• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, first two games aside, you wouldn't have known he was sulking last season. It's not like he's staying at Wolves or something, Spurs are 4th. If we get some good players in ASAP he might not get too pissy.
Know what you're saying but I think his mind is made up and he wants to go somewhere more glamorous now. Still a good season last time out but eventually a player who wants away will become more trouble than he's worth.

Spurs may well hold onto him but at this point I think you're betting off cashing in, if you can, and getting somebody who wants to be there in under the new boss.

operon

Finally after spending all morning on the ticket site, managed to get tickets to see Liverpool play a friendly against Crusaders FC at Ravenhill

Yen

Finally after spending all morning on the ticket site, managed to get tickets to see Liverpool play a friendly against Crusaders FC at Ravenhill

It'll probably be reserves but will still be good. Expect Sterling, Suso and maybe Joao Carlos.

fuenf

And the press release: http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/de/aktuell/news/2012/35583.php

Matthias Sammer (in) Christian Nerlinger (out)

Irreconcilable differences between Nerlinger and Bayern about the future concept. Decision to part ways was made shortly after the end of last season. Sammer will also receive a seat on the Board of the club. (not really sure about the last part but "Sport Vorstand" / „Vorstand für Lizenzspielerangelegenheiten“ should mean just that)

faridmon

What a game by Spain last night. They controlled the game from start to finish and their passes were just wonderful. How the hell can 11 men pass so accurately most of the time? They just blew Italy out of the water. Italy were great this tournament and the lads should be encouraged by the way the played and showed that Italy can play attractive football as well. Balottelli was great and showed a great maturity throughout.

Player of the tournament for me is either Iniesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Montolivo or Silva. Those guys were just incredible. Ballotelli, Fabregas, Brono Alves and Betdner were immense as well.

Wessiej

521928_396002010447153_1509887551_n.jpg

Vertonghen is on the training field today,...not in London ;)

faridmon

Also, 31-year-old Croatian star Danijel Pranjic has confirmed that he is moving closer to a move to Everton. The ex-Bayern utility man nearly joined the Toffees in January.
What do people think of him?

If you could PM me some screenshots, oh how I'd love to get just a quick peek at the glorious golden promised land...

I just pressed 'Print Screen' but Bish came out of my laptop and slapped me.

Then I tried just taking photos on my Ipod and the same thing happened.

Ow :(

operon

Strange to have it happen at Ravenhill.

I presume its because of capacity, Crusaders ground holds about 3,054 I think, Whereas Ravenhill has a normal capacity of 12300 and can be expanded to 19000. They have no problem selling the extra seats

faridmon

Am I confusing him with someone else, or was he nailed on for a big money Chinese move ?

You mean him?I don't know, but I just copied this from their twitter account. I don't who the hell he is to be frank with you, but the more squad players the better.

fuenf

Am I confusing him with someone else, or was he nailed on for a big money Chinese move ?

Yes he was. Before the CL final he said that he would play in China because they offered him a huge pile of money, a house and would fly him over there in a private plane. Guess those comments might've pissed of the chinese team.

He's a competent player, nothing special but a solid all-around player that can play any position on the left side of the pitch.

kharma45

I presume its because of capacity, Crusaders ground holds about 3,054 I think, Whereas Ravenhill has a normal capacity of 12300 and can be expanded to 19000. They have no problem selling the extra seats

Thought they'd use Windsor Park if anywhere, just never heard of Ravenhill ever being used for football.

operon

Thought they'd use Windsor Park if anywhere, just never heard of Ravenhill ever being used for football.

Maybe Linfield was looking for too much money for the ground or Crusaders didn't want them getting any money and would rather give it to Ulster Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom