• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Wikipedia said:
ChuckleVision is now the UKs longest running current "sitcom", since Last of the Summer Wine was cancelled in 2010

This sounds like something Holly tells Dave when he brings him out of stasis. What the fuck.

LegoArmo

I swear Crewe have a Klingon playing for them.

Edit: You guys are meant to be posting fast enough that my inane ramblings don't create double posts!

LegoArmo

Do the FA allow extraterrestrial signings as part of their foreign quota?

I guess so.

ByronMoore_1077167.jpg

I'm thinking of travelling to the Chelsea v MLS All-Stars in Philidelphia but I was wondering if players such as Beckham, Donavon, Henry and the likes will be their? Also what was that all star game in Miami with Messi and Neymar? might see if I can go see that ahah

Yen

Think this is one where he really is more likely to end up at Arsenal. They invited Crewe to trail at Colney for today's game and I'm pretty sure they have firm interest in Powell. Would get more playing time there aswell. Probably will offer him more money too.

At least you are getting Gaitan...

rodvik

Spain final 23:

Goalkeepers: Casillas, Valdés y Reina.
Defenders: Arbeloa, Juanfran, Ramos, Piqué, Albiol, Javi Martínez y Jordi Alba.
Midfield: Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Cazorla, Silva, Mata, Cesc, Pedro y Navas.
Strikers: Llorente, Torres y Negredo.

Negredo instead of Adrian? Albiol? Oh you Del Bosque...

The Spain squad is just ridiculous compared to England.

Sweet Jesus. To see them laid out like that.

In the spirit of grasping at straws I am going to change the bar for Spain. Now its not enough that they win it. I will dub them a failure if they concede a single goal.

Take THAT best international squad.

Wilbur

Banned
Sweet Jesus. To see them laid out like that.

In the spirit of grasping at straws I am going to change the bar for Spain. Now its not enough that they win it. I will dub them a failure if they concede a single goal.

Take THAT best international squad.

You think a defence with half brains like Ramos and Piqué won't concede a goal?

Maybe he does?

doicare

Thought it was a Clegg alt

rodvik

You think a defence with half brains like Ramos and Piqué won't concede a goal?

I am going for the weak point mate. Its our only chance.

I suppose the other thing we can take from it is everyone who plays Spain will play 9 men behind the ball and just stifle them for 90 minutes hoping for a lucky break.

Which is a bit of a shame, that Spain team could provide some amazing moments if other teams went at them.

Feorax

Apparently we're talking to the agent of Ryad Boudebouz. Seems decent from the youtube scouting ive done, and should be fairly cheap. Anyone seen much of this guy? Worth a punt?

rodvik

So many Manchester families must have City & United fans under one roof. Could be quite tense.

Not sure how much it would happen, at least in Birmingham Villa/City supporters tend to be by street or full family. I dont know of many split families.

Liverpool/Everton would be interesting to ask.

Also >please insert Man United is a London cub joke here<

Lightning

Banned
Sucks that most of the transfer dealings will be done after the euros. I hope France get knocked out real early and that their players don't perform well. That will make them easier to poach after the tournament. Lol

Meier

So I guess even People Mag talk football transfer rumors in England? Or maybe there's no relation.

MANCHESTER UNITED will be forced to match wages of £155,000 a week if they are to keep Eden Hazard from the clutches of rivals Manchester City.

New Premier League kings City have offered the 21-year-old Belgian star a staggering £8million-a-year deal and it's believed Chelsea, currently without a permanent manager, are prepared to dangle a similar package as they contemplate life after Didier Drogba.

All three clubs have agreed to meet Lille's £32m asking price but City have thrown down the gauntlet by offering the young star an astronomical salary that could net him £40m over four years once bonuses are included.
If Fergie misses out on Hazard, he may switch his attention to Borussia Dortmund's Japanese star Shinji Kagawa, French youngster Yann M'Vila at Rennes, and AC Milan's former Tottenham star Kevin Prince Boateng.

Chelsea will look to Shakhtar Donetsk winger Willian if they miss out on Hazard.

The Blues have been on the Brazilian's trail for months and are expected to make an £18m bid.
http://www.people.co.uk/sport/footb...e-with-city-over-eden-hazard-102039-23875651/

Interesting, I hadn't heard that Chelsea were interested in Willian. He's great in Football Manager but he hasn't done much in real life, has he?

Salvadora

Sucks that most of the transfer dealings will be done after the euros. I hope France get knocked out real early and that their players don't perform well. That will make them easier to poach after the tournament. Lol

Its good that we got the Podolski deal sorted but I would've liked more to be honest. It probably doesn't help that players like M'Vila are wanting to wait until after the Euros.

Labadal

Well, today the team I was coaching played in the cup I mentioned in a post in one of the other OT's. The kids are 11-12 years old. We didn't win it, but I'm still proud of them. We won the match for third place, so the kids were still sort of happy. There were 26 teams from different schools participating, so I'm happy we got this far. In the group stages we scored 16 goals and conceded 4, winning four games and losing one. We did well until the semi finals, losing 4-0. That score broke my heart, but I didn't show it. I kept cheering the kids on. Another class from our school reached the final, so we cheered them on. They then went and won it. After the cup, the kids from our classes celebrated together. The two teams in the final were much better than the other teams, because they have a lot of talented kids who play in actual football teams. Most kids and the adults who cared had already predicted the two teams in the final. They were undefeated before the deciding match.

It was a great day, and I had a lot of fun. It was especially fun to see the kids so happy. Had I not coached them, they would not have been allowed to play. There's always a parent who has to be coach and take responsibility, but no one wanted to. This meant the kids weren't allowed to play. I saw how heartbroken they were when they got the news, and I almost cried when I watched their reaction. They begged me to do something about it. After some complaining to the organisors, they accepted me as coach. The reaction when the kids found out I was going to coach them was priceless. Again I was about to cry, manly tears of joy. They were jumping up and down, hugging eachother, humping my legs, etc. This is why working with these children can be so great at times. Despite the troubles they have at times, it is moments like these that makes me remember that they are still kids and need as much happiness they can get. If I'm a reason for them being happy, I won't complain.

Andy Carroll rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom