• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

What's wrong with Glen Johnson? Anyway, glad to see Lucas finally getting the recognition he deserves from the fans. I remember how every single Liverpool fan wanted him out of the club, blaming him for us losing the title in 09. I've heard the exact same people writing Coates off after his first game for us as well.

Nothing is wrong with Johnson, or Agger, or Skrtel, or Enrique or Henderson or Shelvey, etc.

Just bringing it up that we have very, very little "star power" in the club right now. The days of Alonso, Gerrard, Torres, Masch, Carragher (at his peak), etc. are long behind us!

Mastadon

Banned
Shouldn't such a major shareholder have been influencing the club's direction privately ?

Letting it come to a public statement is something of a failing on his part, no ?

More calculated and opportunistic. He's riding the inevitable wave of negative public sentiment following RVP's statement in a very unsubtle attempt to force himself into a more prominent position.

Salazar

More calculated and opportunistic. He's riding the inevitable wave of negative public sentiment following RVP's statement in a very unsubtle attempt to force himself into a more prominent position.

Slightly daft to swing a cricket bat into Wenger's groin at the start of the window unless you're definite that you want a spill and have a new manager in mind.

And even then it would be fucking moronic.

Blablurn

u remember the story about my former classmate who is the girlfriend of roman weidenfeller now?

2,h=343.bild.jpg

2,h=343.bild.jpg

she used to be that little, no boobs girl with glasses.

Garjon

Nothing is wrong with Johnson, or Agger, or Skrtel, or Enrique or Henderson or Shelvey, etc.

Just bringing it up that we have very, very little "star power" in the club right now. The days of Alonso, Gerrard, Torres, Masch, Carragher (at his peak), etc. are long behind us!

It's amazing how 2 seasons can kill off a potential title-winning squad.

Carbonox

u remember the story about my former classmate who is the girlfriend of roman weidenfeller now?

S'always the case. And the popular hot ones at school tend to grow in to fat child-bearing benefit sponges.

dc89

There's going to be a big meltdown at Arsenal.

I wonder if Jack really wants to stay now? He'll be next, he said he will never leave but I'm gonna put money on it now, he won't be there in two seasons time.

2,h=343.bild.jpg

2,h=343.bild.jpg

Mother of God.

Blablurn

Don't beat yourself up over it, Bla.

No way you could have known.

its strange. i'm bubbling around with finishing my bachelor and people from back then swim in money and dont have any problems.

gonna try to fix my stuff already. i got an awesome gf. now its up to me to finish college and get a good job

Garjon

I thought it was BT who held the rest of the premier league fixtures, with ESPN getting nothing? Does this mean, to receive every live fixture we'll have to subscribe to three different services?

Wait, does that mean no more ESPN Goals app?

Kyoufu

I thought it was BT who held the rest of the premier league fixtures, with ESPN getting nothing? Does this mean, to receive every live fixture we'll have to subscribe to three different services?

That doesn't come into effect until the 2013/2014 season I believe.

Carbonox

I can't help but feel you're speaking from experience here.

Unfortunately in my town, everyone grew up in to fat child-bearing benefit sponges. I feel so out of place. Might get 3 kids of my own to fit in. Not enough time to make them, so I'll go to the nearest park and steal a few from the swings.

bjaelke

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC
Congratulations from all the staff and players @LFC to Alberto Aquilani who got married yesterday to Michela Quattrociocche

I suppose that's a legit excuse to miss out on pre-season training.

DqGHR.jpg

OH FUCK YEAH BITCHES, fuck Kagawa, can't wait for Reus :D
Yes pls, come to daddy :)

3 of our new guys.

600271_487301651281828rjn1.jpg

Pretty excited to see what Klopp will make out of Schieber (on the left) and Bittencourt (right). Don't know what to expect of Kirch, though. Guess he can only surprise us with being better than we thought lol

I suck for not having went there yesterday :(
Where's Amini at? :)

I'm already satisfied with the transfers - if Kuba won't move that is.
We don't really need anyone else, me thinks. Also great picks from the reserves (Günter, Duksch) to pull up into the first team.

Bring on the season and more of this:

wURsN.png

& this:
wurstullib0cw6.png

Even more so for fucking up my nostalgia...

sammer-samal9obd.png

I can't wait for the whole intro

"OH, IT'S WRITTEN IN THE STARS, A MILLIONS MILES AWAY...”

*yada yada yada*

"Cause I'm on my way... Oooooohhhhh a hooooooooooo"

*camera pans on the roaring lions on the PL Trophy draped in blue and white ribbons on the centre circle of The Etihad*

Or...

Sky could show their bitterness and not do anything like that, even though they did something like that last season when it was at Old Trafford.
MASSIVE club.

dc89

UK FootyGAF who play 5 a side:

The Money grabbing Government have announced they plan to add a VAT charge on fees associated with 5 a side.

It was previously exempt for many reasons, health and community etc.

so basically if this goes through we will all pay 20% VAT on pitch fees.

#notaxon5s

Bumhead

Banned
Any of our Portugese contingent know anything about Paulo Regula?

Signing for us, apparently. Right sided 23 year old midfielder?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Alessio Secco is about to make a return to football! He's one step away from becoming the new Modena DS. LOLOLOLOL.

Poulsen to Modena confirmed?

Spanish Wrath said:
Also, fake boobs.

This x1000.

Awesome Garcia, you're truly awesome.

Speaking of which..
Who is it? Dude is a fucking machine, tweets so much so had to unfollow. (sorry whoever you are haha).

We have NO idea haha! I knew he wasn't Spanish Wrath when I saw him tweet about ponies and ice cream during a Real Madrid game
uZtzj.gif
uZtzj.gif
uZtzj.gif

The Money grabbing Government have announced they plan to add a VAT charge on fees associated with 5 a side.

#notaxon5s

Oh what the fuck.

#notaxon5s
WHAT.

WHATTTTTTTTTTTT.

IS THIS REAL?!

sohois

http://bilder.bild.de/fotos-skaliert/lisa_27378549_q-25012006/2,h=343.bild.jpgIMG]

[IMG]http://bilder.bild.de/fotos-skaliert/lisa2_27379045_q-25013990/2,h=343.bild.jpg[IMG]

she used to be that little, no boobs girl with glasses.[/QUOTE]

Obvious giant padded bra.

I would have thought that you, Blaburn, as someone who has spent a great deal of time in China, could spot them a mile off.

And as said, what is underneath them is probably fake.

immy

Banned

#notaxon5s

Do you have a link?

Mastadon

Banned

#notaxon5s

That's fucking outrageous.

dc89

immy

Banned
Yes it's real.

"See our response on Sky News here: http://t.co/7o9xGUDF & join our campaign by voicing your opinions – LET’S PLAY ON VAT-FREE! #noVATon5s"

That's powerleagues twitter with their response.

Righ phone is dying and I am out! Laters.

Do you have to right up the press release for when you sign RvP?

Blablurn

Obvious giant padded bra.

I would have thought that you, Blaburn, as someone who has spent a great deal of time in China, could spot them a mile off.

And as said, what is underneath them is probably fake.

i never said they are not fake lol, of course they are. she used to be as flat as a pizza.

Reports that Bwin are going to be United's main sponsor from 2013/2014 replacing Aon. Kind of surprising...Aon's deal runs out in 2015 I thought. Bwin are no longer Real's sponsors though as Emirates are taking over there...so I guess it's possible. I am sure a while back we dismissed any betting firms as potential sponsors though.

United are expected to renew with or leave Nike over the next year too as that deal runs own. Big revenue increases on the way most likely, Glazer's licking their lips.

immy

Banned
Reports that Bwin are going to be United's main sponsor from 2013/2014 replacing Aon. Kind of surprising...Aon's deal runs out in 2015 I thought. Bwin are no longer Real's sponsors though as Emirates are taking over there...so I guess it's possible. I am sure a while back we dismissed any betting firms as potential sponsors though.

United are expected to renew with or leave Nike over the next year too as that deal runs own. Big revenue increases on the way most likely, Glazer's licking their lips.

Emirates sponser everyone!

Salazar

Legs are proper fucked after tonight. My achilles was pouring out blood. Every knee tendon and ligament is fucked. Toes feel like I defaulted on a mob debt. Shins are fucked. Got burns -- not grazes, burns -- on my hands from when I went over.

Legs are proper fucked after tonight. My achilles was pouring out blood. Every knee tendon and ligament is fucked. Toes feel like I defaulted on a mob debt. Shins are fucked. Got burns -- not grazes, burns -- on my hands from when I went over.
#50shadesofgrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom