• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

near

Gold Member
Head Coach is same thing as manager people. But it may also mean we've employed a Sporting Director.

IMO I'm okay with AVB, hopefully we can secure some signings now and move forward.

K1LLER7

Not sure if already posted

According to Duncan Castles on twitter, SAF has persuaded Pettruci to agree a new 3 year deal with United. His contract was over and he had double money offers from teams in Serie A. Fergie apparently promised him more time with the first team and more games.

If true, i'm glad he's signed. Looks a very good player and definately one to watch out for.

Carbonox

Dutch newspaper says Newcastle pull out of De Jong bid

Fuck him and fuck FC Twente.

/rage

Honestly cannot think of one single viable and realistic striker target. We need a fucking good/potentially awesome striker. Any less and I EXPECT to barely finish in the top 8 next season.

Head Coach is same thing as manager people. But it may also mean we've employed a Sporting Director.

IMO I'm okay with AVB, hopefully we can secure some signings now and move forward.

Sherwood is the technical director. To be clear there's no director of football.

Jensen

Not sure if already posted

According to Duncan Castles on twitter, SAF has persuaded Pettruci to agree a new 3 year deal with United. His contract was over and he had double money offers from teams in Serie A. Fergie apparently promised him more time with the first team and more games.

If true, i'm glad he's signed. Looks a very good player and definately one to watch out for.
Probably would have been playing a few games last season if those hip injuries never happened.

Edit - Kharma is a
ibnYgO2KdQ3Hsn.gif

Kyoufu

Honestly cannot think of one single viable and realistic striker target. We need a fucking good/potentially awesome striker. Any less and I EXPECT to barely finish in the top 8 next season.

Depressing isn't it? A few quality signings and we could give anyone a good game next season. :/

edit: Congrats to Tottenham fans. You guys are lucky.

K1LLER7

fergie on any more transfers

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed there could be more signings during the transfer window as the club continues to work behind the scenes in that area.

The United boss suggested in an exclusive interview with MUTV that Shinji Kagawa and Nick Powell may not be the only arrivals this summer if his plans bear fruit. Despite intense media speculation, the Reds will continue to conduct any negotiations in private and it often proves to be a lengthy business.

When asked if he is hoping to make further additions, he replied: "Yes, there's a possibility. We’re working on one or two things but there’s nothing really to tell you to be honest.

"We always try to get our work done at the end of the season – we spent a good deal of time sorting the deal with Shinji and we’d agreed a deal with Nick Powell before the play-offs which was a good move by us because the boy had an outstanding final at Wembley.

"When you don’t get deals done immediately and you’re negotiating with a club over a long period, then you can’t expect to just snap your fingers and get it done."

feel a bit more optimistic that a CM could be coming in.

and Berba's going on the pre-season tour.

GorillaJu

Sigurð Aðalsteinsson ‏@S_Adalsteinsson

Delighted to announce that gylfi will sign for #thfc deal will be announced later today hopefully he looks forward to working with AVB

That's Sigurdsson's dad. GG :(

kharma45

Yeah I've a feeling we'll get a CM and a full-back in and that'll be us.

Hopefully the CM is Moutinho, and although he had a very good Euro 2012 his price shouldn't be outrageous.

Jensen

Liverpool gazump Swansea and then get gazumped by Spurs.

Hard not to feel sorry for Swansea, losing their manager and a player of that quality.

He's also old and shit. If we sign another crap Man United player I'm going to support Juventus instead.
He's 31 and still good. You could get two very good years from him and he would be quite suited for you guys aswell I think, playing off Cisse. Plus he won't go to Africa or even play for Bulgaria.

I'll tell you what, £6m. Let's do it.

Kyoufu

you can have Bebe on loan, he'll get you a championship spot

fixed :p

He's 31 and still good. You could get two very good years from him and he would be quite suited for you guys aswell I think, playing off Cisse. Plus he won't go to Africa or even play for Bulgaria.

I'll tell you what, £6m. Let's do it.

gtfo :p

We're pretty much not signing anybody that doesn't have a re-sale value.

GorillaJu

I hope you United fans are ready for a new temporary ally over the next season. Unrequited it may be, but I am announcing a one-sided ceasefire.

I now care about nothing except that Spurs go down in a fiery heap of rubble.

Carbonox

I hope you United fans are ready for a new temporary ally over the next season. Unrequited it may be, but I am announcing a one-sided ceasefire.

I now care about nothing except that Spurs go down in a fiery heap of rubble.

I've been wishing this for years now. ;(

Meier

I've never been to a IMAX, is it really better?

Yes, yes, yes. As long as it's a real IMAX.. like at a planetarium or something -- you want a fucking monster screen. Dark Knight in IMAX was jizzworthy. I'm DYING for DKR.. got my IMAX tickets already.

Ashes

Banned
Perfect, Bebe's your man. We'll throw in a Man Utd table cloth to sweeten the deal.

:/

You know it could be like some of those kits that are so bad they actually affect the away team as well.

edit: Nah, not even I buy that! There is no redemptive quality in that kit.

and Berba's going on the pre-season tour.

Yeah I've a feeling we'll get a CM and a full-back in and that'll be us.

Hopefully the CM is Moutinho, and although he had a very good Euro 2012 his price shouldn't be outrageous.
Tbh these quotes from Fergie are more positive than I expected. My muppetry fuel tank hasn't been drained just yet.

Tbh, if we run with the rumours of Baines + Moutinho, a summer where we sign Kagawa, Moutinho, Baines and Powell would be freakin' awesome, well beyond me expectations. Unfortunately I don't see this happening as I don't think we have the funds. I know the interest in Moutinho is genuine however and we have made an approach, so let's hope.

Meier

A much better value for money acquisition than Modric would be for "no value in the market" watch.

Hopefully there's some weight behind this one, would be a great addition to the midfield.

Moutinho will cost 30-35 million pounds as well.

Must just be, but I could swear that there was quite a difference. We use “head coach” in America to essentially mean “manager”, but I thought in soccer, there's a difference, where a manager is a more traditional English manager, and a head coach is more of the continental type, and their job is more training and tactics, not so much to do with contracts, transfers, etc. (technical director and sporting director territory).
Nah, it's the same thing in football/soccer -- just another word where both terms are acceptable like game/match.. Just like baseball.. they're often called the head coach but they're technically the manager.

kharma45

Tbh these quotes from Fergie are more positive than I expected. My muppetry fuel tank hasn't been drained just yet.

Tbh, if we run with the rumours of Baines + Moutinho, a summer where we sign Kagawa, Moutinho, Baines and Powell would be freakin' awesome, well beyond me expectations. Unfortunately I don't see this happening as I don't think we have the funds. I know the interest in Moutinho is genuine however and we have made an approach, so let's hope.

Yeah if we sign those two it'd be another £50million spend or so, but if we could get say £5-10m for Berba it'd soften the blow somewhat, plus by the looks of it we may hold on to Pogba hopefully. If he was going I'd imagine he'd have gone by now.

Moutinho will cost 30-35 million pounds as well.

Reports from The Times suggests £25m.

Kyoufu

I fail to see the fascination with Sigurdsson. Maybe someone can be kind enough to educate me on why he is rated highly.

Youtube his performances for Reading, Iceland and Swansea. Maybe Hoffenheim too but I haven't seen that.

He makes any team he plays for look good.

K1LLER7

Berbatov could be used in the move for Moutinho and he'd get CL football too.

I think that the 30m (?) we were going to use for Hazard still hasn't been used yet iirc and talks for Kagawa and Powell seemed to have started a while back, so the money could still be available. Also, we don't know whats happening with Nani and if he's sold we could still get both players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom