• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Legs are proper fucked after tonight. My achilles was pouring out blood. Every knee tendon and ligament is fucked. Toes feel like I defaulted on a mob debt. Shins are fucked. Got burns -- not grazes, burns -- on my hands from when I went over.

Oh, dude =\ Sounds awful.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sky Italia reporting that Julio Cesar has not been called up for Inter's pre-season training camp at Pinzolo.

HAHAHA oh man.. they're trying to force him out!!

u remember the story about my former classmate who is the girlfriend of roman weidenfeller now?

2,h=343.bild.jpg

2,h=343.bild.jpg

she used to be that little, no boobs girl with glasses.

Legs of the forever.

#50shadesofgrey

Oh man. :lol

Jensen

Reports that Bwin are going to be United's main sponsor from 2013/2014 replacing Aon. Kind of surprising...Aon's deal runs out in 2015 I thought. Bwin are no longer Real's sponsors though as Emirates are taking over there...so I guess it's possible. I am sure a while back we dismissed any betting firms as potential sponsors though.

United are expected to renew with or leave Nike over the next year too as that deal runs own. Big revenue increases on the way most likely, Glazer's licking their lips.
Surprising after we rejected Mansion for AIG. Also amazing how many football sponsorship Emirates have now, Arsenal, PSG, Milan and Madrid.

Edit: Just looked around for some news about this and Bwin are our our "Offical Betting Partner" replacing betfair

Salazar

"As a top club we should, at the very least, match if not beat the offers that other clubs make to try and lure our very best players away, and also provide a more compelling vision of the future.

No, you don't want to go down that road. You're rich, but that doesn't mean you should be daft.

Indeed. You must be pretty dedicated that you're insistent on playing with all the work you've had done on your legs.

It's the one bit of genuinely difficult exercise I do all week. And we don't usually get stuffed. Just crumbled in the last 15 minutes tonight.

GorillaJu

The Gunners captain, who bagged 30 goals in the Premier League last season to secure the Golden Boot, admitted that he could not find a common ground with the club over their future plans and ambitions for silverware.

Like it's his decision to make, for fuck's sake. He's paid stupid amounts of money to perform on the pitch. It's not his place to determine if the club's ambitions are up to snuff. If you want to move on to win trophies, then do it without being a
ibnYgO2KdQ3Hsn.gif
about it.

Fuck, had to edit that. Almost let a
ibnYgO2KdQ3Hsn.gif
-word slip out.

Sky Italia reporting that Julio Cesar has not been called up for Inter's pre-season training camp at Pinzolo.

HAHAHA oh man.. they're trying to force him out!!

Also according to SKY or Kicker (not sure anymore) Elia wants to go to Bremen (he's supposedly in Bremen right now), but they just want to loan him (they be poor atm) while Juve wants a complete transfer for 7m.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Also according to SKY or Kicker (not sure anymore) Elia wants to go to Bremen (he's supposedly in Bremen right now), but they just want to loan him (they be poor atm) while Juve wants a complete transfer for 7m.

I won't mind a straight swap deal
humm4fyce1.png

Salazar

Really not worth dissolving anything resembling a wage structure so that you can massively overpay a knees-held-together-with-string striker.

And RVP isn't Henry. If Henry was stood on the halfway line, you knew that he could get the ball and massacre anybody in the way before humiliating the keeper. RVP hasn't got that intimidation factor. Not even close. There have been some genuinely godlike players at Arsenal - if you're going to panic and hurl all your money at someone, you should think first about how they measure up against someone like Thierry or Denis. And RVP doesn't come up to their knees. "Marquee player" is some bullshit.

And if Usmanov is that rattled by losing him, then he must overrate him on a manic level.

near

Gold Member
NEW DEAL FOR CAULKER

We are delighted to announce that Steven Caulker has signed a new contract with the Club until 2016.

The highly-rated central defender impressed during a season-long loan with Premier League newcomers Swansea City last season. He has also established himself as a regular in the England Under-21 setup as well as being called up to the Team GB football squad for the Olympics later this month.

Steven made his professional debut during a season-long loan with Yeovil Town, having played just one full season for our Under-18s after joining the Club as a scholar, and went on to claim the Somerset club's Player of the Year award.

He continued to impress the following season when he stepped up to the Championship in joining Bristol City, making 30 appearances and picking up the Football League's Young Player of the Month award in November 2010.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/new-deal-for-caulker-05072012.page?

Cuddler

I was really hoping for Verratti to come to Juventus next year, so that we have the "new Pirlo", it will be really difficult now to find someone else for the post-Pirlo era.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
They wrapped up the deal pretty fast!

Marotta -_-

Arnie said:
As an Italian why would you join PSG over Juventus? The kid looks really good, great vision.

1.4-2m a year!!
ZO3pl.gif

I was really hoping for Verratti to come to Juventus next year, so that we have the "new Pirlo", it will be really difficult now to find someone else for the post-Pirlo era.

Don't worry. You've got Pogba.

Salazar: I remember getting a spanking like that in youth football. Wasn't capable of not blazing out in a rage of red card glory. And I didn't have a sliver of the injuries you have. That's some real fortitude.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
NEW DEAL FOR CAULKER

Nice. Hopefully next season AVB will be picking from Kaboul, Vertonghen, Dawson and Caulker with Gallas the old fart who steps in now and then. That's a great selection of CBs.

Cuddler

As an Italian why would you join PSG over Juventus? The kid looks really good, great vision.

Money+Ancelotti. I'm not sure this is what Verratti actually really want, but the diffence in money is so big that is impossible for Pescara to say no.

The situation involving RVP arguably began with the Champions League final loss in 2006 when there was uncertainty whether or not our greatest player ever, Henry, would choose to stay. It marked a season of disappointment and muted realisation that we may be headed for decline as we witnessed the financial powerhouses redesign the transfer market. This speculation, I might remind you, was just 12 months after the Invincibles. Although Henry chose to stay, he would leave the season after for the same reason; the coach could not foresee a title-winning side with his then current crop for another few years; he was told to wait. He could not, and realising his next contract would arguably be his last long one at the top level of the game, he finally opted to join Barcelona. A key note to this is that Henry finally achieved European success, winning the Champions League amongst six other titles in just two years.

At this period, Chelsea, with their new finances, and Man Utd were dominating the league and we were all told that this Arsenal side would come good in a few years. And we came close a few times but ultimately our fragilities couldnt be addressed because of the lack of money. During this time, we lost Hleb, Flamini and Adebayor. Then we lost Fabregas, Clichy and Nasri. Since then they've not only won more titles in their first year than they had at their Arsenal career, but in 12 months won the title that had alluded us for half a decade. Poignant

In this same period, RVP was the difference between a horrid season and Champions League qualification - by the skin of our teeth as it happened to be. So as he himself now comes to the last big contrast at the top level, at the age of 29, why should he - effectively - throw away his talent in another hopeful attempt to drag the club over the 4th place finishing line whilst rivals continue to strengthen and continue to reap success? How egotistical and delusional do you must be to expect loyalty in this context? The truth of the matter is, there is no guarantee that we'd even qualify for the Champions League with him in our side, the bigger cause for concern is deeper and sparser. The questions should be directed towards the board, not the player, he has waited enough. He has said what we all knew.

There must be new doubts now about the others i.e. Song and Wilshere because another disappointing season and its almost for certain they'll start to think seriously about leaving as well. And who could blame them? This is a club without direction, losing its best every year; regressing every year. You couldn't pay any amount of wages to heal this and I think its time everyone involved with the club to have some frank conversations

GorillaJu

Michael Bradley signing for Roma! Good step up for him. Bummer they just barely missed out on Uefa cup qualifying. Would be fun to play against them, especially if we did end up signing Dempsey.

Also, we are playing against Roma, in the States during the pre-season. But friendlies don't count :p

near

Gold Member
Nice. Hopefully next season AVB will be picking from Kaboul, Vertonghen, Dawson and Caulker with Gallas the old fart who steps in now and then. That's a great selection of CBs.

The good news keeps rolling in, so much more to come. ;)

bjaelke

Michael Bradley signing for Roma! Good step up for him. Bummer they just barely missed out on Uefa cup qualifying. Would be fun to play against them, especially if we did end up signing Dempsey.

We're playing Roma on the July 25th as part of the US tour.

Slow edit.

Arnie

The situation involving RVP arguably began with the Champions League final loss in 2006 when there was uncertainty whether or not our greatest player ever, Henry, would choose to stay. It marked a season of disappointment and muted realisation that we may be headed for decline as we witnessed the financial powerhouses redesign the transfer market. This speculation, I might remind you, was just 12 months after the Invincibles. Although Henry chose to stay, he would leave the season after for the same reason; the coach could not foresee a title-winning side with his then current crop for another few years; he was told to wait. He could not, and realising his next contract would arguably be his last long one at the top level of the game, he finally opted to join Barcelona. A key note to this is that Henry finally achieved European success, winning the Champions League amongst six other titles in just two years.

At this period, Chelsea, with their new finances, and Man Utd were dominating the league and we were all told that this Arsenal side would come good in a few years. And we came close a few times but ultimately our fragilities couldnt be addressed because of the lack of money. During this time, we lost Hleb, Flamini and Adebayor. Then we lost Fabregas, Clichy and Nasri. Since then they've not only won more titles in their first year than they had at their Arsenal career, but in 12 months won the title that had alluded us for half a decade. Poignant

In this same period, RVP was the difference between a horrid season and Champions League qualification - by the skin of our teeth as it happened to be. So as he himself now comes to the last big contrast at the top level, at the age of 29, why should he - effectively - throw away his talent in another hopeful attempt to drag the club over the 4th place finishing line whilst rivals continue to strengthen and continue to reap success? How egotistical and delusional do you must be to expect loyalty in this context? The truth of the matter is, there is no guarantee that we'd even qualify for the Champions League with him in our side, the bigger cause for concern is deeper and sparser. The questions should be directed towards the board, not the player, he has waited enough. He has said what we all knew.

There must be new doubts now about Song and Wilshere because another disappointing season and its almost for certain they'll start to think seriously about leaving as well. And who could blame them? This is a club without direction, losing its best every year; regressing every year. You couldn't pay any amount of wages to heal this
This sounds like it was written in October 2011.

Arsenal finished 3rd in the Premier League. You've bought two class players already, and will no doubt bring in M'Vila, as well as either a new keeper or a defender. That's excellent business in the transfer window. And you have spent modest sums of money in the process.

In my mind there's no doubt Arsenal, should they keep Van Persie, would challenge for the title next season. Van Persie wants the obscene though, he wants guarantees. How can you guarantee a Premier League title, unless you're City and you can spunk away money?

This whole doom and gloom posturing from certain Arsenal fans is ridiculous, your club's going in a healthy direction (unlike United), you're making some very good signings (unlike many teams), and you were the third best team in the league last season.

RVP is being a classless JT here, no two ways about it, it's his job to score goals, and if he'd shut up and do that Arsenal might well have a chance of winning something next season. He's also showing a lot of disrespect for his teammates who created a good chunk of his goals, Song in particular.

Tottenham will win the league. Their signings are insane. Damn you, London. :(
iVz62YxBWZBK6.png

Nyx

Welp. Track record against Utrecht hasn't been the best the last couple of years.

I know!

Will be a sold out stadium for sure, an evening-match vs Ajax, I bet some people are already at the ticketshop with their sleepingbag. ;-)

Kyoufu

I think RVP knows Koscielny is not good enough but he's frustrated Wenger and the board won't bring in anyone better.

Your goals don't mean much when you're leaking them too.

GorillaJu

Tottenham will win the league. Their signings are insane. Damn you, London. :(

I wonder if you can stand up with your knees constantly jerking back and forth. Or, is that how you walk?

icn_delpsdqjy0.gif

I think RVP knows Koscielny is not good enough but he's frustrated Wenger and the board won't bring in anyone better.

Your goals don't mean much when you're leaking them too.

If only they had Mike Williamson.

bjaelke

TQatG.jpg

Rather than the standard pitchside advertising hoarding or square-inch advert in the match programme, Brazilian Serie B side Vitoria have conjured up an ingenious way of promoting the club’s blood donation campaign.

Nicknamed the ‘Red and Blacks’, there’s no prizes for guessing what colours Vitoria usually play in. However, ahead of the new season, the club have ‘drained’ the red hoops from their home strip in a bid to raise awareness and get their fans to donate blood for transfusions and the like.

The red hoops on the home shirt will then be replaced one-by-one as the level of blood donated rises, until the shirt is eventually restored to it’s former glory when the target is met. As we said, ingenious…
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/kits...nation-with-ingenious-kit-campaign-video.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom