• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

It's still the fucking champions league. Thats the pinnacle. I would rather play for them then live in fucking newcastle of all places and have no chance of ever playing in the champions league.

i like you

we can be internet friends and regale each other in our hatred of the skunks

image.php

u hi bro

also dubstep is still shit, still can't believe that when judge jules fucked off the BBC thought it'd be ok to replace him with skream and benga who are as charismatic as a crisp wrapper thats been spaffed in
KuGsj.gif
Well fuck, maybe I should go to bed.

And yeah, dubstep's worse than dogshite

immy

Banned
ban bets arent allowed brosipherous

However i still like the cut of your jib have you thought about my offer of freindship?

sunderland>newcastle all day in my book.

No. That's where I see us too with the way the summer transfers are going (or not going).

Thats my point. Why move to newcastle? Even their own supporters evidently believe this season was a fluke.

Hixx

HixxSAFC is drunk isn't he? Tell us how you feel about Newcastle United! 8)

We cool now?

only childern get drunk.

sunderland>newcastle all day in my book.

Thats my point. Why move to newcastle? Even their own supporters evidently believe this season was a fluke.

im so happy

and faridmon, i'd kiss him too. Also he made a post where he didnt mispell anything, im fucking ASTONISHED

If I was a Newcastle fan, I'd be ecstatic just to keep the team I had for now :)

That's a team that can be built and expanded on in a couple of seasons, but the priority should be in keeping hold of the players who'll have other clubs sniffing around them

faridmon

The fact that no answered my question means that none of you are watching Evo 2012. You guys should watch it. Too many great players are playing fluidly with Ibuki and Abel. A significantly exciting tournament so far.
and faridmon, i'd kiss him too. Also he made a post where he didnt mispell anything, im fucking ASTONISHED
I don't think Kermit is reading, so i might as well write a perfectly comprehensive posts.

The fact that no answered my question means that none of you are watching Evo 2012. You guys should watch it. Too many great players are playing fluidly with Ibuki and Abel. A significantly exciting tournament so far.

Is that the one with all the misogynistic homophobes that think it's ok to be misogynistic homophobes?

Lightning

Banned
No. Loan us a CM, then maybe.

Any word on where Delly boy is playing next season?

Telegraph reporting Juve want to make RVP their highest ever paid player. If RVP goes to Juve that would be soooo cool.
I would go for this. Keeping RVP out of City or United's grasp should be Arsenal's priority now as long as we don't draw Juventus in the group stages in the CL.

immy

Banned
I would go for this. Keeping RVP out of City or United's grasp should be Arsenal's priority now as long as we don't draw Juventus in the group stages in the CL.

Is because of pride?

I mean it's kind of clear that arsenals goal is just to make money and finish 4th. so effectively finish above the smaller top clubs, spurs and liverpool

Also why is there a hitler defence force lol

faridmon

Make that 2 error free posts...faridmon got spellcheck confirmed?

What's Evo2012 bro?

Come on guys, give me some slack here. Surely, I wasn't that bad.

Anyway, Evo 2012 is the biggest Fighting tournament of the year. Daigo is still there but other bigger names such as Tokido and Aita have, surprisingly, dropped out. Also, we have more players playing with a more abnormal characters that aren't on the higher-tier such as Abel and Devil Ryu.

But... They play with Dee-Jay and T. Hawk :(

Sloosha

faridmon, I've been firmly ensconced in the Evo thread all day. Kayane :(

Can't wait to see Haitani's Makoto.

Oh god. Mago playing Noah now.

Lightning

Banned
Is because of pride?

I mean it's kind of clear that arsenals goal is just to make money and finish 4th. so effectively finish above the smaller top clubs, spurs and liverpool
No. Because of fear. Those sides were the only teams to score more goals than us last year so why make them even more dangerous by selling them our best player? Unless they offered double what Juventus were prepared to pay us, I doubt it, would the extra few million be worth needing to confront RVP in the league and contend with his goals in the premier league against 2 teams who are already ahead of us and we are trying to catch? It just makes no sense to sell him to them unless they paid us a premium fee.

Arnie

Ok guys so I've just finished up and published that Spurs/Benitez article I've been writing between watching tennis/wanking over Suso/drinking tea.

I'd love it if you guys could give it a look, criticise it, point me towards any errors and prepare it for when I inevitably try to whore it out as much as possible tomorrow. It's not perfect, and I accept there's an element of Liverpool bias, but I feel it's generally on the money.

Obviously I'd love the Spurs guys opinions if they haven't gone to bed, although I fear Bungie's on holiday and I haven't seen the others on here today.

One season where they do OK makes them very delusional and abject of any rational thoughts. Leave them be!

Well for starters, we didn't just do 'OK' we did pretty fucking amazing considering the position we were in a couple of seasons ago, and immy saying we have no chance of Champions League is daft. We were incredibly close last season and we'll only get stronger.

The problem is that other teams are really going to strengthen next season which will pull us down to about 6th,7th or 8th. Does that negate last season as a fluke? No, of course not. We had the season we did through fantastic team spirit, performances and business decisions.

I'm fucking delighted in how we are doing as a club at the minute, no one could have dreamed of this a few years back. We're not getting carried away and saying we'll be challenging for Champions League again next season, but tell me why, in a few more seasons, why we can't if we keep playing the way we played all through last season.

immy

Banned
No. Because of fear. Those sides were the only teams to score more goals than us last year so why make them even more dangerous by selling them our best player? Unless they offered double what Juventus were prepared to pay us, I doubt it, would the extra few million be worth needing to confront RVP in the league and contend with his goals in the premier league against 2 teams who are already ahead of us and we are trying to catch? It just makes no sense to sell him to them unless they paid us a premium fee.

Yeah but at this stage do you care? It's clear you don't have the finances to compete with man city so what does it matter if they have one more TOP player? If they don't get that top player from you they will get it from somewhere else, might as well take the money and run.

I think if you're following the policy Arsenal have been, it's the logical thing to do.

Kyoufu

Well for starters, we didn't just do 'OK' we did pretty fucking amazing considering the position we were in a couple of seasons ago, and immy saying we have no chance of Champions League is daft. We were incredibly close last season and we'll only get stronger.

The problem is that other teams are really going to strengthen next season which will pull us down to about 6th,7th or 8th. Does that negate last season as a fluke? No, of course not. We had the season we did through fantastic team spirit, performances and business decisions.

I'm fucking delighted in how we are doing as a club at the minute, no one could have dreamed of this a few years back. We're not getting carried away and saying we'll be challenging for Champions League again next season, but tell me why, in a few more seasons, why we can't if we keep playing the way we played all through last season.

Lol apparently we think it's a fluke.

FourFourTom just trolled Twitter so hard. Put up a link about RVP signing a new contract from Arsenal.com...from 2005. People lost their shit, delirious reactions.

Best bit is...even Twitter fell for it. Was in the latest news tab :lol

immy

Banned

Everton got 65 points in 07-08, Aston Villa 64 in 09-10. They didn't manage to break through.

You simply don't have the financial muscle to compete with the top teams over the course of a few seasons. As soon as you get a real superstar he will be snapped up. This is a issue as you generally you need at least 1-2 star players to finish top 4.

You said you think you'll finish 7th or lower though.

Reading beating United 5-1 would be a fluke, Swansea turning over Chelsea 7-0 would be a fluke. When you kick a ball, it bounces of a beach ball and in the net...that's a fluke.

Going through a 38 game season, beating Chelsea, Man U etc etc and finishing 5th? Yeah, that isn't a fluke.

Lightning

Banned
Yeah but at this stage do you care? It's clear you don't have the finances to compete with man city so what does it matter if they have one more TOP player? If they don't get that top player from you they will get it from somewhere else, might as well take the money and run.

I think if you're following the policy Arsenal have been, it's the logical thing to do.
Well yes it does matter. What message is it sending to the rest of our squad. Perform well so you can get your pay day somewhere else? This is the situation that needs to come to an end and it's happening because of our wage structure but that is the main reason why I feel Arsenal need to bite the bullet and make an example out of RVP and hold him to his contract and give him a year of crap. Simply selling him off to the highest bidder which is what we are most likely to do is the wrong thing to do as next year it's Wilshere, year after that Chamberlain etc... and where does it end? That is the problem we are faced with and we shouldn't be in a position where we need to sell our best players every year.

Reading beating United 5-1 would be a fluke, Swansea turning over Chelsea 7-0 would be a fluke. When you kick a ball, it bounces of a beach ball and in the net...that's a fluke.

Going through a 38 game season, beating Chelsea, Man U etc etc and finishing 5th? Yeah, that isn't a fluke.
Last season for Newcastle was a paradox, an anomaly and unlikely to be repeated. This season will be back to normal for Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom