• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony V is gonna son Baines in training next season.

1608nid.jpg

Edit - Oh, tinypic isn't allowed, didn't know that :(

Salazar

Bale withdraws from Olympics team with injury. Posted ?

The Tottenham Hotspur midfielder is understood to have aggravated an old injury to his back and hip area while on a training run to stay fit for the Games

ATF487

1. Cold Pizza is sometimes better than hot pizza, depends on the way the crust works I think
2. Vegetarian stuff is fantastic. Not everything needs meat in it
3. Those vietnamese rolls gave me a food boner. The local vietnamese place lets you bring your own bottle of wine, have to take advantage of that soon.

Arnie

I've got to be up at 6 but I can't sleep. Getting a lift back to Sheffield to move to a new student house, I'm going to be dead to the world in the car.

I can't wait to go back to Shef in August.

Naaa, Newcastle man! Just got a few friends who are at Uni down there so we've been down a few times. Had some fucking crazy nights out in Shef. Girls aren't half bad either :D

I dunno if I'd meet Willkiller irl. He likes to slap men with his cock...

That was one time! And as I said...it hurt :(

What if he is as hot as Cavani?

Kyoufu already knows what I look like!

I wanna know what Kyoufu looks like.

Defo check out Behest btw, they do awesome Chello Kebab and it's not expensive either. Alounak in Bayswater is good too.

Don't do this.

"Cunt" is an extremely sexist and offensive slur for a vagina. When you use it to refer to someone or something you do not like, you are implicitly insulting all of the women on this board for their sex. That is unacceptable. I realize that this word does not have the same taboo in other English-speaking countries as it has in the United States, but that is not an excuse for using it.

This term is pervasive in football threads on GAF, and while that might have given some posters the impression that either it was acceptable generally or acceptable within these threads, that is not the case. The TOS specifically states that, "Sexual, racial, or ethnic slurs will not be tolerated in any form and are bannable on the first offense."

Oh fuck.

We're doomed.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED

Kyoufu

I wanna know what Kyoufu looks like.

Defo check out Behest btw, they do awesome Chello Kebab and it's not expensive either. Alounak in Bayswater is good too.

Haha maybe when I get my new phone.

Will def go to Behesht. I'm dying for Chelo Kabob and other Persian goodness.

Need to go to a proper Indian place too.

Oh fuck.

We're doomed.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED

Literally never heard cunt used in a misogynistic way ever.

Is Mumei saying we're allowed to use it in Football threads or no? I haven't used the word in a while but I'm sure once club football is back on I'll be itching to...

And yeah, we don't use it that way ever.

FootballFan

From the Euro thread.

Don't do this.

"Cunt" is an extremely sexist and offensive slur for a vagina. When you use it to refer to someone or something you do not like, you are implicitly insulting all of the women on this board for their sex. That is unacceptable. I realize that this word does not have the same taboo in other English-speaking countries as it has in the United States, but that is not an excuse for using it.

This term is pervasive in football threads on GAF, and while that might have given some posters the impression that either it was acceptable generally or acceptable within these threads, that is not the case. The TOS specifically states that, "Sexual, racial, or ethnic slurs will not be tolerated in any form and are bannable on the first offense."

I don't use the C word a lot(at all really) but does this mean saying things like 'omg that ref is a "dick", "cock", "prick" is also bannable ?

Arnie

Naaa, Newcastle man! Just got a few friends who are at Uni down there so we've been down a few times. Had some fucking crazy nights out in Shef. Girls aren't half bad either :D
Sweet. I do love Sheffield.
I've heard Danny Dyer use it in such a way, the lad.

It's probably not widely adopted in such a context because ultimately, it's what men want most. It's like a heterosexual woman calling someone a 'big dick'.

Same. I actually hear it more in a positive way than a negative way...if that makes sense...

Americans. First they call it soccer. Now we can't use our favourite insults?

Taking the piss.
Just for you Morsel, just for you.

Haha maybe when I get my new phone.

Will def go to Behesht. I'm dying for Chelo Kabob and other Persian goodness.

Need to go to a proper Indian place too.
Try Tayyabs in East London. It's nice. Very popular though, the wait can get a bit ridiculous. Great food though. Quite easy to find good Indian food around London, even easier up north, literally places everywhere.

I don't understand how "cunt" can be considered extremely sexist. Is calling someone a "cock" or a "dick" considered extremely sexist? What about "tit"?

Fry

Me, Kyoufou and Verano have been using 'coño' for a while. All you guys should. It'll take a while until the mods know the meaning of it.

:p JK, don't ban me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom