• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesun

Cant believe people think RVP owes the club something. No intelligent person with the talent Van Persie has would sign an extension with the club

8 seasons, only 1.5 of it healthy. You bet your arse he owed us something, if not us, Wenger at the very least. Wenger didn't deserve to be shatted on in this manner. If he wanted to leave so badly, he could've had a private word with him and left it at that.

near

Gold Member
Cant believe people think RVP owes the club something. No intelligent person with the talent Van Persie has would sign an extension with the club

Well, if you're thinking like that then Vermaelen is going to Barcelona. He shares the same agent as RVP. Kees Vos, who might I add recently twitted this:

scaled.php

Mastadon

Banned
8 seasons, only 1.5 of it healthy. You bet your arse he owed us something, if not us, Wenger at the very least. Wenger didn't deserve to be shatted on in this manner. If he wanted to leave so badly, he could've had a private word with him and left it at that.

I highly doubt that Wenger didn't know. He wouldn't have signed Poldolski and Giroud so early otherwise.

Clegg

TBH I wouldn't spend any more than £20m on RVP. He's a 28 year old with a dodgy injury record and he's in the last year of his contract.

Kyoufu

Bu..but I don't have one!!! Why do you hate us Arsenal fans so much Kyoufu, why?
http://i.imgur.com/uqq8A.gif

I don't hate Arsenal fans lol. Best lot of the "London Club" fans IMO.

You should sign up for twitter! Also download Tweetdeck :D

He may be a little biased. Castaignos came from Feyenoord, the rivals of Ajax.

Oh I see lol

TBH I wouldn't spend any more than £20m on RVP. He's a 28 year old with a dodgy injury record and he's in the last year of his contract.

That's not how Mancini will see it.

"PFA Player of the Year? Top BPL Goalscorer of the season?! WE'LL BUY HIM FOR 50 MILLION!"

Lucas Moura's agent and parents have already sat down with the president of Madrid last month. Nothing turned out to be official, and no word if they're still pursuing him or if they've decided Modric over him. Even if this report for MU is true, it's going to take a lot to lure him now. Imo, chances are 1/5.
1/5?

:lol

Mate the chances are 0%. Zilch. Not happening. I would bet that the story has probably been leaked by the club after yesterday's filing release to divert attention and to try and convince some people we still have money to spend.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well, if you're thinking like that then Vermaelen is going to Barcelona. He shares the same agent as RVP. Kees Vos, who might I add recently twitted this:

scaled.php

Oh yeah?

Well our striker(?) Matri tweeted this the other day:

0XyMu.jpg

...yeah I think he was on something too.

29 next month.

nemesun

I highly doubt that Wenger didn't know. He wouldn't have signed Poldolski and Giroud so early otherwise.

He was caught well off guard. It was only yesterday Wenger came out and said he thinks RvP will stay, and keep in mind, Wenger was the only soul in the world who stood up for Robin when he had a disaster at the Euro.

D_prOdigy

Which is exactly why it'll be lolsome if City do buy him for £22m.

Not to mention I just don't see him working nearly so well in their system. Will be eating plenty of crow if he turns round 20-odd goals next season, though.

dc89

Just seem something on Twitter:

RVP has indicated through third parties that he wants to join City and has no interest I'm joining Juventus.

Source: The Times

Wessiej

We should add everybody's twitter names in the next OP or something.

Do you not like him, Wess?

If he stayed at Feyenoord for 3/4 more years he could have been great. He left for Inter, didn't play a damn thing there and then your career is ruined.

Kyoufu

RVP has indicated through third parties that he wants to join City and has no interest I'm joining Juventus.

I've got money on this. Don't let me down.

If he stayed at Feyenoord for 3/4 more years he could have been great. He left for Inter, didn't play a damn thing there and then your career is ruined.

Not too late to turn things around at Newcastle no?

near

Gold Member
Oh yeah?

Well our striker(?) Matri tweeted this the other day:

http://i.imgur.com/0XyMu.jpg[IMG]

...yeah I think he was on something too.

29 next month.[/QUOTE]

My point was there are players who are loyal regardless of the pressure. Re-read my post and what I replied to.

Mastadon

Banned
He was caught well off guard. It was only yesterday Wenger came out and said he thinks RvP will stay, and keep in mind, Wenger was the only soul in the world who stood up for Robin when he had a disaster at the Euro.

Of course he's going to say that, he's hardly going to come out and admit his star player is leaving early than he needs to.

FuturusX

This man speaketh the truth.

Only reason to go beyond 15 million is if there is competition to sign him from a few clubs. If city is the only club at the table then start at 12 and top out at 15.

It really is a great situation for the player and agent. He can get everything he wants. More money, the relatively small transfer fee can offset huge wage demands, and a club with a better shot at winning silverware.

Arnie

As I predicted. The whole thing was a cynical attempt to engineer a move to City without the entire fan base castigating him.

EDIT: VIVA posted.

Prefer it to the away kit. Will definitely buy the socks.

Wessiej

I've got money on this. Don't let me down.

Not too late to turn things around at Newcastle no?

I think you are much better off with Guidetti, man what a player that is. Castaignos played for Feyenoord in 2010/2011, and Guidetti 2011/2012. What a difference. That man got talent, he can shoot like hell, is funny and is a sorta clown.

And I'm talking about a player of the main rival.

I don't believe in Castaignos anymore, he goes where his wallet is going.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
But Messi never leaves Spain?
He was waiting for the right club.
My point was there are players who are loyal regardless of the pressure. Re-read my post and what I replied to.

I don't think I had any point in my post.
ib0r83R812t83I.png

You're absolutely right anyway, I lost count of how many times Chiellini rejected Madrid.
Or Cavani rejecting us

KILLER7 said:
Vermalen to Juve?
Matri to Arsenal?

WHAT?

yes pls

nemesun

Of course he's going to say that, he's hardly going to come out and admit his star player is leaving early than he needs to.
Do you think he would've made that statement if he knew Robin was hell bent on leaving us? He's not daft you know, and he just got a public shakedown by Robin not a day after.

Clegg

Wenger said that both Nasri and Cesc wouldn't leave last summer. He'll say whatever he has to.

Of course. I have white, black, blue, green and orange. I just need red really.

SAF also says he's happy with the squad he has.

Never trust a manager.

near

Gold Member
I don't think I had any point in my post.
ib0r83R812t83I.png

You're absolutely right anyway, I lost count of how many times Chiellini rejected Madrid. Or Cavani rejecting us

lol. Well, at least in your picture they're having fun. Puyol and Vermaelen were at a restaurant... probably talking about a switch to Barca... ¬_¬

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom