• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

lyfdT.gif

Lightning

Banned
If Robin didn't have a stormer last season, Kos would have been our player of the season. He was head and shoulder above rest of the team.
I disagree I would rate Arteta just ahead of Kos. Arteta had such a fantastic season last year. But Kos is great I really like him.

dc89

just got Virtua Tennis 4 (PC, download) as a gift - anyone want the product key? (I'm guessing you can just download the game and activate it using the key... dunno if the key is steam compatible) PM me if you want it (for free!)

Just do what normally happens. Post it in the thread and let a lurker get it.

near

Gold Member
It pains me to say this as a Spurs fan, but anyone who calls Koscielny shit, didn't watch him play last season.

I'm sure I've watched Koscielny, on a number of occasions last season, spectacularly and heroically extinguish attacks last minute that were often borne of his own poor positioning.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm sure I've watched Koscielny, on a number of occasions last season, spectacularly and heroically extinguish attacks last minute that were often borne of his own poor positioning.

Reminds me of Vidal's first 'couple' of games. Lose the ball --> tackle successfully to get it back --> rinse and repeat. It was almost like he was farming stats!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
He's poor positioning gave him the highest number of interceptions this last season.

Koscielny is good and is Arsenal's best defender by a mile. The worrying thing for Arsenal fans must be Vermaelen, he looked dogshit for most of last season. Like most of Arsenal's defensive players, they have little discipline and do not anticipate danger.

jtb

Banned
Koscielny is good and is Arsenal's best defender by a mile. The worrying thing for Arsenal fans must be Vermaelen, he looked dogshit for most of last season. Like most of Arsenal's defensive players, they have little discipline and do not anticipate danger.

you could say that for just about the entire squad - no discipline whatsoever. That's what I really appreciate about Guardiola's method of coaching; he provides players creative freedom without losing sight of the need for drills and discipline, just a different kind of discipline. granted it's a bit easier when you have some of the best players in the world, but still.

Fry

is the online mode free of lags?

I had some problems with lag (and cheating) on Fifa 10 and 11. 12 was really smooth though.

It's worth mentioning my internet connection was poorer two years ago. I have 10 MB now, but I haven't tested it on Fifa yet. I played 12 with 5 MB, and didn't have any problems. It'll also depend on the guy at the other end. But if they don't make it laggy on purpose (trust me, a lot of them do), you won't suffer any problems.

You can always quit the match without suffering a loss, just make sure you do before the clock hits 5 minutes.

Clegg

We signed a 20 year old keeper from the same club last season.

We've also released a few keepers from the academy, as well as PIG. We needed a new keeper.

Although its a little funny that our only Spaniards are goalkeepers, in a time when their outfield players are lauded as the best in the world.

Ushojax

you could say that for just about the entire squad - no discipline whatsoever. That's what I really appreciate about Guardiola's method of coaching; he provides players creative freedom without losing sight of the need for drills and discipline, just a different kind of discipline. granted it's a bit easier when you have some of the best players in the world, but still.

There is no reason that players like Song, Ramsey and Rosicky can't do basic things like track runners and cover for defenders, it's cringeworthy how nonchalant they are without the ball. Without Arteta Arsenal were making sides like Wigan, West Brom and Norwich look like absolute world beaters, they looked like they would concede every time the opposition attacked. Perhaps with Pat Rice gone somebody will bother to fix that. If they don't then Arsenal will concede another 50 goals next season.

Clegg

ATTN United fans:

Apparently Davide Petrucci turned down lucrative contract offers from Serie A teams and signed a contract extension with United.

The anti-Pogba.

jtb

Banned
There is no reason that players like Song, Ramsey and Rosicky can't do basic things like track runners and cover for defenders, it's cringeworthy how nonchalant they are without the ball. Without Arteta Arsenal were making sides like Wigan, West Brom and Norwich look like absolute world beaters, they looked like they would concede every time the opposition attacked. Perhaps with Pat Rice gone somebody will bother to fix that. If they don't then Arsenal will concede another 50 goals next season.

yeah Song is especially guilty of this; that's the worry with Arsenal. players like Song, TV, and Szczezny, who are supposed to be the spine of this defense, are all running around like headless chickens waiting for the right opportunity to play the hollywood pass/header/save when something simpler would keep the team under far less pressure. Part of it is the suicidally high line, but part of it is these egos and someone - RIce's replacement, Wenger, somebody, anybody - has to tell them that their job is to defend, not stuff the stats sheet. and I like these players!

I mean, for fuck's sake, Song was originally a center half and now he's apparently one signing away from being Arsenal's new main playmaker? come the fuck on. there's no shame in being a holding midfielder and someone needs to tell him that. Which is why I want Lloris and M'Vila. players who know what their role is, and do it well.

Ushojax

Can't believe people defend Koscielny.

Koscielny really isn't that bad. He can switch off but he's fast, good in the air and can play dirty when he has to. He's about Evans-level.

Facism

Gold Member
HEY I thought you guys bought Ziegler!? Nooo.jpg

Latest reports say Fener are close to keeping him on a permanent basis. I wouldn't mind,t he guy showed a lot of passion and heartbreak when the team lost the league.

Zabojnik

It was Zabo actually! He's the reasonable one here
humm4fyce1.png

I thought that was fadetoblack? fadeeeee, where are you?

Genoa Home 2012/13

genoa-home-lotto.jpg

Genoa Away 2012/13

genoa-away-2012-2013.jpg

Lookin' good. Everybody makes them better than Nike confirmed. "The oldest club in Italy" Taking lessons from Milan, I see. Not that we should talk with the "30 sul campo" and "Vincere non e' importante. E' l'unica cosa che conta". A fad is a fad is a fad. :)

Another Pirlo-esque signing?

Though brazilians haven't had the best of luck at Juve lately.

Nothing to do with Pirlo, but it kind of makes sense. We need a bit of experience going into CL and Lucio should do just fine as a reserve CB. He's had a terrible season at Inter, but then again ... who didn't? I think he still has a bit of juice left in him.

3.bild.jpg

"we will still support him"

we are way too nice :/

Why did he burn the house down, exactly? Don't feel like googling. :p

If he leaves for City it'll open up more options for us. Dzeko, Tevez or...Mario?

I'll admit I have no idea who would be best for us. Probably someone like Villa? We need to get a bit of Barsa going on between our flying midfielders (Marchisio especially) and the strikers, link 'em up. Either that or a born poacher - but not limited to - like Higuain. Then again, with a midfield as versatile as ours is shaping up to be, I'm sure Conte would find a way to make someone like Dzeko work just fine. JUST SIGN SOMEONE, BEPPE! /Kyoufu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom