• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

I'd be down for that as a third choice striker. Man City have no room for him since they probably have his mother and father as striker choices too.

:lol at Sunderland trying to copy us and our transfer success. First Anita and now Guidetti? Yeah good luck with that sausage.

Sunderland don't stand a chance anyway, even if they bid more money.

he's decent, not 19m good I'd say. Not particularly clinical; scored a handful of goals last season when he had one of the best midfields in the world supplying him, but Mou only used him as a sub most of the time.

that and he was just bought by RM for ~5m last summer. would be idiotic to buy him for quadruple that price. so... all of this leads me to believe it's Marca BS.

A very good finisher and plays well on the wing. Great return of 13 goals in 30 or so matches (a few in the CL as well), most of them as a substitute. Only reason Madrid were able to buy him for 6 million is because he was a RM Castilla palyer and they had inserted a low buy-back clause when he was first sold.

Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles
Understand that Tottenham have completed the transfer of Ajax central defender Jan Vertonghen. #thfc #ajax

edit:

Paulo Freitas ‏@Cynegeticus
Both Oscar and L.Damião told Brazilian press that they are focusing only on #Internacional but Oscar admitted #THFC contacted his agent.

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about his ability to score goals, just that most countries don't produce that kind of centre forward.

If he was Spanish, they'd have honed him into a Llorente-type. If he was Italian, a Vieri. He has enough ability to get by as a footballer, just a case of trying to make him something more than a battering ram. Just to clarify, I'm not saying he's as good as either of those players

Carbonox

Why's that?

Half the Eurozone want his signature. We'd be a viable option for him if he wants to play in the Premier League but I wouldn't be surprised if he opts to stay in the mainland. If so, there are a shit load of teams who would get ahead of us. He should probably stay at Feyenoord but then players aren't very smart so a 20 year old such as himself will think he's ready for the Prem.

Either way, I think he will be harder to get than De Jong, though that was just because FC Twente are morons.

Meier

16m for Johnson?! LOL.

Impossible to ever know how accurate the valuations the media throws around but as recently as 3 days ago, this article suggested his asking price is £15m. He's got 5 years remaining on his deal.
It is believed that City are looking for a fee of around £15 million for a player who agreed new terms on a five-year-deal just six months ago, with Brendan Rodgers reportedly keen to bring the midfielder to Anfield.

Wages of around £70,000 a week have forced Martin O’Neill to cool his interest, with the Stadium of Light salary ceiling set at £60,000, but the new Liverpool boss is reportedly prepared to enter negotiations with the City hierarchy.
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...hnson-set-for-manchester-city-showdown-talks?

Here's one of the articles from about a month ago that did suggest Liverpool would be offering £16m fwiw: http://www.examiner.com/article/liv...hester-city-and-england-attacker-adam-johnson

Kyoufu

Half the Eurozone want his signature. We'd be a viable option for him if he wants to play in the Premier League but I wouldn't be surprised if he opts to stay in the mainland. If so, there are a shit load of teams who would get ahead of us. He should probably stay at Feyenoord but then players aren't very smart so a 20 year old such as himself will think he's ready for the Prem.

Either way, I think he will be harder to get than De Jong, though that was just because FC Twente are morons.

Only teams I've seen that are interested are clubs in similar position as us, except they're not in the Premier League, and that's a big reason to play here.

I mean, if you had to pick Newcastle or Lazio, you'd probably pick us. Especially after the season we had.

But yeah, screw FC Twente. Bunch of greedy jerks. :(

Spurs are looking good this season

I'm expecting to get pummelled if we don't sign first team players. :(

immy

Banned
Spurs are looking good this season

Only teams I've seen that are interested are clubs in similar position as us, except they're not in the Premier League, and that's a big reason to play here.

I mean, if you had to pick Newcastle or Lazio, you'd probably pick us. Especially after the season we had.

But yeah, screw FC Twente. Bunch of greedy jerks. :(

Lazio are good dude, finished 4th

Meier

Here's one of Noel in the away shirt as well. Not the most flattering picture of him really. :lol

Noel+Gallagher+and+Vincent+Komapny+unveil+the+new+Manchester+City+kit

pulga

Banned
After watching some videos of him I agree. Can't see Real selling him or him wanting to go mind, is Marca a bit of a bullshit paper when it comes to Madrid?

By the way, I urge everyone to watch this video of Suso versus Greece in the U19s European Championships. We need to get this kid on a proper contract and training with the first team, as soon as possible. He's better than Adam now, at 18.

It doesn't go off the deep end as many sport rags do, they are pretty much hit and miss. I still can't get over Barcelona's local Mundo Deportivo counting Balotelli as one of 11 youth products in the final. *shakes head*

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pescara president Sebastiani: "We have a deal in place with PSG for Verratti. It's up to Marco to decide if he wants to go. If he goes to PSG he won't stay here another year, which is why I would've liked if an Italian team bought him."

The ball is in his court. He's either a true black & white or....gr€€n.

FootballFan

WELCOME ABOARD SON :)

2012-07-04_LLEGADA_JORDI_ALBA_003.v1341399264.jpg

Hell yeah!! And nice avatar :D

Thiago is out of the Olympics.

Noooooooooo. Just googled, seems he is still injured :(

Arrested Development is killing me. Gob's chicken dance is the most retarded-ish and funny thing I've ever seen. :lol

Great show and amazing dance :lol.

Aww that is awesome.

Hey guys, I am kind of excited by Jordi Alba. Start the season NAOOOO.

Ps when does laliga kick off? Or when do they announce the fixtures? Should have been by now.

Love the new barca kit btw

Hell yeah! New coach, new player(s?), new youngsters! Wooo

but
we will get exploited at the back if Alba and Alves are playing as wingers. With Puyol most likely being injured, Masch and Pique will have to stop counter attacks alone lol. Oh no! :(

Wait, that's a fake account?

Holy shit I'm blind.

Fucking blind xDDDDDDDDDDD

:lol yes you are. :p

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles

Understand that Tottenham have completed the transfer of Ajax central defender Jan Vertonghen. #thfc #ajax

THE FIRE RISES

He's great on the ball, sure. He has no discipline and as we saw when Arteta was out injured, is utterly useless as a screen for the back 4.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If his position was called lofted-through-baller he'd be quality. But as a defensive midfielder, he's hasn't quite mastered the defensive part.

That assist for RVP against Everton was amazing, almost as good as the godly finish. Podolski is going to be a real downgrade in terms of winning a game with a single strike as RVP did multiple times.

Arnie

If his position was called lofted-through-baller he'd be quality. But as a defensive midfielder, he's hasn't quite mastered the defensive part.

That's about my assessment too. His lobbed through balls to Van Persie are world class, the one against Everton, for example. His defensive work isn't great though, and at the end of the day that's his position. If Arsenal grab M'Vila and alleviate Song of the duty then he'll flourish.

Why have Barca not bought a new cb
It'll be properly hilarious if they don't by the end of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom