• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
I think he'll become one of the best footballers around. Can't figure out why no one other than Bayern went for him. Or maybe they did, I don't know.

I'm pretty sure there were other offers, but having so many former Bayern coaches/players around him (Heiko Vogel, Fink, Ottmar Hitzfeld) he had to go to Bayern!

Still, he's some kind of gamble, coming from a small league. But I think he's pretty talented and should be able to do very well in Bayern.

Labadal

This sounds brilliant, must be so rewarding.

It was great, though my throat does not agree. I was only coaching kids and was nervous as hell. Can't even imagine how a coach for a big team feels. I probably embarrassed myself a little. I'm not one of those that goes like this: Yay, well done sweetie.

I was more like: PASS THE BALL, GET BACK, MARK THEIR ATTACKER! I never used a swear word, and I had a hard time holding back. I've promised myself to never, ever use bad words infront of them.

Edit: That was ice cold, Yenrot.

Fady K

Happy belated bday elseanio :)

THANKS FOR ALL THE GIFS WOODENLUNG. You rock man. This one had me laughing my ass off! Look at his kids (?)!

ixJQ2rWLL572L.gif

Unanswered comments from OT10 (my God I'm late)

dc89 said:
Good to hear you finished it. I can't bring myself round to play ME3 for some reason. I must play the Dead Space games, never have!

But atm I really want to try and play some Dark Souls or something. Never played that either!

Have you been able to get into ME3 since? ME2 was truly a gem of a game. The first Dead Space was very good IMO - don't expect a scary game, because it doesn't excel in that area. It is, however, a very solid action-horror game with a great presentation and a pretty good setting for a space horror game!

I heard nothing but good things about Dark Souls, some consider it GOTY-material :0

dc89 said:
:O Alien Anthology Blu-Ray box set Is £9.99 on Play with free delivery.

Perfect way to prepare for Prometheus I guess, even of you are to just watch Alien and Aliens.

The A.A. is just an insane piece of entertainment. 60 hours of stuff to see. 60. hours. Great packaging too.

Salazar said:
Fady will be apprehensive. Bless him.

Bless you too man. I was thinking before the final that without Ramires, Ivanovic and Terry - despite his horrible dip lately - it would be absolutely impossible for a win. I would have agreed with what Ushojax said; you know me well, basically.

Yurt said:
Sure :D

Fady was very supportive :p So, thanks again, Fady!

It is my pleasure bro :)! Anytime you have any questions that I can help answer, let me know. I hope you have a good time in Kuwait. Brace yourself for a very hot summer, but beyond that you will start to love the weather in the gulf :)

Awesome Animals said:
Enjoy the Champions League match guys. Good luck to fans of both sides. Antioch, Blablurn, elsk, Fry8, Hasphat'sAnts, Hieberrr, Nemic77, spidye, Fintan, flintstryker, Gaaraz, GQman2121, Help Me!, JWong, Kylehimself, PrematureQuiche, SenorDingDong, steverulez, xintin, Outsanity, TrueBlue, Woodenlung, and of course FadyK. I'm sorry for anyone I forgot, but I wish you all the best!

I know I'm wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy late but thanks for the good luck message man!

I have a good feeling about Chelsea tonight...

DO IT FOR FADY!

Man, thank you very much for all that. I noticed it all over the CL Final thread as well, much love bro :)! I really appreciate it!

Scum said:
BTW, where's Fady at?

Hey bro :) At the advertising agency I work for, we have been launching some big campaigns recently, would only have 3-4 hours of free time all day (excluding sleep) and I could barely get a minute on gaf!

Feorax said:
Congrats Chelsea GAF, Fady, Kyle and the rest, it all comes together in the end. I know your joy, and know you'd share it with the world if you could.

Thank you kindly Feorax, I hope you and the liverpool fans here will be happy with your new manager once they appoint him.

Clegg said:
I find it funny that the worse Torres gets, the more trophies he wins. He was diabolical in the world cup yet Spain still won and now he's won a champions league with Chelsea.

It's funny how these things can happen. He was possibly the best striker on the planet for a few years with Liverpool. And he won absolutely nothing with them.

The thing is I really felt like Torres was easily among the top Chelsea players since AVB left. Chelsea's performance changed quite a bit when he came on in the final, and it was he who won us the only corner that Drogba scored from.

Regulus Tera said:
elsk

Blablurn

:( I'm sorry.

Fady K: Congrats! :D

Thank you very much bro :)! Good luck with the Copa Libertadores!

Oxx said:
Robben and Torres were both pretty cowardly.

That's not true man, Torres actually wanted to take a penalty, but he was not selected. It even showed on camera when he wasn't happy with RDM's decision. As for Robben, I can understand, must be very tough for him after missing that penalty.

Jeff Albertson said:
In Steve Keans crunch talks with the owners in India he recommended his pr guy for a place on the board

The local journo just tweeted he has confirmed the position in an interview he did with him and it makes Kean have even more influence

Corrupt cunts can fuck off

RIP Blackburn Rovers I'll miss you old friend

Can't imagine how you must feel...so sorry your club went through all this over the season. I was hoping he'd get fired in India instead. You'd think after relegating the team they'd have kicked him off.

Back from a lovely weekend for my brothers 21st. Fucking glorious weather, can't wait for the Socceraid thing, they're always a good laugh :D

I hope Kenny's team loses.

PaulLFC

Just realised it's bank holiday weekend next Monday and Tuesday when E3's on. I was thinking I might have to miss some of the conferences with work.

Happy belated bday elseanio :)

THANKS FOR ALL THE GIFS WOODENLUNG. You rock man. This one had me laughing my ass off! Look at his kids (?)!

No problem. Was going to write to you on PSN yesterday and demand you to return to GAF, but you went offline just when I was about to. :p

That kid to the right is at least his son, Arkady. He was the one Abramovic was trying to buy Copenhagen for last season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well, today the team I was coaching played in the cup I mentioned in a post in one of the other OT's. The kids are 11-12 years old. We didn't win it, but I'm still proud of them. We won the match for third place, so the kids were still sort of happy. There were 26 teams from different schools participating, so I'm happy we got this far. In the group stages we scored 16 goals and conceded 4, winning four games and losing one. We did well until the semi finals, losing 4-0. That score broke my heart, but I didn't show it. I kept cheering the kids on. Another class from our school reached the final, so we cheered them on. They then went and won it. After the cup, the kids from our classes celebrated together. The two teams in the final were much better than the other teams, because they have a lot of talented kids who play in actual football teams. Most kids and the adults who cared had already predicted the two teams in the final. They were undefeated before the deciding match.

Sounds like attacking football to me :p

Next year, show them tapes of Greece and Stoke! Guaranteed titles.

So I guess even People Mag talk football transfer rumors in England? Or maybe there's no relation.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/footb...e-with-city-over-eden-hazard-102039-23875651/

Interesting, I hadn't heard that Chelsea were interested in Willian. He's great in Football Manager but he hasn't done much in real life, has he?

We were linked with Willian in January and Shakhtar even made a statement about our bid and saying we had to bid more (on their official website I think).

Yen

Hello to Jason Issacs, who's on SoccerAid. Awake is pretty good, only three episodes in, pity it was cancelled.

PaulLFC

Got to see barely any of the England game yesterday, had a massive argument with someone about Andy Carroll. How did he do?
Quite well I thought. Had a good chance to score early on, won pretty much every ball he competed for and showed some decent touches here and there.

Meier

We were linked with Willian in January and Shakhtar even made a statement about our bid and saying we had to bid more (on their official website I think).

I can't see any reason why you'd sign Willian over Hulk.. it's not like the cost difference is going to make a huge difference to Roman I'd imagine.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mexico versus Wales: Corona; Meza; Rodríguez; Moreno; Salcido; Pérez; Zavala; Andrade; Barrera; Dos Santos, and De Nigris

No Rafa Márquez? Surprised about that, but I'm actually happy too. Dude is getting old.

We will finally see Gio as a winger again.

I can't see any reason why you'd sign Willian over Hulk.. it's not like the cost difference is going to make a huge difference to Roman I'd imagine.

Well I would have thought Willian would have been played in the middle and Hulk will still be on the right, although I don't know a whole lot about Willian tbh.

Roy Keane looked proper fucked off earlier when Dalglish was reading his name on the team sheet. Having said that, Roy Keane always looks proper fucked off.

Man Dalglish's team talk was fucking boring. If that's how he did it at Liverpool it's no wonder they struggled to preform!

I hope Keano puts some crunching tackles in on the JLS boys.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pescara: Serie B Champions!
gDWG3.png

LOL TORINO

Can't afford a bus? No problem
cnpe9.gif

MTNoF.jpg

Ciro Immobile. 28 goals! co-owned by Juve.
TOVtR.jpg

I assume he's wearing something under there

Verratti. His heart is fully owned by Juve. <3
mbxqs.jpg

elsk

Banned
Verratti is staying another season with Pescara then? It would make sense to see him in first division before buying, also you guys are full in the midfield department :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Verratti is staying another season with Pescara then? It would make sense to see him in first division before buying, also you guys are full in the midfield department :p

It does make sense, unfortunately.

But we're working on buying him/his half and then sending him back to Pescara on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom