• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
ACc5u.jpg

Asamoaaaah
Even American?! Isn't it... boring?

It's boring to you because it's your default accent ;p

Kyoufu

I'm going to sign up for a month of LFC TV online. Don't really need it once the season starts but it'll be pretty vital in this pre-season period. There'll be so many interviews, training videos, pre-season matches etc that it'll be worth the £5.

I find that I use it most during the season, when managers give pre-match and post-match interviews/conferences. Players too.

Hopefully there will be something during pre-season. I'm getting bored here :(

This.

Fady K

Wait, that's on PSP too? So bought.

Consoles drool, handhelds rule.

You'll love it man! Good music, good story, good art, funny, scary, the whole deal, retro graphics, effective - the whole deal almost.

I love both consoles and handhelds. Having said that, I wouldn't mind a handheld only future with Vita-like systems <3

dont worry gooners. ur savior is here!

Chelsea have their savior too :p

Marko%20Marin.jpg

marko-marin-signs-for-chelsea.jpg

600full-marko-marin.jpg

Sometimes he REALLY looks like a blonde Messi :p

GorillaJu

Hopefully to City as was previously rumored. Let's get the transfer party started, Mancini! I do wonder if they'll hold onto him another year now since Giroud left -- not sure they can afford to give up both.

(fucking lovely gifs btw)

I would think City would be a really bad move for him. Where on earth would he fit in that midfield? He's at the age and ability level where he should be playing first team football, week-in, week-out.

I could see Arsenal, United, Newcastle, Spurs, and Liverpool all interested. Spurs just got Gylfi and they're looking to bring in Oscar as well, so they may not be interested. United just got Kagawa, but never bet against them buying up talent. Newcastle have a hard-on for French players (and French players seem to have a hard-on for them) but if they won't pay the asking price for De Jong then I doubt they will for Belhanda, which leaves, to me, Arsenal and Liverpool as the most likely contenders.

Which means... Arsenal :p

Fady K

I'm going to sign up for a month of LFC TV online. Don't really need it once the season starts but it'll be pretty vital in this pre-season period. There'll be so many interviews, training videos, pre-season matches etc that it'll be worth the £5.

Chelsea TV is awesome throughout the year, many shows that make it worthwhile. If it's not too expensive, go all the way and try out a full year of LFC TV.

GorillaJu

I can understand that. I spend so much time around Japanese, German and Australian people these days that an American accent does practically sound foreign sometimes.

Still, it's always seemed like the most plain form of English, as it's what is generally taught as the standard "International" English in Asia and South America.

But I did notice Hope Solo's voice in that video. It's pretty hot :p

How much is he worth anyway?

18-22 is my guess.

Meier

I would think City would be a really bad move for him. Where on earth would he fit in that midfield? He's at the age and ability level where he should be playing first team football, week-in, week-out.

I don't necessarily disagree with your opinion, but he's a brilliant talent and was named as our fall back plan if Hazard didn't happen so I'm still hopeful. I imagine he would jump ahead of Milner and Johnson (who will likely be sold) but it's impossible to say.

GorillaJu

Read an article about why goal line technology is a huge mistake... and while I don't subscribe to the conclusion, I do find the main point intriguing, which is that goal-line technology is the first step in an addiction to exactitude &#8211; one which can never be fully satiated.

I kind of understand what he's saying, but on the other hand I'm so fucking sick of controversies from these sorts of things. Especially having just lost the FA Cup Final in spite of what appeared to be an equalizing goal. I'd want to know, for sure.

I don't necessarily disagree with your opinion, but he's a brilliant talent and was named as our fall back plan if Hazard didn't happen so I'm still hopeful. I imagine he would jump ahead of Milner and Johnson (who will likely be sold) but it's impossible to say.

Jumping ahead of Johnson would be a damn shame, since he'd still be 3rd or 4th choice. He wouldn't get nearly enough minutes. And Milner is a steeled, work-horse type midfielder, while Belhanda is a playmaker type, not dissimilar from David Silva. The thing is, he's too similar to David Silva and Samir Nasri to deserve to be third choice. But if he's gonna go after money and not football, then not much anyone can do.

elseanio

LFCtv seems pretty lax on multiple users signing in. I have always used my friends, and we've watched live streams on the same login. Maybe try this with the pre-season games, then split a full year sub with 3/4 people?

I could see Arsenal, United, Newcastle, Spurs, and Liverpool all interested. Spurs just got Gylfi and they're looking to bring in Oscar as well, so they may not be interested. United just got Kagawa, but never bet against them buying up talent. Newcastle have a hard-on for French players (and French players seem to have a hard-on for them) but if they won't pay the asking price for De Jong then I doubt they will for Belhanda, which leaves, to me, Arsenal and Liverpool as the most likely contenders.

Which means... Arsenal :p

And then Paul Lambert gets Randy's checkbook out and swipes him up. He'd look great in Claret and Blue.

GorillaJu

"Chelsea's hopes of moving to Battersea Power Station have been extinguished after a Malaysian consortium completed a £400million purchase of the London landmark."

There goes that one

dc89

Shame about Chelsea and Battersea.

I showed my GF the new City top, here is the opinion of an expert with a degree in Fashion Promotion.

"It's fucking horrible".

There we have it.

GorillaJu

Shame about Chelsea and Battersea.

I showed my GF the new City top, here is the opinion of an expert with a degree in Fashion Promotion.

"It's fucking horrible".

There we have it.

Well thankfully they're designed by people who not only have degrees in fashion design, but also landed high paying jobs for one of the largest football kit companies in the world!

Not that they're infallible (I hate some kit designs), but I would defend that City kit. I really like the collar. The fit is a bit boring, though Umbro, like Nike has never had inspiring silhouettes. Really wish that the badge was colored.

Arnie

LFCtv seems pretty lax on multiple users signing in. I have always used my friends, and we've watched live streams on the same login. Maybe try this with the pre-season games, then split a full year sub with 3/4 people?

I just bought a month then whilst grilling myself a BLT. Might go in for the season one though, although I found that I didn't use my account that much last season because most juicy bits were on SSN or around the internet anyway. I found it invaluable for pre-season though last year so I'm more than happy to pay a fiver.

GorillaJu

Alright, tonight is the night I start on one of two shows I've been meaning to watch forever. Do I go for Mad Men, or the Killing (original version)? Tell me so I dont have to flip a coin.

Arnie

Alright, tonight is the night I start on one of two shows I've been meaning to watch forever. Do I go for Mad Men, or the Killing (original version)? Tell me so I dont have to flip a coin.

oh ma god - Not kidding they're my two favourite shows, it's almost impossible to seperate them. I'd probably say Mad Men just because it's longer, and it's honestly the best television programme ever made. Forbrydelsen is nearly as good though, such a good crime drama. Sarah Lund is a bit of a milf too, in a strange way.

Rodgers just talking about how Gerrard's coming in for a chat and a coffee this afternoon.

There's only one right option there and it's not a mediocre danish show.
You're a JT.

dc89

Me: it could be worse, I could be wearing this.
*shows picture of United home and away side by side*
Her: *shakes head* who makes these?
Me: Nike.
Her: I mean what kind of person designs it?
Me: I dunno, but it has to be functional.
Her: it makes me sick.
Me: it makes you sick?
Her: yeah, it reminds me of shortbread packaging.

There we have it.

Well thankfully they're designed by people who not only have degrees in fashion design, but also landed high paying jobs for one of the largest football kit companies in the world!

Not that they're infallible (I hate some kit designs), but I would defend that City kit. I really like the collar. The fit is a bit boring, though Umbro, like Nike has never had inspiring silhouettes. Really wish that the badge was colored.

Dude I know that. It's just funny to hear her opinion, she thinks they should look awesome and all pretty and stuff and balls to the functionality.

You never fail to mention that bit :p

It's just for the benefit of the new members this time, I'll not mention it again.

L'Equipe say the FFF are seriously considering Zidane as their next manager. I can see the thinking behind it, as the main problem is the egos and not the coaching methods or the tactics. Not sure if it's the right first step for him though.

Empty

been thinking about starting the killing now they've put it on uk netflix. arnie's post might tip me over the edge.

need a new show to fill the void till breaking bad returns and the newsroom probably isn't going to be it.

Arnie

Rodgers said:
I talk about the fundamentals, but the first three letters of that are so important: fun. No matter what line of work you're in you have to enjoy it.

This guy's like Mr Motivator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom