• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone had any random chance encounters with their favourite football players?

I was in a club last year in Newcastle, making our way to the dance floor I stopped and slowly turned to see Tino Asprilla chilling with a couple of beers dancing away. We stopped, I drunkenly let him know how much I loved hit hat-trick against Barca, then we took a photo together and left him be. It was awesome :D
Meeting Mario Balotelli was the best.

Slizz

Meeting Mario Balotelli was the best.

BTW:

1bMdn.jpg

Kyoufu

Anyone had any random chance encounters with their favourite football players?

I was in a club last year in Newcastle, making our way to the dance floor I stopped and slowly turned to see Tino Asprilla chilling with a couple of beers dancing away. We stopped, I drunkenly let him know how much I loved hit hat-trick against Barca, then we took a photo together and left him be. It was awesome :D

I'm still jelly. Tino is a legend.

Messi

Lets count:

Juve w Del Piero
Spain home w pique and alonso x2
Spain away w iniesta and iniesta x 2 (dont ask)
Portugal w coentraooooo
france w abidal
germany w ozil
brazil w alves
brazil away w neymar
netherlands w snijder
netherlands away w afellay

so yeah, 110 dollars a pop except for juve which was 50 alltogether

Holy what?!

Did you like Aziz's latest show? I didn't think it was quite as good. I appreciated him adopting the Louis CK distribution model though.
Yeah it wasn't as good. Still enjoyed it but the first one, though only 40 mins absolutely killed me. I don't care for his alter ego character at all though.

Ahhh, thanks! I forgot about this!

Tell me more!
I met him in his favourite restaurant, a place called "Zouk's", Indian food and grill. He was dining upstairs with some friends, it's where he has his rolling pin fight which you may remember hearing about.

He's there regularly, like once a week at least so it's not a big deal meeting him, but it was cool anyway. It was the week after he scored the goal against Villa with his shoulder. I told him I loved his goal and motioned it. He just laughed and said thanks. Alot of people started coming over and he left, didn't really appreciate all the attention, went outside to smoke a cig and drove off in his all black Range. Was cool.

My friend saw him in a club once and took a picture of him. Mario was pissed, came over and demanded the picture was deleted. Alot of people see him out and about in Manchester, it's not a big city and he is always up to something.

Still not as cool as when I met my hero Paul Scholes! That was at a book signing though so yeah...I once met Andy Cole too, he was a grumpy shit. I've seen quite a few players around in Manchester actually.

Browsing GAF from the loo. The future's now.
t's the only way.

GQman2121

Banned
I've got a new shirt arriving today at some point. I just checked the tracking - from the porcelain reading room no less - and its out for delivery. Kind of excited.....

Ashes

Banned
That quoting thing. Is a man utd fan responsible for yet another trend? Doesn't surprise me.

that should put a stop to the quoting!

Nerlinger is gone? Oh man, now we have nobody to laugh at for talking shit and doing nothing- Oh wait, Toni Kroos. Yeah, ok, Bayern.

I can't wait for Bayern failing again now that there's Sammer. Epic Sammer-Hoeneß-Rummenigge fights incoming :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom