wedding back by a week. They were being very cryptic and so naturally, she declined. The owners told her that there had been a double booking with a very wealthy individual that wanted the Castle on the date that she had booked it. She stood her ground and said that it would be too much hassle to change the date and that she was entitled to the Castle as she had booked it well in advance.

She got a call from the owners a few days ago and they put her in touch with the wealthy guest, which turned out to be Frank Lampard. He was quite polite, understanding and asked her what it would take to move the wedding back. He said that he didn't want to push her into anything, and that she could always go to the papers and sell the story for X amount, but he would prefer it of she didn't. He asked if it would be possible to put all the guests up in a hotel for the interim period. He then asked how much she has on her mortgage, which she told him "£300,000". She woke up this morning and £400,000 has been deposited into her account. O_O

Wow pretty damn interesting. Good shit from Fat Frank.

Hixx

The only thing that needs more Evra is a gas chamber.

iSTJN3xNaapz0.gif

Some funny gossip:

She got a call from the owners a few days ago and they put her in touch with the wealthy guest, which turned out to be Frank Lampard. He was quite polite, understanding and asked her what it would take to move the wedding back. He said that he didn't want to push her into anything, and that she could always go to the papers and sell the story for X amount, but he would prefer it of she didn't. He asked if it would be possible to put all the guests up in a hotel for the interim period. He then asked how much she has on her mortgage, which she told him "£300,000". £400,000 has been deposited into her account. O_O

WTF.

Superlamps indeed.

Higuain says he's staying at RM to an Argentine radio station. Good news for RM fans if it turns out to be the case.

Also, they're installing a synthetic pitch at San Siro next week? That true? About time really, San Siro pitch has been a nightmare for years.

Jammy bastards, they've basically been given a free house and £100,000 on top. Also, what kind of people with a mortgage of £300,000 have the money to rent a castle for a wedding?

Jammy bastards, they've basically been given a free house and £100,000 on top. Also, what kind of people with a mortgage of £300,000 have the money to rent a castle for a wedding?

"Left on their mortgage". They could have a £10 million house for all we know.

edit: sorry, not an exact quote (don't know where I got that from) but that's what I read from it.

A few more things from that interview:

He says he doesn't speak English, but he really wants to study/learn it.

He says that he thinks Germany will win the Euros (because Puyol is in bad shape and Torres isn't good), but he says that unlike the Japanese NT, the German national players don't get along so well because of the divide between Bayern and Dortmund players. He says his hope is that second place will be Spain and third will be Poland.

He says Poland will succeed because of the three Polish Dortmund players. Lewandowski is "everywhere, all the time" and "will do it for the team by himself."

His favorite teammate is Hummels. He says hes the best CB in Europe, his passing is super good and his face is totally hot.

And Ribery is very scary and apparently talks a bit of shit. He doesn't fear Robben, even though he's fast and skillful, he always does the same cut in from the right so he's predictable, so he and a FB make sure to pull into the region that he always cuts into from the wing. Ribery, though, if he has the ball, you don't know what to expect since he can do so much.

You should start charging.

Some funny gossip:

This sounds very similar to a story a friend of a friend told me except in that story they had booked a theme park and Beckham wanted to use it for his kid's birthday so paid off their mortgage.

From the little I've seen I think Kagawa is a more consistent player but Hazard definitely has greater potential and is more of a match winner.

Don't know, Kagawa has still to prove he's consistent. He (only) had two good half seasons at us due to injuries. I wouldn't call that consistent. Hummels or Piszczek that's what I'd call consistent.

GorillaJu

Fady K

Hi guys :) The past couple of weeks sucked without footyGAF - really. Feels "emptier" without you guys, no doubt!

As always though, I have to pick up on any unanswered comments from the OT10 and the CL Final thread before I even touch this thread, so basically = a lot of smaller multiquote posts that are easier on the eye than usual. This'll take a while...until then, I wish you all a most pleasant day : ]

If you haven't seen Nick Powell's goal in the Play off final.

Just brilliant!

Apparently Arsenal are trying to steal him away from United a'la Ramsey though. This guy looks a proper talent, technique unlike most English players.

Looks like Hazard to Chelsea is most likely.

Gotta say pretty incredible deal for Chelsea to pull off. How massive that Drogba goal could be for them, no chance of signing Hazard otherwise.

L'Equipe say he'll earn £110k a week, net, so his wage is actually close to £200k. Moneyz.

If both Hulk and Hazard comes... Oh my, the wings are certainly solved for next season then.

He'd be well suited to the wing back role in the PL but is really solid enough of a defender to play RB?

Well if Bosingwa is...

Fintan

Some funny gossip:

The person in this story works with my brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom