• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinan

wat? Certainly not in recent times. And you guys won't win anything with Syomin in charge.

Haha, I knew someone would react. Wake me up when your club will prepare 3 Ballon'd'Or winners.

But yea, Syomin is a disgrace, though we still should be able to win the domestic championship even with him in charge. He has done it once already, so its not impossible.

Wessiej

So El Hamdaoui def. signed for Fiorentina?

turtluvcp.gif

tumblr_lzm8wmSBcU1r47tw4o1_400.gif

yay.gif

Ki Sung Yueng from Celtic to QPR for a fee in excess of £7m according to Korean papers.

The post-Rangers downsizing has already begun! This is the end!
Good bit of business. Hopefully we can pick up a few good players for that sum. Already have too many midfielders.

Ki is a good player. I think he'll impress over there.

Sloosha

Ki Sung Yueng from Celtic to QPR for a fee in excess of £7m according to Korean papers.

The post-Rangers downsizing has already begun! This is the end!
Good bit of business. Hopefully we can pick up a few good players for that sum. Already have too many midfielders.

QPR
iMJuDKEpQPXAP.png

At least he'll be in the Premier League.

It seems like that Mastour guy we signed the other day was followed by a lot of clubs all over Europe, like Barcelona, Manchester Utd and City, Real Madrid, Juve and Inter. We payed him €500k (or 800k, there are a lot of rumors on how much he's actually worth), maybe we've found another Kakà. Or another Gourcuff
oh God please no
. Really looking forward to seeing him playing a couple of matches with the first team, too bad that won't happen soon. At least for 3-4 years.

Also, thank you Corinthians, now Galliani can still brag about being the most succesful club in the world. At least for a couple of years, then Barça will take our place.

GorillaJu

LOL at the tool who made that site.. "Tancredi Palermo – CNN’s Italian correspondent claims that:"

It's Tancredi Palmeri
.. lol

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri

@WillBessant84 it is one of the card #lfc will play,but Aquilani has too high wages

@Redsrush good average,but not worth 20m €

It's the same source I quoted earlier today as saying that we're allegedly set to talk with Bologna over Ramirez. He seems quite reliable. Don't like the "good average" bit though.

inc_cesck96mf.gif

3 of our new guys.

600271_487301651281828rjn1.jpg

Pretty excited to see what Klopp will make out of Schieber (on the left) and Bittencourt (right). Don't know what to expect of Kirch, though. Guess he can only surprise us with being better than we thought lol

no question, attacking midfielder. I believe in Giroud and Podolski... they don't need to set the world on fire, as long as they have a support system in place, they'll knock in the goals. I mean, we've been needing a replacement for Nasri/Cesc for the entire season... surely the board/Wenger realizes that given they went after RVP replacements already and were in for Mata up until the bitter end. Goddamnit, Mata, Hazard, Gylfi... any of those three would easily have filled the gaping hole in the number 10 position. maybe Belhanda, I guess he has a proven partnership with Giroud, but I'm not sure if he's world class in the same way Mata/Hazard are and we need a world class midfielder in that position if we want to compete for titles again. which I honestly believe is possible with this squad IF this signing is made.

after that, defensive midfielder as cover/rotation option for Song (M'Vila... please?). then full back (Baines is pricey... but would do the trick, no question. I'd prefer Debuchy but who knows if that's even a possibility). then if there's still cash left, experienced (age 25 at the very very minimum) center half/GK.

Walcott should fuck off. He probably wants to anyways, since he knows Wenger will never play him in his preferred position and if Chelsea really is in for him (why they would want him... I have no idea, but I'm not about to question this stroke of good fortune) then for the love of god, it's time to cash in. He's a shit winger, and we'll never know if he can be a striker so if we can get anything more than 10m, I'd be overjoyed. RVP's the last big name player of the trophyless era, might as well clean out the full house. it was a failed experiment, time to start anew. It'd be best for all parties involved; the fans frustrated with Walcott, Walcott frustrated with Wenger, and Wenger to be forced to admit that his little experiment with Walcott hasn't paid off.

100% agreed except I would force RVP to play the last year of his contract, its not like Arsenal are poor.

With M'Vila in the bag, they should have funds from the sale of all the other junk, Walcott included. I would say Belhanda is a must (as unlikely as it is) as a creative attacking midfielder. He is quality and the last of the good creative midfielders available (and realistic) after we lost our on Hazard, Gotze and Kagawa.

Kyoufu

There's no way RVP is still going to be at the club after that statement. The fans won't like it and he'll probably not play as well because he knows he's leaving.

It's best for both parties to sell and move on ASAP.

Arsenal doesn't need RVP. They just need a goal-scorer and you can buy those in the summer (if they haven't already).

Hixx

"Sunderland would like to advise supporters that the home game against West Brom may change back to Saturday 24th November with a 12.45pm kick-off should Liverpool reach the Europa League group stages.

If, however the home game against West Bromwich Albion remains on the Sunday, then the following home fixture against Queens Park Rangers will move back 24 hours to Wednesday 28th November.
Supporters are advised that all games are subject to change."

Fucking Sky ruining my birthday plans
LLShC.gif

edit: nvm should be sorted well before. derp.

anyway still fuck sky.

Zabojnik

There's no way Aquilani would accept a move to Bologna, imo. Not even if Liverpool agreed to pay half his wage or something like that.

Carbonox

Not seen him play. I think our 2 keepers are Krul and Elliot.

And I'm sad Sky won't show our opening game. :(

Forster is a big talent. I'd have him as England's no. 2 to be honest, though him playing in Scotland seems to have made him invisible for selection...

If it weren't for Krul, he'd be our number 1.

Kyoufu

I just hope Man United or whoever don't come in and buy our players. Sure, we'd get good money but I'd rather keep the team together.

GorillaJu

I just hope Man United or whoever don't come in and buy our players. Sure, we'd get good money but I'd rather keep the team together.

I imagine there's a decent chance one of your midfielders gets a last-minute switch to Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, etc.

near

Gold Member
http://tv.espn.co.uk/gb/espl/espn-n...al-2012-13-barclays-premier-league-matches-2/

ESPN unveils initial fixture list.

August

Saturday 18th Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur 5:30pm
Saturday 25th Chelsea v Newcastle United 5:30pm

September
Saturday 1st Manchester City v Queens Park Rangers 5:30pm
Saturday 15th Sunderland v Liverpool 5:30pm
Saturday 29th Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur 5:30pm

October
Saturday 6th West Ham United v Arsenal 5:30pm
Saturday 20th Norwich City v Arsenal 5:30pm
Saturday 27th Manchester City v Swansea City 5:30pm

November
Saturday 3rd West Ham United v Manchester City 5:30pm
Saturday 17th Norwich City v Manchester United 5:30pm
Saturday 24th Aston Villa v Arsenal 5:30pm

Salazar

You mean, pay lots of money for them in an entirely consensual transaction ?

How barbaric.

I don't want any of them

Carbonox

Unless they want to pay 20m - at least - for our best players, don't expect any of them to go. We won't be selling for less than that (where Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Tiote and Cisse are concerned especially), regardless of people's personal opinions of the players' worth. Shit if people think Modric is worth 40m then we can sure as shit inflate our prices.

I wouldn't worry about it. Man Utd's targets appear to be younger and cheaper, rather than throwing cash around. Only Chelsea will be a legit worry, otherwise rest your beating heart, my child.

dc89

I can't wait for the whole intro

"OH, IT'S WRITTEN IN THE STARS, A MILLIONS MILES AWAY...”

*yada yada yada*

"Cause I'm on my way... Oooooohhhhh a hooooooooooo"

*camera pans on the roaring lions on the PL Trophy draped in blue and white ribbons on the centre circle of The Etihad*

Or...

Sky could show their bitterness and not do anything like that, even though they did something like that last season when it was at Old Trafford.

GorillaJu

The South American found it tough to win over supporters during the initial stages of his Anfield career but his class shone through so that now only Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez appear more often on the back of supporters' shirts.

Really? I had no idea Lucas jerseys were so popular. Ahead of Carr... Downi... Ad.. errmm.. ahead of Johns... err hah.. Spearing? Wow, can't believe he sells more jerseys than Spearing!

2 - In eight seasons at Arsenal, van Persie has only twice started over half of their league games (08/09 and 11/12.

Don't do it, Juve! Dont waste your money

Salazar

Shouldn't such a major shareholder have been influencing the club's direction privately ?

Letting it come to a public statement is something of a failing on his part, no ?

Garjon

Really? I had no idea Lucas jerseys were so popular. Ahead of Carr... Downi... Ad.. errmm.. ahead of Johns... err hah.. Spearing? Wow, can't believe he sells more jerseys than Spearing!

Don't do it, Juve! Dont waste your money

What's wrong with Glen Johnson? Anyway, glad to see Lucas finally getting the recognition he deserves from the fans. I remember how every single Liverpool fan wanted him out of the club, blaming him for us losing the title in 09. I've heard the exact same people writing Coates off after his first game for us as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom