• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Kagawa was interviewed in Japan and asked about joining Arsenal.

He refused to answer the question.

Doom merchants go!!!

United have still got a very good chance, Think Kompany will be in his ear while he's with Belgium, trying to get him to City.

If hazard is being serious about playing time/position then he would have signed for man Utd weeks ago.

Playing under probably the greatest manager everin a team that needs a midfielder and fergie is generally very favourable to his big players until he decides he wants rid. Look at rooney and him wanting to leave last season (was it last season?) for a whole 2 days before signing a new deal.

Man city have a lot of players and we're not in a position to guarantee anyone at this stage.

Man Utd would definitely be the best career move he could make.

United have still got a very good chance, Think Kompany will be in his ear while he's with Belgium, trying to get him to City.

Can't fabregas play a false 9 role for Spain

Yes, but Negredo will be the starting striker.

Oh man, I'm watching the ascension match of Real Madrid Castilla and Florentino is there.

He looks very, very depressed :(

spidye

Spain final 23:

Goalkeepers: Casillas, Valdés y Reina.
Defenders: Arbeloa, Juanfran, Ramos, Piqué, Albiol, Javi Martínez y Jordi Alba.
Midfield: Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Cazorla, Silva, Mata, Cesc, Pedro y Navas.
Strikers: Llorente, Torres y Negredo.

Negredo instead of Adrian? Albiol? Oh you Del Bosque...

my dream team

------------casillas-------------
ramos--pique--martinez--alba
----------busquets-------------
-----alonso-------xavi---------
--iniesta----------------silva---
-------------llorente------------

Clegg

I assume it just means that Arsenal have been in contact with Kagawas agent. Thats not a problem imo. You'd expect other clubs to be in for him.

A problem will occur if Arsenal somehow outbid us though. Heads will roll.

pappe

my dream team

ramos--pique--martinez--alba
-------------llorente------------
That is just unfair to the other teams. It's like Del Bosque is playing FM in real life.

GorillaJu

Who do you guys follow on Twitter for transfer bullshit? I only have Liverpool fans on mine and they're slowly becoming more intolerable.

pappe

I assume it just means that Arsenal have been in contact with Kagawas agent. Thats not a problem imo. You'd expect other clubs to be in for him.

A problem will occur if Arsenal somehow outbid us though. Heads will roll.
If Arsenal and Wenger really outbid us, we all should be really really really worried.

This will be the stating XI

arbeloa--pique--ramos--alba
-------------negredo------------

Arnie

Who do you guys follow on Twitter for transfer bullshit? I only have Liverpool fans on mine and they're slowly becoming more intolerable.

For Liverpool I follow both Tony's at the Times, Rory Smith, Duncan Jenkins (not a journalist per se, but he's got a good source inside the club) and a few BBC people. Most of the stuff from others gets retweeted by these if it's accurate anyway. Oh, and Jim Boardman. He's a must.

Yen

For Liverpool I follow both Tony's at the Times, Rory Smith, Duncan Jenkins (not a journalist per se, but he's got a good source inside the club) and a few BBC people. Most of the stuff from others gets retweeted by these if it's accurate anyway. Oh, and Jim Boardman. He's a must.

I follow all those and the Anfield Wrap guys aswell. Andy Heaton, Roy Henderson, "rushian"
Duncan Jenkins is great.

If Carrick feels he's better than the standby squad then fuck him. As much as I rate him, and I'd have probably taken him over Barry, it's not like the decision was an obvious one. It's not like how England treated Scholes, Carrick's nowhere near that level. People make the cut, people don't. I'd have taken Richards over Jones as well. It's not as cut and dry as some of you are making out, it's opinion, and Hodgson has a greater understanding of the person behind the player as well.

If anyone's bemoaning Henderson potentially going to the Euros, and I don't blame you, direct your scorn at Carrick for feeling entitled to an automatic England place in our most competitive position.

EDIT: And I see the post above me demonstrates a complete lack of rational thought.

He still should have been called out.

Carrick didn't pull out of the team for these Euro's, it was a while ago as he didn't like the idea of being a bit-part player in England teams even though he was called up

I'm pretty sure he will be a bench warmer next season after mou buys a proper rb.
I'm sorry but solid doesn't cut it anymore. ;)

It may not cut if for Real Madrid, but for Spain he sure fits. Silva or Navas can manage the right attacking side so Arbeloa can only care about defending.

bjaelke

Just got back from Hamborg. Lovely city and stadium. Too bad the same can't be said about what happened on the pitch. I want to blame the weather (it was extremely hot on our side of the stands) but we all know that wasn't the case. We'll get murdered at the tournament next month if we continue to play like that.

Arnie

He still should have been called out.

Carrick didn't pull out of the team for these Euro's, it was a while ago as he didn't like the idea of being a bit-part player in England teams even though he was called up

Who should've been called out, Roy?

If Carrick pulled out of the national team a while ago then why is everyone getting all humped up about his absence now? Carrick throwing his dummy out of the pram for not being an automatic starter in this midfield is fairly ridiculous. As I said, knowing that I'm not surprised Hodgson didn't pick him; if the lad doesn't want to try then fuck him.

And before Kermit sends me an aggressive tweet, yes, I did just invent the phrase 'humped up'.

Oxx

Kagawa was interviewed in Japan and asked about joining Arsenal.

He refused to answer the question.

Doom merchants go!!!

We have become so used to Hazard's attention-seeking that a player being respectful to all parties seems like the strange one.

Portada_AS_27_mayo.jpg

It seems that the situation has cooled down and there are many chances of Pipita staying :DDDDD

GorillaJu

Clegg must be talking about this interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eskgFPZ7VN0&feature=youtu.be

First he talks about the possible United transfer. Kagawa says he hasn't decided where he's going to go, so he can't make any comments about it. Then the interviewer asks Kagawa a lot about his talk with Ferguson. He says that Ferguson said it would be a big challenge, and he wants to believe in him. Said he felt honored/happy to be praised like that. It goes on for a long time.

Then the interviewer asks about Arsenal and Kagawa says "Oh yeah, about that... Let's talk about the Euros"

At one point the interviewer asked "so Ferguson has a pretty red face, right?" and Kagawa says "Oh yeah. It's red."

Wilbur

Banned
How will your heart feel when we reveal Gaitan as our blockbuster summer signing for a fee that was higher than Kagawas asking price?

Viva and I have already planned to burn Old Trafford to the ground if the Kagawa deal falls through, you're welcome to join.

Non-United fans aren't allowed to just burn it down with no Kagawa motive though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom