• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

The sad part is some fans will believe it (see: Piers Morgan) and will continue to pass the buck onto the likes of Wenger and Gazidis. Whilst they may be culpable in certain aspects that have and will hold Arsenal back, I'm sure they did everything in their power to keep RVP, which also includes signing top players.

He says it's not for money, but the only way I can see them not agreeing is on the £225K a week figure he's been offered at City.

elseanio

Better detail of the shirt:

WSTM208_z.jpg

nemesun

He did the same last summer with Cesc and Nasri. He has to say RVP is staying, it's the done thing and helps the club publicly and in negotiations with any prospective buyers. That he has signed Podolski and Giroud tells you everything you need to know about how confident he is of RVP staying.

That doesn't make an iota of sense. Cesc and Nasri cases were up in the air till the last minute, we were in the driving seat Re Fabregas "4 years left on the ticker" and we were still negotiating with Nasri, if he knew Robin was going to come out with that statement he would've never said what he said yesterday. There is a difference between being coy and utterly daft.

Khaldoon, the City chief exec, thinks nobody will "screw" with City after the way they dealt with Tevez.

Have I missed something?

dc24 post about withheld wages incoming

That doesn't make an iota of sense. Cesc and Nasri cases were up in the air till the last minute, we were in the driving seat Re Fabregas "4 years left on the ticker" and we were still negotiating with Nasri, if he knew Robin was going to come out with that statement he would've never said what he said yesterday. There is a difference between being coy and utterly daft.
Yep sorry I misunderstood your post. For some reason I thought it had been mentioned Wenger said RVP wasn't leaving AFTER today's announcement, but you meant his comments in the last few days. My bad!

Mastadon

Banned
The sad part is some fans will believe it (see: Piers Morgan) and will continue to pass the buck onto the likes of Wenger and Gazidis. Whilst they may be culpable in certain aspects that have and will hold Arsenal back, I'm sure they did everything in their power to keep RVP, which also includes signing top players.

He says it's not for money, but the only way I can see them not agreeing is on the £225K a week figure he's been offered at City.

I don't think Podolski and Giroud would have been brought in if RVP stayed though. It's a response to him leaving rather than an attempt to convince him to stay. Even if they were, are they the type of players that will have Arsenal challenging at the top again?

Money clearly is a decisive factor here, but I genuinely don't believe it's the only one.

Kyoufu

I think you are much better off with Guidetti, man what a player that is. Castaignos played for Feyenoord in 2010/2011, and Guidetti 2011/2012. What a difference. That man got talent, he can shoot like hell, is funny and is a sorta clown.

And I'm talking about a player of the main rival.

I don't believe in Castaignos anymore, he goes where his wallet is going.

I wouldn't mind Guidetti if he's attainable. Since City are likely to buy RVP they'll give us Guidetti...right? :(

nemesun

I wouldn't label that scumbag Piers as an Arsenal fan, but unfortunately you're absolutely correct Re some of our fans; most of us are quite fed up with underachieving and lack of spending and will buy into any anti-board/ Arsene triad like a bunch of gullible mofos. And the mercenaries will use "The lack of ambition" line as an excuse to engineer a move away time an again.

Arnie

Didn't think you played Football after I saw that big can of Red Bull :p
It's some of the only exercise I can tolerate. I don't mind running but it feels a bit aimless.
I don't think Podolski and Giroud would have been brought in if RVP stayed though. It's a response to him leaving rather than an attempt to convince him to stay. Even if they were, are they the type of players that will have Arsenal challenging at the top again?

Money clearly is a decisive factor here, but I genuinely don't believe it's the only one.

I'm not sure you know; they brought Podolski in really early, far before they'd have a clear picture as to RVP's future, and he can play off centre, meaning he doesn't exactly cannibalise RVP's position.

As for Giroud, we know Wenger's a lover of French football and this guy's the next big talent, done amazingly last season and Arsenal were far too reliant on RVP as it was. I don't find it inconceivable to think that he was meant as an addition to Robin.

I wouldn't label that scumbag Piers as an Arsenal fan, but unfortunately you're absolutely correct Re some of our fans; most of us are quite fed up with underachieving and lack of spending and will buy into any anti-board/ Arsene triad like a bunch of gullible mofos. And the mercenaries will use "The lack of ambition" line as an excuse to engineer a move away time an again.
I don't really think Wenger would stand by and watch the board overtly go against future success. I'm sure he wants it, and so do they, but unfortunately these things take time, especially if you work by a strict philosophy. Wenger wants success as much as most, and he knows how to achieve it.

Perhaps RVP wants to win the Champions League, the glaring hole in his cabinet. But then why's he going to City?

suarezuqd66.png

:lol.

Can I ask how you got your tracking number for your shirts? Mine are meant to arrive any day now and I don't have a shipping number :/
Received an email titled Order Update #ordernumbergoeshere

The comments for your order are: RR012570185TH

Your order has been updated to the following status:
New status: DHL Tracking

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

Which is the tracking number you're supposed to fill in on the website I linked.

Arnie

Allerdyce and various agents being corrupt doesn't surprise me in the slightest, and the fact that they haven't taken this agent to court confirms what he's saying.

Wessiej

Can't believe you linked me to furry-gaf. What the fuck.

BTW, will Anita come to Newcastle or Sunderland?

Hope not. He will def. not go to Sunderland, Ajax is going to play in the Champions League next season and he is probably after Vertonghen the best player there. De Boer says he is not leaving, Anita is saying ''I will see what will happen.''

About Creepy-GAF, so it's real huh, had no clue. Damn people need to,...well never mind.

Kyoufu

Hope not. He will def. not go to Sunderland, Ajax is going to play in the Champions League next season and he is probably after Vertonghen the best player there. De Boer says he is not leaving, Anita is saying ''I will see what will happen.''

Not getting hopes up then. Looks like a solid player though.

Kyoufu

By the way I have no idea who half of you are on Twitter due to real names being used and stuff.

Definitely need a Twitter list in the OP or at least a twitter profile edit :p

About Creepy-GAF, so it's real huh, had no clue. Damn people need to,...well never mind.

If you think that thread is bad you should see the ones before (which were closed, one was even completely deleted I think :lol)

I know the distinction but both fapping over teenage girls and animals with tits are creepy to me.

Was waiting for your reply :p

Victorious and iCarly are clever and well written shows on level with the wire and mad men.

P3gWs.gif

By the way I have no idea who half of you are on Twitter due to real names being used and stuff.

Yeah I have a hard time remembering half the people too.

Arnie

I know the distinction but both fapping over teenage girls and animals with tits are creepy to me.

Was waiting for your reply :p

The worst part about that link is they were posting pictures of animals with muscles as the clock struck midnight into a new year. You should be with family or friends at a time like this, not fetishising over animals with dicks on the internet. In my opinion, anyway.

My last name is the end of my username here :)

I can tell you who's not awesomegarcia_
Haha, funny thing is when i first looked to follow him I made the same mistake it seems everyone else did too. I don't think SW tweets much at all anyway.

If you think that thread is bad you should see the ones before (which were closed, one was even completely deleted I think :lol)

Victorious and iCarly are clever and well written shows on level with the wire and mad men.

P3gWs.gif
Well I've seen quite a lot of iCarly episodes and I don't care about this creeper movement because I'm younger than Cosgrove and Victorious. Never seen Victorious though.

But using kids shows for stimulating ones sexual desires is wrong. WRONG

Ashes

Banned
UEFA TV chiefs hoodwinked Euro 2012 fans by inserting a pre-recorded clip of a crying German into live footie coverage. Cameras focused on the female supporter apparently weeping after Mario Balotelli fired Italy into a 2-0 lead in the semi against Germany. Andrea, of Düsseldorf, said: "I am amazed and angry. I was overwhelmed at the presentation before the kick-off, not when Balotelli scored."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom