• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I'm itching for City to do something now that the window is open. Like Aziz says, "I'm tweakin', I'm tweakin'!"

Carbonox

Kara

edit: also Dudu

Ok so here is who we have so far:

GK

Zaza (plays for FC Hjorring)

Defender

Titi (plays for Bahia)
Pepe (plays for Real Madrid)
Dede (plays for Vasco Da Gama)
Dodo (plays for Roma)

Midfielder

Bebe (plays for Manchester United)
Kaka (plays for Real Madrid)
Dudu (plays for Atletico Mineiro)
Popo (plays Urawa Red Diamonds)

Striker

Didi (plays for Otelul Galati)
Bobo (plays for Kayserispor)

Only lacking a keeper. :(

MPW

I'm itching for City to do something now that the window is open. Like Aziz says, "I'm tweakin', I'm tweakin'!"

same here

madrid needs to sell players we dont need like kaka and lass

buy another creative midfielder and RB

Ashes

Banned
Tim Krul?

Anybody remember Dropsy? :p

Edit: beaten, and beaten well.

On the team front, were there not babies named after world cup teams in South Africa? I'm sure I read it on gaf, but I can't find it.

deGod

But is there not some rule that they can't buy an english team and do it that way?

My understanding is that they had the opportunity to ask everyone in the SPL if they would allow Rangers back. Over half said no.

So then they ask the teams in League 1... pretty sure half of them are going to say no too.

As a result they'll likely end up in League 3 or they'll try to get in to the English system somehow.

Some of that's probably wrong but it's how I understand it.

Zabojnik

Looking forward to finally see the famous Cleverley in action. I imagine him being like Pirlo, Iniesta and Xavi in one. I'm sure I won't be disappointed. Team Clev!

WJD

I'm looking into something akin to Volunteer USA for next summer, has anyone here had much experience with similar programmes/have any helpful suggestions?

Cheers, coños.

Messi

But is there not some rule that they can't buy an english team and do it that way?

210771_o.gif

Welcome aboard, you finally got approved. Even with that awful username.

Ashes

Banned
Looking forward to finally see the famous Cleverley in action. I imagine him being like Pirlo, Iniesta and Xavi in one. I'm sure I won't be disappointed. Team Clev!

Cleverly doesn't do disappointment. He is either great or misunderstood.

LegoArmo

This new team isn't Rangers. They probably won't even have enough money to fulfill all their fixtures.

Rangers are gone, and the titles they won with illegal money should be removed from the record books.

Scottish football will be better off without them anyway.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

The British Verratti.

Jokes aren't funny when they use "sexual slurs" that demean an entire gender by referring to their genitalia in a negative comparison. It's wrong and should be punished.

a514bf4b_clapping.gif

Messi

Your brother?

And I take the username as an ironic commentary on United's facebook fans and others of their kind.

My best friend.

Imagine having to be friends with me, witness my complete disregard for money when it comes to jerseys. Also having to put up with my obsession for oliva wilde. He should be championed. But not, because he is a Man United fan. I really dislike that username, its so...blatant.

Oh and your text goes under quotes btw.

Yen

There is no one in world football who has perfected the 5 yard pass like Thomas Iroquois Cleverley.

K1LLER7

My best friend.

Imagine having to be friends with me, witness my complete disregard for money when it comes to jerseys. Also having to put up with my obsession for oliva wilde. He should be championed. But not, because he is a Man United fan. I really dislike that username, its so...blatant.

Oh and your text goes under quotes btw.

Is he a fan of Olivia Wilde and her manly jaw?

rififi

same here

madrid needs to sell players we dont need like kaka and lass

buy another creative midfielder and RB

Apparently Madrid are trying to unload a lot of players by July 15th, but unfortunately, no one wants them, and some (like lass) rejected an offer from PSG because he said he would rather stay in Madrid.

Does anyone know what is going on with those on loan from Madrid: Canales, Drenthe, Gago (I know Pedro Leon is staying at Getafe and Roma doesn't want to keep Gago).

K1LLER7

Fabio joins QPR on a season long loan

Queens Park Rangers have signed Fabio on a season-long loan.

The Brazilian full-back will spend the entire 2012/13 campaign at Loftus Road, where he will work under Reds legend and Rangers manager, Mark Hughes.

The news follows Monday's earlier announcement that Fabio's twin brother, Rafael, has extended his United contract until 2016.

Fabio has found first team opportunities limited in his Old Trafford career to date, thanks to misfortune with injuries and the tricky task of displacing Patrice Evra at left-back, but he has still made 53 appearances and scored twice.

His sustained run of involvement in the second half of the 2010/11 season culminated in a starting berth in the 2011 Champions League final defeat to Barcelona.

Sir Alex Ferguson is convinced the defender has the wherewithal to succeed at Old Trafford, however, having admitted in April: "I think a year out at a good level playing every week will make Fabio a real top player for us.”

Awz4h7mCQAATN6y.jpg

hope he doesn't become BFF with Barton.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@PochoLavezzi
NAPOLI :grazie,grazie,grazie,grazie,grazie,grazie,grazie infinitamente,vi porterò per sempre nel cuore !!

Well well..one of the three tenors left officially. It's a new dawn in Naples.

They still have Insigne and Vargas to replace him but there's no one like Pocho.

10 days before we begin our pre-season preparations! I miss Conte <3

antonio-conte.jpg

Carbonox

Footy GAF needs to help me decide which game to play: RE4, Batman AA or Ass Creed 1. ;(

Wish there was some good news on our talks with FC Twente too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom