• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

But it's on Sky's.

https://twitter.com/#!/SkySporksNews

ibwCIB5d5q05Mr.JPG

tumblr_m6nl3gZ02u1qgb6fmo1_500.gif

SPORKS

Kyoufu

£8-£10m is the price being banded around.

Also following yesterday's RVP goings on is anyone looking forward to City V Arsenal which is taking place late July I think!

I'm so glad we don't buy overpriced English players. Have fun with that shit, Liverpool.

Clegg

I'm beginning to get the post muppet blues.

I think we're done spending this summer.

TBH Kagawa is a great signing and gives us much more creativity.

However now we need fullback cover too. As soon as we resolve one problem, another pops up.

Johnson isn't exactly the best winger in the world, but he's a definite upgrade from Downing. Mind you most wingers are, like Bebe for example.

Meier

£8-£10m is the price being banded around.

Also following yesterday's RVP goings on is anyone looking forward to City V Arsenal which is taking place late July I think!

Interesting, reports right after Rodgers took over suggested he was interested in Johnson and I think his price was oft-quoted as £16m at the time. Guess we'll see how it turns out.

It's just ridiculous how expensive they are when you can get equal if not better players for half the price in other leagues. :/

Crazy if RVP goes for 22 mil, 13 mil less than Carroll cost.

What absolute madness that transfer day was, I hope we get another like it soon.

Carroll's last minute cost: 35million
Carroll's cost normally: 25million
Carroll's cost if he was foreign: 15million

Pretty much accurate at the time I think

Kyoufu

Carroll's last minute cost: 35million
Carroll's cost normally: 25million
Carroll's cost if he was foreign: 15million

Pretty much accurate at the time I think

Yup. I read we were given more because it was last minute so we had no time to replace him.

Well done Ashley. Well done.

Yup. I read we were given more because it was last minute so we had no time to replace him.

Well done Ashley. Well done.

I still remember his brace against Man City. I thought he'd go on to be awesome, but we all saw how that's turned out so far. Gotta keep him lean and mean, that's the only way he'll carry on next season like he ended last. Don't think he'll ever be 'worth' £35million, but if he can prove himself to be good enough to start for us every week, it will suffice.

According to Sky, our net spend over the last 5 seasons is 26 million. That doesn't sound right at all. Even with Torres and Alonso, we spent a lot on their replacements, getting 80million for the two of them and spending around 50million on their replacements so far (Aquilani money I rounded out to 15m)

Kyoufu

I still remember his brace against Man City. I thought he'd go on to be awesome, but we all saw how that's turned out so far. Gotta keep him lean and mean, that's the only way he'll carry on next season like he ended last. Don't think he'll ever be 'worth' £35million, but if he can prove himself to be good enough to start for us every week, it will suffice.

I like Carroll. He has the ability, just needs good service and some confidence.

Can't fault him too much last season. Liverpool had far worse English players anyway.

I like Carroll. He has the ability, just needs good service and some confidence.

Can't fault him too much last season. Liverpool had far worse English players anyway.

He has an odd skillset. His abilitys make it so he can dominate a great defender one week, and then be dominated by Gary Caldwell the next.

Feorax

I think he could be vital to Rodgers plans over the next few seasons. The squad isn't good enough to this time to penetrate at home against teams that park the bus, so Carroll could be vital in scoring the first goal or battering the defence to open the game up.

At ths same time, playing away from home against hoofball teams, Carroll will again be extremely important in winning the ball in the air and laying it off so that we can start passing it on the deck again.

dc89

"Blatter tells me; "I have changed my attitude towards technology because of the shot, the kick of Lampard in South Africa..,"
@danroan

Truly a momentous day for football.

I think he could be vital to Rodgers plans over the next few seasons. The squad isn't good enough to this time to penetrate at home against teams that park the bus, so Carroll could be vital in scoring the first goal or battering the defence to open the game up.

At ths same time, playing away from home against hoofball teams, Carroll will again be extremely important in winning the ball in the air and laying it off so that we can start passing it on the deck again.

A lot of people seem to think that Carroll can't fit into a Rodgers team, but Graham isn't exactly fantastic on the deck. Find a way to utilise Carroll's talents, find a way to keep him fit and hungry for goals, and we'll be OK.

"Blatter tells me; "I have changed my attitude towards technology because of the shot, the kick of Lampard in South Africa..,"
@danroan

Bullshit

rififi

Apparently, Bayern don't want to pay Javi Martinez' buyout clause. So unless Javi requests the transfer himself, it might not happen.

Bumhead

Banned
@danroan

Truly a momentous day for football.

Dat 2 year wait to do owt about it, eh.

Sanctamonious JT.

jtb

Banned
Apparently, Bayern don't want to pay Javi Martinez' buyout clause. So unless Javi requests the transfer himself, it might not happen.

makes sense. who the fuck pays 40m for a defensive midfielder? you don't sell shirts with signings like that!

If Carroll was foreign he wouldn't even be a professional footballer, nevermind a £15m one.

clearly you've never watched Chamakh play.

Carbonox

Sky Sports understands Newcastle and Sunderland are interested in Guidetti.

I'd be down for that as a third choice striker. Man City have no room for him since they probably have his mother and father as striker choices too.

:lol at Sunderland trying to copy us and our transfer success. First Anita and now Guidetti? Yeah good luck with that sausage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom