• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Yay!!!! Here's the press release!

via AVFC.co.uk

All sounds very good. The ITK who got the player and date right a while back says the next 10 days will be big for Villa. There is already talk of us taking Yacine Brahimi from Stade Rennais, perhaps on loan, who is a decent young attacking midfielder and winger (judging by my FM game when I managed them).

All sounds very good. The ITK who got the player and date right a while back says the next 10 days will be big for Villa. There is already talk of us taking Yacine Brahimi from Stade Rennais, perhaps on loan, who is a decent young attacking midfielder and winger (judging by my FM game when I managed them).

I know Brahimi from FIFA. lol Does this ITKer have a twitter handle I can check out. Do you?

Wes

venison crêpe
I know Brahimi from FIFA. lol Does this ITKer have a twitter handle I can check out. Do you?

I barely use Facebook, I have no interest in Twitter - but it's an interesting place to gather news from unofficial sources for sure.

@INCOGNITOAVFC for Villa stuff and ITK_TRANSFER for general league news are the current flavours of the month ITK wise, but like any self proclaimed ITK, gets things wrong.

I barely use Facebook, I have no interest in Twitter - but it's an interesting place to gather news from unofficial sources for sure.

@INCOGNITOAVFC for Villa stuff and ITK_TRANSFER for general league news are the current flavours of the month ITK wise, but like any self proclaimed ITK, gets things wrong.

Sweet, thanks! Although, we could always use your presence in the twittersphere.

Something us England supporters have heard too much from figures in the media and senior figures in the FA:

'When you look at Spain's youth set-up, their style of play is taught at the age of 6/7/8. They're youth champions at U19, U21 level, so its definitely something we should start looking at in the future.'

In the future? In the fucking future? Look at it now you useless gang of
ibnYgO2KdQ3Hsn.gif
s

Team GB Squad:

Allen (Swa) Bellamy (Liv) Bertrand (Che) Butland (Bir) Caulker (Tot) Cleverley (MU) Cork (Soton) Dawson (WBA) Giggs (MU) Ramsey (Ars) Richards (MC) Rose (Tot) Sinclair (Swa) Sordell (Bol) Steele (Mid) Sturridge (Che) Taylor (Swa) Tomkins (WHU).

edit: No Scottish or NI players

deGod

What is the story with newco rangers? I mean in relation to not being in the SPL the rumour is they will be in league 1, but if they are a new club should they not be in league 3?

Wes

venison crêpe
What is the story with newco rangers? I mean in relation to not being in the SPL the rumour is they will be in league 1, but if they are a new club should they not be in league 3?

My understanding is that they had the opportunity to ask everyone in the SPL if they would allow Rangers back. Over half said no.

So then they ask the teams in League 1... pretty sure half of them are going to say no too.

As a result they'll likely end up in League 3 or they'll try to get in to the English system somehow.

Some of that's probably wrong but it's how I understand it.

Carbonox

Thiago Silva has signed a new contract with AC Milan.

Roma have signed the 'next Roberto Carlos' in an LB named...ahahahaha...Dodo.

Meier

Apparently Dodo was linked to Man U back in 2010 but that obviously didn't happen. I know City were mentioned as being interested in Dede recently although I haven't heard much about it in general.

€6m per year until 2017, slightly better than what he earned previously (4.5m iirc). I guess he'll stay with us for at least one more year, I can see him leaving next summer for 35-40m, just like what happened with Kakà.

We've also signed Hachim Mastour, 14 year old AMC.

Feorax

Congratz marshmallow! My brother got his results today from Liverpool Uni. He got a 2:1 in politics.

The next step is to enjoy a few months of freedom. No point rushing into anything new just yet ;).

Carbonox

Apparently Dodo was linked to Man U back in 2010 but that obviously didn't happen. I know City were mentioned as being interested in Dede recently although I haven't heard much about it in general.

I might build a team in FIFA comprising of Dede, Dodo, Bebe and others (are there others? Kaka counts). Saying their names out loud one after the other sounds like baby speech.

derExperte

Gladbach will finish higher than Bayern.

Actually if it wasn't for the fact that Bayern hasn't won a title in a (relatively speaking) long while I would have no problem with Gladbach as Meister.

Sammer is so ambitious that he'd complain about the performance even if his team won the treble.

That's the spirit we need.

A great shame for DFB, though. Now they only have people who have a hard-on for losing beautifully.

Every time he was on tv as an expert for Sky last season I got the impression that he has loads of pent up energy and passion without a valve to let it out in his day-to-day job. Was only waiting for the news that he'll take over a team as coach but this is close enough. And I like that the Bayern-management stepped out of their comfort zone and hired someone that will definitely confront them if necessary, something that I don't think Nerlinger was capable of.

Fabio joins QPR on loan, confirmed.

AwzpZ5iCEAI6X_9.jpg

He looks delighted.

Look at his eyes. That's the look of a man thinking 'From Manchester United, playing under possibly the best manager of all time, to Queens Park fucking Rangers, playing under Mark Hughes and hanging around with Joey Barton for 3 hours a day. And all I had to do was be better than Evra.'

Look at his eyes. That's the look of a man thinking 'From Manchester United, playing under possibly the best manager of all time, to Queens Park fucking Rangers, playing under Mark Hughes and hanging around with Joey Barton for 3 hours a day. And all I had to do was be better than Evra.'
As I said, delighted, he probably can't believe it.

dc89

...which is really not that hard.

Ashes

Banned
Fabio joins QPR on loan, confirmed.

AwzpZ5iCEAI6X_9.jpg

"They told me Beckham improved on loan. And that I needed more first team action. And that I would get that at QPR. Cleverly said his loan period for other clubs was good for him. Wellbeck said the same thing, and look at Wellbeck now in the Euros. I'm happy. I'm.. I am happy... "

Is Evra gonna be replaced this summer? That's what, 2 and a hald years of poor form from him?
I really don't know. There are alot of rumours we are interested in Baines and it does seem genuine...whether we will buy him or not, I don't know.

I just don't understand why Fabio hasn't been given a chance. Evra was so poor at times last season.

Ashes

Banned
I really don't know. There are alot of rumours we are interested in Baines and it does seem genuine...whether we will buy him or not, I don't know.

I just don't understand why Fabio hasn't been given a chance. Evra was so poor at times last season.

We were suffering in the defensive department last season pretty woefully. And I think it could be argued that the lack of experience wasn't helping matters. And Evra, being club captain, brought in that wealth of experience.

I think Fergie can see what we all see though, and that is why we're going in for Baines. We don't need a young gun, we got that in Fabio, we need a stop-gap filler. And Baines is pretty good.

It'd be trouble for the other twin though, if he were sent out on loan.

sohois

Team GB Squad:

Allen (Swa) Bellamy (Liv) Bertrand (Che) Butland (Bir) Caulker (Tot) Cleverley (MU) Cork (Soton) Dawson (WBA) Giggs (MU) Ramsey (Ars) Richards (MC) Rose (Tot) Sinclair (Swa) Sordell (Bol) Steele (Mid) Sturridge (Che) Taylor (Swa) Tomkins (WHU).

edit: No Scottish or NI players

I went to primary school with Jack Cork (Soton). He was in the year above me. For some reason I went round his house once with my brother, and then his dad, who was manager of some League 1 side at the time, took us home. I don't have any opinion on the squad, just thought I'd share my claim to football fame.

That being said, I never did rate Cork. That was probably to do with the fact that he was 11 and i was 10 at the time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom