• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else sick to the back teeth about the whole 50 Shades of Grey bollocks?!

Only just learnt it was a twilight fanfic now when googling, thought it was a band or something.

" It is notable for its explicitly erotic scenes featuring elements of sexual practices involving bondage, discipline, sadism, and masochism (BDSM)."

:l

jtb

Banned
But it's not true, Szczesny didn't make many mistakes this season, and no-one would've made such a nonsense claim before his Euro 2012 disaster.

Ehh... Szczesny is a penalty/red card waiting to happen. That's just his eagerness mixed in with inexperience, but it doesn't mean he's not a liability at times. The north London derby, the game at the bridge... He's made loads of mistakes, we're just lucky we haven't been punished for many of them.

nemesun

What a brutal statement, now he looks like a poster child of Judas. Fuck me sideways, I'm speechless here, never thought he do this to us and more importantly to Wenger, utterly classless. Bridges burnt, now time to rebuild "again".

Kyoufu

Koscielny is also shit.

But of course, Lightning will over-rate him :p

What a brutal statement, now he looks like a poster child of Judas. Fuck me sideways, I'm speechless here, never thought he do this to us and more importantly to Wenger, utterly classless. Bridges burnt, now time to rebuild "again".

dem tears.

All he said was Arsenal is ran by a bunch of muppets who hate success, so he's looking to leave.

jtb

Banned
lol no

If Wenger was so important then why do we have more (and better) French players than you?

You're living in 2004 back when Arsenal were good.

Eh... Giroud and M'Vila (really hope this is still happening) are more than willing to come bc of Wenger. That's good enough evidence for me.

nemesun

Koscielny is also shit.

But of course, Lightning will over-rate him :p

dem tears.

All he said was Arsenal is ran by a bunch of muppets who hate success, so he's looking to leave.
The most underrated player in the premier league. He had a terrific season last year.

For me, Szczęsny has made enough mistakes, small and big, for me to remain undecided as to whether he'll be good enough to be Arsenal's first choice for the next 5 or so years. He probably will be, he's a very promising keeper, but the fact of the matter is he's made mistakes, some small mistakes which have been punished, some huge mistakes which haven't.

After last season, I even have small question marks over Reina

I think you guys are being a little harsh on Arsenal's PIG. But at the same time, I did think he performed better in 2011 than last season by a wide margin. I was sure Arsenal had found themselves a great keeper after 2011. Last season made me question that with his performances. I think we'll know better after next season.

near

Gold Member
Might sound funny but it's really not. De Gea had the best goalkeeping stats in the league I think I'm right in saying. By no means is he the league's best keeper...but it's funny that people are quite convinced he is a dodgy keeper yet Sczency is seen as a great one. Neither are true.

Actually, Opta statistics suggest Joe Hart was the goalkeeper of last season. He conceded the fewest amount of goals per game and the fewest amount of goals out of all the keepers in the league. But between Dea Gea and Szczesny, Dea Gea was a more successful.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pretty boring day, no transfer announced then?

lucio-inter-milan-fifa-11.jpg

nemesun

dem tears.

No qualm with what he said there, but the way he did it was absolutely disgraceful. Cesc wanted to leave two years ago but he was at least man enough to not wash his dirty laundry in public. Today RvP acted like a spoiled child rather than a gown man who is/was a leader of the team.

Actually, Opta statistics suggest Joe Hart was the goalkeeper of last season. He conceded the fewest amount of goals per game and the fewest amount of goals out of all the keepers in the league. But between Dea Gea and Szczesny, Dea Gea was a more successful.
Ah okay, I think DDG had the best saves % stat which is the one I had in mind. But yes, Hart was great and is the league's best IMO.

Just to be clear, I am not saying Sczency is rubbish. He isn't, he's good and has promise, but people assume he is somebody who you can rubber stamp as a mainstay for Arsenal over the next few years and that he'll be world class. It's not so simple, he has made mistakes since he got his break and really, they show no sign of abating. He is still making the same and similar mistakes, of course he is young but that is a legitimate thing to note.

Also, if he ever does become great, you'll just sell him.

Facism

Gold Member
Confirmed Fenerbahce Transfers coming in:

Dirk Kuyt
Mehmet Topal
Hasan Ali Kaldirim
Egemen Korkmaz

Hopefully Yobo and Hamit Altintop get's tied up soon. Quality work, all it took was for Aziz Yildirim to be in jail and have no influence in transfers.

dc89

Only just learnt it was a twilight fanfic now when googling, thought it was a band or something.

" It is notable for its explicitly erotic scenes featuring elements of sexual practices involving bondage, discipline, sadism, and masochism (BDSM)."

:l

Yeah. Fiction for frustrated women.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Confirmed Fenerbahce Transfers coming in:

Dirk Kuyt
Mehmet Topal
Hasan Ali Kaldirim
Egemen Korkmaz

Hopefully Yobo and Hamit Altintop get's tied up soon. Quality work, all it took was for Aziz Yildirim to be in jail and have no influence in transfers.

HEY I thought you guys bought Ziegler!? Nooo.jpg

LOL is that really how he looks in fifa?

Yes!

He got nothing on Pato!
491A0001_0_THUMB_TjG.jpg

near

Gold Member
Ah okay, I think DDG had the best saves % stat which is the one I had in mind. But yes, Hart was great and is the league's best IMO.

Just to be clear, I am not saying Sczency is rubbish. He isn't, he's good and has promise, but people assume he is somebody who you can rubber stamp as a mainstay for Arsenal over the next few years and that he'll be world class. It's not so simple, he has made mistakes since he got his break and really, they show no sign of abating. He is still making the same and similar mistakes, of course he is young but that is a legitimate thing to note.

Also, if he ever does become great, you'll just sell him.

I agree. Sczency can be an exceptional goalkeeper for a game, but overall he has plenty of flaws hindering he's potential. He's ability is overly exaggerated, and I think that's been he's downfall. He has made some controversial errors, and between the top 4 teams in the league, he has been the worse keeper amongst them. I'm not even talking out my arse, I was just looking at the Opta statistics for goalkeepers in the league from last season, and he didn't do all that well. He made 4 errors that led to a goal and had the highest ratio of goals conceded per game - within the top four teams of last season - I think Arsene's interest in Lloris isn't as far fetched as it seems.

jtb

Banned
I agree. Sczency can be an exceptional goalkeeper for a game, but overall he has plenty of flaws hindering he's potential. He's ability is overly exaggerated, and I think that's been he's downfall. He has made some controversial errors, and between the top 4 teams in the league, he has been the worse keeper amongst them. I'm not even talking out my arse, I was just looking at the Opta statistics for goalkeepers in the league from last season, and he didn't do all that well. He made 4 errors that led to a goal and had the highest ratio of goals conceded per game - within the top four teams of last season - I think Arsene's interest in Lloris isn't as far fetched as it seems.

my thoughts exactly.

as for Koscielny, he's very good. He doesn't get forward often, but that's fine because he's got good pace and he doesn't make too many mistakes - just what we need out of a center half. no one needs to be the hero. I think Mertesacker, TV, Kos, and a mystery fourth center half (quality replacement for Squillaci/Djouru plz) would be four really solid defensive options. get another defensive midfielder (M'Vila) to screen the defense, and another full back for cover/rotation and there's no way we leak fifty goals again this season. for once, our worry is the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom