• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

This needs either "Like a fucking boss" or "Haters gonna hate".

Kolarov%20arriving.ashx

That being said, about half the players in the gallery were wearing those goofy white t-shirts with a print on it that someone was mentioning they hated a day or two ago. :lol

GorillaJu

Desperation.

This is what it looks like.

If Spurs manage to get Adebayor they've done well. Not sure he is a great striker but he was working for them so why not.

Your ability to recognize tongue in cheek humor is at its most dire level. Best stop feverishly looking for opportunities to "burn" people.

Lloris would be good for Arsenal...but not the priority surely.

Ambitious? Maybe, but if other problems aren't addressed...perhaps foolish. Anyhow, another good signing for Arsenal if they get him. Lloris is very good and established. Can't complain about that.

Your ability to recognize tongue in cheek humor is at its most dire level. Best stop feverishly looking for opportunities to "burn" people.
Ah, I thought you were being serious. You didn't have to be so mean about it :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Seems odd to spunk £15m+ on a keeper when you already have a decent alternative.

Eh, I think it's sensible. Chesney is not as good as the other top 4 keepers, and cost them multiple times last season. With the increased competition at the top of the table they really can't afford for him to learn on the job.

Korez

Davide Astori goes to Spartak Moscow. The defender leaves our Serie A, there is the agreement between Cagliari and Spartak. The deal was done in last hour: contacts between the clubs were continued in secret. A meeting last night unlocked the deal, now is all done. The price for Astori should be around 15 million euros, including bonus, but in next hours we will have more details. Tonight, Astori will leave for Russia. And he will say ‘goodbye’ to Cagliari …

Mastadon

Banned
Eh, I think it's sensible. Chesney is not as good as the other top 4 keepers, and cost them multiple times last season. With the increased competition at the top of the table they really can't afford for him to learn on the job.

He's young has has potential to improve though. If it's at the expense of other, much weaker positions then I think it could be a mistake.

Fady K

Chesney was good for the most part though IMO. He made some gaffes here and there but for the most part he had decent games. I think Lloris is not that superior. It's a dilemma with keeper though, you can't just rely on one in case he gets injured hence you need to get another great keeper. However, there's a good chance the keeper will be on the bench all the season if the other keeper remains fit. Got to feel bad for second place keepers.

Fry

Scesnzky had a better season than Reina and any goalkeeper United used during the season.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Chesney was good for the most part though IMO. He made some gaffes here and there but for the most part he had decent games. I think Lloris is not that superior. It's a dilemma with keeper though, you can't just rely on one in case he gets injured hence you need to get another great keeper. However, there's a good chance the keeper will be on the bench all the season if the other keeper remains fit. Got to feel bad for second place keepers.

Stats-wise Chesney was some way off Hart, Friedel and De Gea. I think it's a great signing for them and I wish we had got him.

Fady K

HAZARD training today. <3

0,,10268~11019314,00.jpg

TINTIN training <3

0,,10268~11019315,00.jpg

Stats-wise Chesney was some way off Hart, Friedel and De Gea. I think it's a great signing for them and I wish we had got him.

I agree that the 2 of the 3 you mentioned are definitely superior. De Gea is great but I felt he was on the same level as Chesney. Rumor had it that AVB was definitely targeting Lloris, wonder what happened. I think it would make more sense for Tottenham to have him as Friedel probably won't stick around for long, will he?

Kyoufu

Good taste, but only ? C'mon son :p So many beautiful games coming out across both consoles and handhelds. We are living in a golden gaming generation IMO : D

You guys take light-hearted over-exaggerated comments way too seriously here. :(

Fry

By what metric? Reina and De Gea outperformed Chesney in pretty much every area.

Wut? I pretty much remember Reina not having a good season by his standards, probably his worst so far. And the guy can't save a penalty anymore.

De Gea started off pretty irregular but he became solid after, but he was never a constant 1st pick.

Schesnzy always looked pretty good to me, at least from the Arsenal matches I've seen. I imagine he would be much more consistent and almost world class if he had a solid defense in front of him.

Fady K

The new PS3 model is called CECH-4000. I approve.

You guys take light-hearted over-exaggerated comments way too seriously here. :(

I believed you because I thought you didn't look forward to many games :[ The good thing about EDF3P is this - region free.

Mastadon

Banned
Wut? I pretty much remember Reina not having a good season by his standards, probably his worst so far. And the guy can't save a penalty anymore.

De Gea started off pretty irregular but he became solid after, but he was never a constant 1st pick.

Schesnzy always looked pretty good to me, at least from the Arsenal matches I've seen. I imagine he would be much more consistent and almost world class if he had a solid defense in front of him.

End of season GK stats are here

Reina had a pretty poor season by his standards, but the decline only really happened in the latter half of the season. DDG has some pretty impressive stats.

Chesney conceded a goal every 70 minutes.

GorillaJu

Szczesny had a decent season. De Gea looked fantastic once he found his feet.

Reina was quite poor by his standards, no question about that. In terms of shot stopping this year was by far his worst. He's let in balls at the near post, and shots (like Agüero's) that should never have gone in. But it's worth considering that when we score goals off the counter attack, it's usually because Reina found Suarez's feet or Andy's head and somehow managed to weight the ball perfectly from 60 yards away. He's never lost his distribution asset, and he still organizes the defense extremely well.

Is that Belhanda in those gifs?

Indeed

rififi

It's not his fault, there isn't anyone on Liverpool to practice penalties with because they can't hit a penalty on target.

Arnie

I'm going to sign up for a month of LFC TV online. Don't really need it once the season starts but it'll be pretty vital in this pre-season period. There'll be so many interviews, training videos, pre-season matches etc that it'll be worth the £5.

Meier

Now where oh where is this young talent headed this year?

http://i.minus.com/i07K7yvrE5eES.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ipM5jYu5c58Ap.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ilxLoVIoVZbzm.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Hopefully to City as was previously rumored. Let's get the transfer party started, Mancini! I do wonder if they'll hold onto him another year now since Giroud left -- not sure they can afford to give up both.

(fucking lovely gifs btw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom