• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Watched The Amazing Spiderman yesterday. I though it was fun summer flick. The fighting choreography and the animation were quite good and Andrew Garfield was a likable character.

Labadal

I don't mind this too much, but isn't it a little close to the actual player shirts? It seems like it would work better against the Home or Away design.

We'll play Reina in midfield when Adam and Henderson are having a bad day. That's why we need another good GK.

dc89

db9318a7.jpg

BOOM!!

Away shirt is awesome.

It's nice and all that they do things for the "special kids" but surely having them in the shirt photoshoots is a bit too much? Away shirt looks good, home is a bit boring.

Vertonghen: "The situation is not as I expected. Of course I'm happy with the guys here and the feeling with Ajax is still good. But being here gives me double feelings. Staying at Ajax would feel as a slap in the face. Everybody said that I'm ready for the next step. Right now it's a case between the clubs and agents. That [a full pre-season season at Tottenham] is still possible. They will have their first training session on Monday. I've had no contact yet with the new coach. But with my head I'm still at Ajax. I'm the captain, I won't be a rebel."

dc89

Is that purple?? I hate purple.. Where is the red&black striped style?

Maroon I think. Like I said before, I'd like to see last years away become this seasons third. But there are rumors of a black and white 3rd kit.

Arnie

Vertonghen: "The situation is not as I expected. Of course I'm happy with the guys here and the feeling with Ajax is still good. But being here gives me double feelings. Staying at Ajax would feel as a slap in the face. Everybody said that I'm ready for the next step. Right now it's a case between the clubs and agents. That [a full pre-season season at Tottenham] is still possible. They will have their first training session on Monday. I've had no contact yet with the new coach. But with my head I'm still at Ajax. I'm the captain, I won't be a rebel."
Has to be pretty painful given how the deal looked to be done a couple of weeks ago. He's just itching to get a run out at that new training facility.

rififi

L'Equipe say the FFF are seriously considering Zidane as their next manager. I can see the thinking behind it, as the main problem is the egos and not the coaching methods or the tactics. Not sure if it's the right first step for him though.

I remember a few months ago a statement from Cadena SER about Mourinho saying Zidane wasn't doing anything as sporting director, that he wasn't "bad" enough - that Mourinho needed someone to do more dirty work for him.

I was always under the impression that when Zidane was going to start coaching, that it would be with the Castilla, not sure if coaching France as his first position is a good decision for him though.

Remids me of one of Arsenals old away kits, I think. It's not ugly.

Do you mean the 2005-2006 Arsenal home kit?

elseanio

Maroon I think. Like I said before, I'd like to see last years away become this seasons third. But there are rumors of a black and white 3rd kit.

Premier League should enforce this. Home should be 2 seasons minimum, with one new away kit each season (with previous away kit becoming 3rd)

dc89

HOLY CRAP! We've signed a player...kinda

Devante Cole, son of Andy Cole has signed a professional contract after making his way through the youth system.

:( that's all for now.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Verratti's agent: "We're impressed with PSG but we need a few days to reflect."

We can wrap this up with one phone call from Pirlo.

rodvik

New Star Soccer is crack on the iPad. I lost most of the 4th playing it. Different from the PC version, much better I have to say.

Linius

Nice kits for Man. City :)

In The Netherlands they drew the second round for the national trophy. Ajax drew Utrecht, their angstgegner :(

By the by, started watching Chuck yesterday. Now five episodes underway and it's pretty awesome!

Rodgers on Sigurdsson: "He wasn't playing at Hoffenheim, I brought him to Swansea and he did very well for me there, scoring seven goals in 19 games and was very good. He and I both sat and spoke and believed that playing football was going to be the most important aspect for him. But obviously it was important financially so we agreed a deal for him to go to Swansea and that was wrapped up. I then became the Liverpool manager and that then wasn't something that was going to happen at Swansea so he then had a choice of where he wanted to go. I knew what the market was and I wasn't prepared to pay anything over what I had known was agreed before. Liverpool would have provided Gylfi with a wonderful opportunity to perform with a manager that he knows and at a club which is a real footballing institution. But he's decided to go to Tottenham, for whatever reason. I wish him the best, he's a good kid and there's no ill feeling. We've got other targets and we'll move on."

Zabojnik

Gutted for Verratti. I know you are too, Yurt. Let it all out, my man. :( I suppose we could've handled the whole affair better, on the other hand though ... 14M€ + 1,4M€ salary is crazy money for a Serie B player with one good season on his résumé and Zeman as coach.

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish Pescara a safe return to Serie C.

EDIT: Not a done deal yet, apparently. C'mon Beppe, you can do it. LOAN POWEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR!!! CO-OWNERSHIP ATTACKKKKKK!!!!!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gutted for Verratti. I know you are too, Yurt. Let it all out, my man. :( I suppose we could've handled the whole affair better, on the other hand though ... 14M€ + 1,4M€ salary is crazy money for a Serie B player with one good season on his résumé and Zeman as coach.

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish Pescara a safe return to Serie C.

EDIT: Not a done deal yet, apparently. C'mon Beppe, you can do it. LOAN POWEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR!!! CO-OWNERSHIP ATTACKKKKKK!!!!!

Bo1lT.jpg

Kyoufu

Do we have any Argentinian GAFers here? Our scout is over in Argentina looking for some top talent. Any obvious picks?

Congrats. Enjoyed the fans a lot yesterday, refreshing to see a bunch of maniacs with fireworks after the euros.
KuGsj.gif

Where's that club world cup played at?

Mastadon

Banned
Rodgers on Sigurdsson: "He wasn't playing at Hoffenheim, I brought him to Swansea and he did very well for me there, scoring seven goals in 19 games and was very good. He and I both sat and spoke and believed that playing football was going to be the most important aspect for him. But obviously it was important financially so we agreed a deal for him to go to Swansea and that was wrapped up. I then became the Liverpool manager and that then wasn't something that was going to happen at Swansea so he then had a choice of where he wanted to go. I knew what the market was and I wasn't prepared to pay anything over what I had known was agreed before. Liverpool would have provided Gylfi with a wonderful opportunity to perform with a manager that he knows and at a club which is a real footballing institution. But he's decided to go to Tottenham, for whatever reason. I wish him the best, he's a good kid and there's no ill feeling. We've got other targets and we'll move on."

That's fair enough really. Would have loved to have him, but Spurs are a fantastic club and it's not hard to see why it's an attractive option beyond the wages.

Rodgers handling of the media and how he comes across in interviews is such a breath of fresh air.

Arnie

Rodgers handling on the media and how he comes across in interviews is such a breath of fresh air.

Was thinking of raising that point earlier, immediately after watching that interview on the website. He's got a real way with words, which is a breath of fresh air after Kenny's repeated 'desire and commitment' lines and Rafa's often garbled nonsense. Although I did love Rafa's random outbursts, his priest in a mountain of sugar one especially.

YYEESSSSSSSS

By the way, this first episode of Forbrydelsen was fucking awesome
After the series I hope you'll agree with me that the language is fucking cool. I said something about that here and got ridiculed. Probably by Wooden the JT.

Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas! Lucas!

When it comes to dealing with the media, Rafa had a bit of a love/hate relationship with them, but I preferred that to Kenny looking and acting like he was on the verge of a mass muder/suicide whenever he was interviewed or asked any kind of question which even slightly criticised us. We'll see how it goes with Rodgers when the pressure is really on, seems promising so far though

Zabojnik

And to think that it was basically a done deal. 5M€ + Buoy co-ownership. Unfortunately Buoy decliend the co-ownership and Pescara wasn't keen on valorizing a loaned player. I think I'll just go on and blame Raiola, Buoy's agent, if we lose Verratti to PSG.

GorillaJu

That's fair enough really. Would have loved to have him, but Spurs are a fantastic club and it's not hard to see why it's an attractive option beyond the wages.

Rodgers handling of the media and how he comes across in interviews is such a breath of fresh air.

I was thinking the same thing. It'll be nice to maybe, possibly be less hated this year.

But then I went on RAWK and everyone is upset to see the manager "cozying up to the media." ROFL.

dc89

What's your GF's opinion on Liverpool's third kit?

She shook her head for a while, "what is the tribal thing for? It's like they got a really bad tattoo design and shoved it on the sleeves."

She doesn't hate all football kits, she actually likes the France home and away and she really liked the previous France away shirt, the white one with the thin stripes going across.

elseanio

I was thinking the same thing. It'll be nice to maybe, possibly be less hated this year.

But then I went on RAWK and everyone is upset to see the manager "cozying up to the media." ROFL.

Has he done any interviews other than to LFC? Talksport had a chat with him, but seen nothing wrong with that. No need to have a battle with the media if you don't need to. Rafa and Kenny got wrapped up in all that.

Mastadon

Banned
Was thinking of raising that point earlier, immediately after watching that interview on the website. He's got a real way with words, which is a breath of fresh air after Kenny's repeated 'desire and commitment' lines and Rafa's often garbled nonsense. Although I did love Rafa's random outbursts, his priest in a mountain of sugar one especially.

White liquid in a bottle must be milk!

The thing is, we need a mid-point. Rafa nearly struck the balance in press conferences (certainly not articles,) and it remains to be seen if Rodgers actually manages it. In the grand scheme of things, the media should be fuck all, but in reality they have a lot of infleunce in terms of the way supporters 'think,' and therefore the actions that the ownership take.

I don't want somebody miserable and, tbh, disrespectful like Kenny was last season, not least because it puts their own job in jeapordy. Then again, I don't want our manager to have a backslapping relationship with the media like Redknapp does.

More managers need to pull the media up on their bullshit

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
And to think that it was basically a done deal. 5M€ + Buoy co-ownership. Unfortunately Buoy decliend the co-ownership and Pescara wasn't keen on valorizing a loaned player. I think I'll just go on and blame Raiola, Buoy's agent, if we lose Verratti to PSG.

We should either way
27q62.png

Inter home and away kit

http://www.passionemaglie.it/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/inter-home-nike.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.passionemaglie.it/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/inter-nike-away-12-13.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Looks like shit to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom