• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Because Thiago Silva signed a new contract. They're probably taking their time to make sure whoever they bring in is good enough as a long term replacement for Puyol. I doubt they want another Chgrynskiy scenario.

Fryers to quit United for Spurs
- Fee decided by tribunal
- £20,000-a-week contract
This was rumoured a while back. Think he can be a good back-up.

Think we'll definately be getting a new LB. there's only Evra left in the first team squad.

FootballFan

Barca don't believe in buying players that did not start their career as a midfielder. It's a philosophy, or something... more than a club, and all that bullshit.

...? You sound upset about RVP. If its any use to you, he had 1 good season and rest of the time he was either injured or non-existent. Whoever does buy him, I feel sorry for that club.
Douchebag on the field and isn't even that good. At least Ronaldo backs his arrogance and horrible attitude with good performances. I will be genuinely surprised if RVP does good next season.

Why have Barca not bought a new cb

Buy who though ? Thiago Silva deal is gone and not many others that would fit in well.

kharma45

Because Thiago Silva signed a new contract. They're probably taking their time to make sure whoever they bring in is good enough as a long term replacement for Puyol. I doubt they want another Chgrynskiy scenario.

Fryers to quit United for Spurs
- Fee decided by tribunal
- £20,000-a-week contract

Apart from being Goal.com so suspect for accuracy if he does go to Spurs and 20k a week I can understand why United never gave him a new deal, same as Pogba and Morrison, a young kid who's achieved nothing wanting far too much money.

Didn't think Spurs would give him that sort of wage.

LegoArmo

Name one youngster who has left United and gone on to have a better career elsewhere. I can't think of any. Silly boys.

Piqué and Rossi don't count, United chose to sell them.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
£20k a week for Fryers?

I thought Levey was supposed to be a good businessman?

I doubt Levy would ever pay him that wage, that's just goal.com bollocks. If we did then there must be some serious dosh coming in to beef up the wage structure.

Jensen

Name one youngster who has left United and gone on to have a better career elsewhere. I can't think of any. Silly boys.

Fergie wanted to keep both of them, they chose to leave for more first team football.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
...? You sound upset about RVP. If its any use to you, he had 1 good season and rest of the time he was either injured or non-existent. Whoever does buy him, I feel sorry for that club.
Douchebag on the field and isn't even that good. At least Ronaldo backs his arrogance and horrible attitude with good performances. I will be genuinely surprised if RVP does good next season.

WAIT A MINUTE! It's all starting to make sense!

One good season..

Not that young...

Injury prone...

Expensive..

Ridiculous salary..

Yup, sounds like a Juve striker to me!

Clegg

Forlan went on to be one of the best strikers in the world.

And I think Rossi counts too. He didn't want to play a bit part role at United.

Carbonox

I doubt Levy would never pay him that wage, that's just goal.com bollocks. If we did then there must be some serious dosh coming in to beef up the wage structure.

Yeah but even that isn't a valid reason to pay an unproven spoilt brat 20 fucking grand. That's obscene for the kid. You don't hear about this sort of noise at other clubs so what's with Manchester United youngsters being cocky arseholes demanding more money?

Feorax

Stop signing players holy shit

Sunderland signed a lot of good players last summer. Didn't mean shit until O'Neil sorted it out and got them playing at their potential though.

I'm not saying to expect a terrible start from Spurs, but AVB definitely needs to have a plan in place fairly quickly for how to use the new players and get the best out of them, especially if these are Levy's buys.

jtb

Banned

nah RVP leaving was an inevitability (hell I've wanted him sold all season long!) I eagerly await his sale so the squad can be strengthened. now Cesc on the other hand....

anyways, the only successful signing that Barca have made under Guardiola that wasn't a midfielder was Villa and he's played more as a winger than anything, since he's forced out wide by Messi. Ibra - failure, Chgrynskiy - failure, Dani Alves/Jordi Alba - originally wingers, Mascherano - DM turned center half, etc. the list goes on. this current Barca don't like players that don't have on-the-ball skills and that's pretty hard to find in defenders/strikers, which is why they have such a spotty record with those two positions and pack the park with midfielders instead.

LegoArmo

Evans was getting game time over Piqué. He was probably always going to go back to Barcelona at some point. Would have been nice to keep him around though.

kharma45

Yeah but even that isn't a valid reason to pay an unproven spoilt brat 20 fucking grand. That's obscene for the kid. You don't hear about this sort of noise at other clubs so what's with Manchester United youngsters being cocky arseholes demanding more money?

Probably because they're Manchester United youngsters and some, along with their agents, think they somehow deserve big money having made a handful of cameo first team appearances.

faridmon

Now that we have Steven Naismith in our pocket, Moyes announced that his next move is to keep Pianaar at Goodison. If that happens and Baines and fellaini stays, we will be force to be reckoned with next season.

LegoArmo

Now that we have Steven Naismith in our pocket, Moyes announced that his next move is to keep Pianaar at Goodison. If that happens and Baines and fellaini stays, we will be force to be reckoned with next season.

Do you think there's a chance AVB might like Pienaar more than Redknapp did?

faridmon

Maybe, but it depends if players leave Spurs this summer. Spurs-Gaf, might know this, but I reckon if they can hold of their big players, he may let Pianaar go. Also, doesn't that depend on their higher-ups? i mean, if they didn't like first time around, what will make them like him now?

Kyoufu

Sunderland signed a lot of good players last summer. Didn't mean shit until O'Neil sorted it out and got them playing at their potential though.

I'm not saying to expect a terrible start from Spurs, but AVB definitely needs to have a plan in place fairly quickly for how to use the new players and get the best out of them, especially if these are Levy's buys.

I dunno... I don't see players like Sigurdsson and Vertonghen playing badly. With the likes of Bale already in the team then they'll have me shitting my pants.

Let's hope AVB flops again lol

just kidding

maybe

Arnie

Not until the second half of the season.

Carbonox

You're supposed to be a force every year and only ever are during the second half. :p

Edit: Fuck y'all above me, I'll cut-choo.

I doubt it. I think Pienaar will probably go back to Everton. It's a shame it didn't really work out, but he fits Everton a lot better than he does Spurs. A very good player, but he wasn't ever going to get in ahead of Bale.

faridmon

After January.
Not until the second half of the season.
You're supposed to be a force every year and only ever are during the second half. :p

Edit: Fuck y'all above me, I'll cut-choo.

Nah, I think this time around we might play good earlier than usual. Every single year, the instability during the summer is what keeps us perform poorly. However, if the big names stay, I reckon the motivation will push a bit more.

Edit: Come on guys. Can't a person have optimism around here? Geez...

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
is there a reason why Redknapp just refused to play like... half of the Spurs squad?

He was old-school, he believed you play as many of your best XI as possible every week and if there is an injury you try to move your best players (Modric, VDV, Bale) around instead of bringing in a direct replacement. If I were Kranjcar, Corluka, Pienaar or Bassong, I would have fucked off as well.

Carbonox

Nah, I think this time around we might play good earlier than usual. Every single year, the instability during the summer is what keeps us perform poorly. However, if the big names stay, I reckon the motivation will push a bit more.

So you'll play better from December onwards instead?

jtb

Banned
Not really a credible source but someone on my Twitter feed says that Steven Jovetic could be a replacement for RvP...

we don't need a replacement for RVP, we need a replacement for Fabregas/Nasri. if the board caves under the pressure and panic buys an overpriced, overhyped "elite" striker (read: any striker not Falcao) I'm going to be fucking pissed. Giroud and Podolski will be fine; hell, it's better strike depth than what we've had since... basically since Henry left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom