• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashes

Banned
It's ma 2nd birthday!*

And my sister's, and my niece's. But Let's forget that shall we.

Apparently, it's Cheryl Cole's birthday too, so here's a gift to gaf:

Cheryl+Cole+in+bikini+photo+7_htm.jpg

I have 2. Don't ask. It's a clerical error, and I kept both, rather then me being Royalty.

Lightning

Banned
I want to see some friendly games and for RVP to put back on that Arsenal shirt and score. I also want to see Giroud in action for Arsenal.

kitch9

Banned
I don't understand how "cunt" can be considered extremely sexist. Is calling someone a "cock" or a "dick" considered extremely sexist? What about "tit"?

Us British don't appear to put the word on a pedestal like some others do.

At the end of the day calling someone a vagina doesn't have the same ring to it as calling them a cunt, so I'll reserve the use of it for those special occasions.

Getting closer to . . . oh. Club friendlies.

sigh.

Chance to see Kagawa, Powell, Clev-God, at least.

Fergie said he isn't going to play anyone who played in an international competition. But I doubt that's the case. They will probably just miss the first half of the preseason like Chicha was going to until he had that concussion.

GorillaJu

when I see that picture, she looks instantly unattractive to me because I imagine her a few years down the line where that fashionably tanned skin has turned into a wrinkly leathery mess.

Lightning

Banned
English media really winds me up. Wlishere hasn't kicked a ball in a year but rather than letting the player gain fitness and ease his way back into the game they are piling the pressure on him. We have no idea what the long term damage this lay off has had on him, how he will respond as a player, whether he will become injury prone, suffer from inconsistent performances etc... so the England chatter really needs to stop until he proves himself which he has yet to do.

dc89

Paolo Bandini had a word with Mario's mum.

"Mario hugged me and started to cry. Mario does not cry that easy, last time was because of Mourinho. It's not often Mario hugs me infront of many people, like all boys he usaully gets embarassed. He asked me for a present: to bring his dad to Kiev. I went back to Italy, on Sunday we will be in Kiev together."

"He explained why he took his shirt off. He said 'I am sick of being criticized for not celebrating. So I did something'"

"Prandelli is a good person. He has taught Mario many things so I called him today to say thank you."

@Paolo_Bandini

Hixx

Euro 2020 is going to be hosted in 12 cities across the continent?

So much will be lost if they do this. Stupid.

Clegg

I imagine that drug use in football isn't that uncommon.

Top level footballers are young, make tons of money and have people fawning over their every desires.

LegoArmo

That was probably just a silly rumour. There was that documentary on Channel 4, though, that I think claimed the FA will pass off drug bans to key players as long term injuries. I wouldn't find that too hard to believe.

That was probably just a silly rumour. There was that documentary on Channel 4, though, that I think claimed the FA will pass off drug bans to key players as long term injuries. I wouldn't find that too hard to believe.
Wilshere's injuries over the past 12 months have been quite strange to say the least.

jtb

Banned
Wow, Mourinho made Balotelli cry... (Presumably because he left, I guess?)

Is there anything this man cannot do?

Edit: and I'm perfectly ready to believe wilshere's really injured. Its a typical Arsene horror show; overplay a young player, watch them get injured, have a mysterious "miraculous recovery" only to rush player back without full rehabilitation and get them injured again. Just this time its happening over the scale of a year, not a couple months.

Clegg

Tbf that was a bit different cos he did miss his test. Still made an example out of him, mind.

I think the ban given was disproportionate to the crime.

Wilshere has picked up a lot of injuries over the last year.

Either has was caught taking drugs or he's on his way into becoming Owen Hargreaves.

GorillaJu

If only K-pop idols had any semblance of musculature on their bodies, they could kick a ball like that, then you could make some gifs and you'd never have a reason to put your pants on again.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Prandelli "I knew we would go far back when we were at Coverciano and players asked me to extend training, to keep going over our movements"

-

Benitez "It is easy to overlook the way that if Pirlo is being controlled, De Rossi will drop deep, to receive the ball and dictate play.

In short, if you control Pirlo, Italy will find others who will play. It looks likely to be a fascinating final. The wide areas are the key."

Dammit! Someone figured it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom